• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebloo

Trump campaign already has a statement out. They know he fucked up.

CpcVW6mVYAAGtzX.jpg

"Actually, it's about the power of unification in politics."

Am I doing this right?

Sibylus

Banned
Gary Kasparov weighs in on the consequences of an atmosphere where this is normal:

@Kasparov63
Putin's followers often "joke" about opposition leaders being killed. Posters with crosshairs, etc. Then they are murdered and it's no joke.
@Kasparov63
Trump joking about someone shooting Hillary is sick & dangerous. It's how unbalanced people are inspired to murder. It trivializes violence.
@Kasparov63
When a Putin regime critic or opposition member is murdered, Westerners say "Putin wouldn't do that! It makes him look bad!" As if he cares.
@Kasparov63
It's not about giving the order to murder. Creating the culture of violence, hatred, & impunity is enough. Killing without consequences.
@Kasparov63
That is why you cannot take these things lightly at all. The normalization of violent rhetoric inevitably leads to violence.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So I'm guessing, with these polls showing he's completely lost the Rust Belt + his awful comments, he's completely done?

As far as I'm concerned at this point its not even about his loss anymore. How many other GOP house and senate members can we chain to his neck to go down in November with him?

Republicans denouncing Trump's statements but then continuing their support may be near impossible this time but when you have Ryan saying things like "textbook example of racist" in one breath and continuing to support the man in the next, it doesn't seem like there is a line.

I'd think they'd rather spin it this time, though. Pretend what he said wasn't completely obvious and join his campaign PR spin.

McGinty is a better candidate at bridging the "suburban-Dem base" bloc that is driving Hillary's margins in PA than Strickland has been.

Strickland, what are you doing?? Thank God for Bayh stepping up.

Strickland is running a terrible, terrible campaign. Just terrible. He is going to lose bigly. I'm considering stopping my donation and moving it to McGinty.

And, without PA there is no path for Trump. At best, he can tie. If Hillary has PA and VA, she needs one mroe state: NV, IA, NH, OH, NC, GA or FL.

Strickland is running a terrible, terrible campaign. Just terrible. He is going to lose bigly. I'm considering stopping my donation and moving it to McGinty.

And, without PA there is no path for Trump. At best, he can tie. If Hillary has PA and VA, she needs one mroe state: NV, IA, NH, OH, NC, GA or FL.

And that's more or less impossible, since at least one of those states will go for her, most likely NH and/or IA.

Portman is also just a better candidate than Toomey by a large margin.

I never thought it was likely he would lose.

Portman is running a damn good campaign. He's on message. He's managed to co-opt Trump's anti-China anti-Trade stance within tying himself to him. It's a really, really really well run campaign.

Teggy

Susan Collins dumps Trump a day ago and then decides she needs to spin this one?

daveweigelVerified account
‏@daveweigel
Susan Collins on Trump: "He was suggesting that 2nd Amendment advocates around the country might come together to pressure the Senate."

watershed

Banned
Politico has a story about Carly Fiorina possibly being the next RNC chairmman. That's about as politically savvy as them picking Michael Steele as soon as Obama got elected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom