• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk2025

Someone mentioned it before, but Ali Velshi really did eviscerate the "winner of the first season of The Apprentice" on CNN!

That's the best you got? Just a bunch of recycled talking points and diet sexism?

You're free to respond.

Alright, well maybe next time you can share your posts without patting yourself on the back so hard :p

Okay, just edited my post in this thread, maybe that's better

So that's what you were working on during your vacation
Pfft, that was written in a bus ride. Or two.

...Ok, I don't even ride the bus.

Nah, a Facebook friend. Was a fairly even keel Bernie supporter, then Bernie lost and his ability to do anything but post overly loquacious tirades against "liberalism" dwindled.

Someone said it a few days ago, but it really is amazing how Bernie won over America's far left without being a lunatic.

Bless him. Hopefully someone takes up that mantle in 2024 while correcting some of the flaws of the Sanders campaign.

Christine

For a time they had to pump smoke through the vents just to maintain the ambiance until vape pens caught on with the new generation of staffers

Popular vote historical. Margins are so thin now.

Lots of neat things you can see on that chart. For example, the Democrats went 80 years (Pierce 1852 to FDR 1932) between electing presidents with a majority of the popular vote.

Tilden (1876) won a majority of the popular vote, but was not elected president.

Buchanan (1856), Cleveland (1884, 1892), and Wilson (1912, 1916) were all elected president, but each with only pluralities of the popular vote. Andrew Johnson was president during that period, but was not elected.

Also note the closeness of elections between 1876 and 1892. The popular vote margin in 1880 was fewer than 2000 votes. It doesn't show in the chart, but 1876 was decided by a single electoral vote, 185-184 (and was disputed, but that's another story).

For a time they had to pump smoke through the vents just to maintain the ambiance until vape pens caught on with the new generation of staffers

I don't know why, but these irk me immensely. I shouldn't see your ass huffing and puffing in a fucking office setting!

I don't know why, but these irk me immensely. I shouldn't see your ass huffing and puffing in a fucking office setting!

My bf is a manager at a grocery store. I took him dinner tonight, and there were three giant assholes vaping in the middle of the store. The lead cashier tried to ask them to stop, and they went all sublte men's/vaping rights on her. It was so gross. /off topic (and yes, they switched from we have the right to vape to "women don't know shit" in about eight seconds.)

This Political on how Obama won the lower court battle is pretty incredible, if just for this quote:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/obama-courts-judicial-legacy-226741

The nuclear option meant the Democrats could approve judges by a majority vote, opening the floodgates for Obama’s pending nominees. All three D.C. Circuit judges were confirmed on party-line votes, including Pillard, who later authored a key decision upholding the mandated contraception coverage in Obamacare. Several other contested appeals-court nominees—including David Barron, Pamela Harris, and Michelle Friedman, who have all been mentioned as potential Supreme Court picks—also got through in 2014. And just when it looked like the Democrats had eliminated as much of Obama’s backlog as they could, they got an unlikely assist from Ted Cruz, who kept the Senate in session to protest Obama’s immigration policies, an extension the Democrats used to confirm a dozen more judges.

“God bless Ted Cruz for that one,” Merkley says.

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
I just finished reading 20 pages of this thread. What spark my interest is some people worrying about Nevada going red rest assure I think you guys have nothing to worry about. If Arizona and Georgia are within margin of error then Clinton is taking Nevada by 8+ points in my opinion. She's going to preform better than Obama with Hispanics I could see her taking over 80% of the vote due to trump pissing off the Hispanics. To tell you the truth I wouldn't even be worry about Clinton losing trump is a fucking idiot there's no way he's going to win. Clinton is going to take all of Obama states in 2012 plus NE-02,NC, and AZ I'm not sold on Georgia yet.

The best thing about this election is not Trump running around in clown shoes, but the slow implosion of Fox News that we're witnessing. This needed to happen.

The best thing about this election is not Trump running around in clown shoes, but the slow implosion of Fox News that we're witnessing. This needed to happen.
The best thing this election is that there is now a greater chance of the Dems winning the House than the Republicans keeping it.

My bf is a manager at a grocery store. I took him dinner tonight, and there were three giant assholes vaping in the middle of the store. The lead cashier tried to ask them to stop, and they went all sublte men's/vaping rights on her. It was so gross. /off topic (and yes, they switched from we have the right to vape to "women don't know shit" in about eight seconds.)

Of course they did, fucking douchewipes.

I will again draw attention to Owen Ellickson's Twitter.

Dude spins pure gold everyday.

@onlxn said:
TRUMP: Eh?
RYAN: It's using your trick on you: "people are saying Trump likes NAMBLA."
TRUMP: They are?!
RYAN:
TRUMP: So I like NAMBLA. Wow

TRUMP: Never woulda pegged myself as one of those guys.
RYAN: You don't like NAMBLA.
TRUMP: People're saying I do! That doesn't just happen!

TRUMP: Searched my office: zero proof I'm not a NAMBLA member. No card saying I'm not in it, no video of me not going to meetings...
RYAN:

TRUMP: They've got me dead to rights here, Paul. People are saying this Donald Trump is in NAMBLA, OK? BIG questions about this guy.
RYAN:

TRUMP: We gotta in front of this NAMBLA thing.
RYAN: You didn't do it!
TRUMP: *I* don't think I did, but people do! Wisdom of crowds, Paul!

TRUMP: Which apology tweet is better, "I disavow" or "Like YOU'RE so perfect?!"
RYAN: You're not tweeting an apology!
TRUMP: I tweet BOTH?

RYAN: No apology. You are not in NAMBLA.
TRUMP: But peop--
RYAN: It's a JOKE.
TRUMP: But--
RYAN: Donald.
TRUMP: I--
RYAN:
TRUMP: What's real?

digdug2k

Like the guy on CNN just said, this is dangerous. And I'm increasingly nervous about what happens the day after the election. I'm nervous for Hillary's safety.
Heh. I think I'd actually be more nervous the other way. If Trump wins, I don't think anyone would try and kill the man, but I'd be pretty disappointed in us as a nation if there weren't straight up riots in the streets until the man is removed from office.

Heh. I think I'd actually be more nervous the other way. If Trump wins, I don't think anyone would try and kill the man, but I'd be pretty disappointed in us as a nation if there weren't straight up riots in the streets until the man is removed from office.
Out of all the things I've read in this thread, I didn't know free elections would be the toughest pill to swallow for some people!

The best thing this election is that there is now a greater chance of the Dems winning the House than the Republicans keeping it.
That too. But Fox News has turned 30% of the electorate into zombified lemmings and the damage it has done will be longer term. The amount of hatred and disgust on that channel towards everyone that is not a well off straight, white, conservative white man needs to end.

EV_histogram_today.png

tumblr_noph8aonfD1tezl7yo1_400.gif

That too. But Fox News has turned 30% of the electorate into zombified lemmings and the damage it has done will be longer term. The amount of hatred and disgust on that channel towards everyone that is not a well off straight, white, conservative white man needs to end.
I will be honest: who cares? In a democracy you just convince 50.1% of people to agree with you and then you're done!

Valhelm

contribute something

It isn't just Fox News! Right-wing establishments are all in shambles or at war with each other.

digdug2k

Out of all the things I've read in this thread, I didn't know free elections would be the toughest pill to swallow for some people!
? I didn't say I think we shouldn't have free elections. I said I don't expect the American people to stand by and say "Well, 51% of us voted for it, so I guess racism is fine now".

Joeytj

Banned
Just DEMOLISHED Hillary Clinton in the smack-talk thread so hard that she's basically going to have to drop out now.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=212944995&postcount=749

What? Is this a serious post?

Arguing that Hillary cost Al Gore the election because she was a Clinton? This is a daft argument that actually proves most anti-Hillary posters know little about politics.

Most pundits and pollsters agree Al Gore foolishly distanced himself too much from the Clintons during a time both of them were polular, despite Bill's scandals. Bill was at 60% approval by the end of 2000, and Hillary won her senate seat while Al Gore LOST, how do people manage de mental gymnastics and argue that Al Gore suffured because of a Senate race in New York? Insane.

The same can be said about blaming Hillary for the idea of putting her in charge of health care reform in the 90s. The sole responsibility for that decision lies with Bill, whether that was truly a problem or not.

And the rest of the criticism is mostly just a reharsh of "Hillary is inauthentic because of her tone". In fact, you're arguing that Hillary is secretly even more progressive than she lets on, and you're criticizing her for that?

On the foreign policy issues, again, that's the only actual legitimate criticism in the post, although the idea that she's some war hungry lady with a red button on her bedside, is ludicrous.

What? Is this a serious post?

Arguing that Hillary cost Al Gore the election because she was a Clinton? This is a daft argument that actually proves most anti-Hillary posters know little about politics.

Most pundits and pollsters agree Al Gore foolishly distanced himself too much from the Clintons during a time both of them were polular, despite Bill's scandals. Bill was at 60% approval by the end of 2000, and Hillary won her senate seat while Al Gore LOST, how do people manage de mental gymnastics and argue that Al Gore suffured because of a Senate race in New York? Insane.

The same can be said about blaming Hillary for the idea of putting her in charge of health care reform in the 90s. The sole responsibility for that decision lies with Bill, whether that was truly a problem or not.

And the rest of the criticism is mostly just a reharsh of "Hillary is inauthentic because of her tone". In fact, you're arguing that Hillary is secretly even more progressive than she lets on, and you're criticizing her for that?

On the foreign policy issues, again, that's the only actual legitimate criticism in the post, although the idea that she's some war hungry lady with a red button on her bedside, is ludicrous.

Nope, and you poor soul, you fell for the Kristoffer trap and put all that effort into your post :(

I really, really want a poll of Texas. Last one from June had both of them in the 30s, with Trump only ahead by 7. I want to see where the state is. I don't think we can take it, but I want some numbers.

I really, really want a poll of Texas. Last one from June had both of them in the 30s, with Trump only ahead by 7. I want to see where the state is. I don't think we can take it, but I want some numbers.

Specifically, I want to see numbers in Collin and Montgomery counties. If Dallas's and Houston's suburbs look like Philly's suburbs, it's on.

Hillary seizure truthers are amazing.

http://imgur.com/NCtFeu4

This is supposed to be evidence of her having a seizure.

WTF was that? She paused lol

are you saying he has minnesota locked down?

I'd happy trade Minnesota for Utah, Nebraska, Kansas, South Carolina, Georgia, Arizona, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, Arkansas, Alabama, Louisiana, Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oklahoma, Texas, Indiana, West Virginia, Missouri, Mississippi, and Kentucky. :p

Can you guys imagine if Bernie was the nominee? We'd probably be seeing gifs of Bernie sleeping being presented as 'proof of death' (if Hillary's health related hit pieces are anything to go by).

Somebody who is good at math help me out.

If the electorate in Texas is

63% White
13% Black
20% Hispanic/Latino

And we assume Hillary gets 98% of the Black vote (like Obama in 2012 and 2008) and, let's say 75% of the Latino vote (in 08 Obama got 63).

What percentage of the white vote would she need, theoretically, to win? (It was 26/73 in 2008 fyi) There were about 7.8 million votes cast in 2012.

I know it's not probable, but I'm just wondering what % she would need among whites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom