• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CpdthhxVYAAabO3.jpg

Retro

David Fahrenthold ‏@Fahrenthold 7m7 minutes ago
Got something fun coming on @realDonaldTrump in the morning.

What does this mean?!

What else is even left?

- Recording of Trump using the N word, or calling Hillary a bitch / cunt.
- Footage of Trump engaged in a bizarre sex act. Just having an affair won't do it, I mean something really fucked up with kids or animals.
- Evidence of something blatantly illegal, not just highly suspect (probably drug related).

I mean, we keep saying there's no limit to how deep he can go, but at some point we're going to hit a point where he's clearly caught breaking laws and is facing immediate arrest and there's not much further he can go at that point.

"Maybe I'll pardon someone who " does something" if I win, I dunno!"

I wouldn't be shocked if he went out and promised money to anyone who "can put a stop to Hillary", and later backpedal that he meant damning evidence of crimes or scandal. As much as he loves to brag about how much he's worth, he absolutely seems the type to offer a 'bounty' on Hillary.

User1608

Banned
David Fahrenthold ‏@Fahrenthold 7m7 minutes ago
Got something fun coming on @realDonaldTrump in the morning.

What does this mean?!
Sounds juicy!
He's always been wreckless. His very first speech this cycle, he called immigrants and mexicans the worst stuff imaginable, yeah. He's just upping up the ante as it goes on, shockingly enough. Still a decent cover though, and he really should get the hell out of here.

Iolo

What else is even left?

- Recording of Trump using the N word, or calling Hillary a bitch / cunt.
- Footage of Trump engaged in a bizarre sex act. Just having an affair won't do it, I mean something really fucked up with kids or animals.
- Evidence of something blatantly illegal, not just highly suspect (probably drug related).

I mean, we keep saying there's no limit to how deep he can go, but at some point we're going to hit a point where he's clearly caught breaking laws and is facing immediate arrest and there's not much further he can go at that point.

Fahrenthold has been chasing the Trump charity story for months (his claims to have donated without anything to back it up). It's probably along those lines.

Retro

Fahrenthold has been chasing the Trump charity story for months (his claims to have donated without anything to back it up). It's probably along those lines.

Doesn't seem like the kind of story that will stick. He'll hand wave it away by saying he donated anonymously or some such, because he doesn't like attention, and people will believe him. So humble.

Oh, btw, I got kicked out of the fort. :(

I'm not sure how important it is for these stories to stick. Each one is reinforcing a narrative/trait that already exists. They (typically) hit at the heart of the qualified/temperment question, which he's failing in at every single turn. I think it's clear, though, the GOP as a whole will not disavow Trump no matter what he does.

Bernie SandersVerified account
‏@SenSanders

Anybody claiming there is widespread voter fraud, trying to suppress the vote, trying to keep people from voting, is a political coward.

Um. Did Reddit see this?

Geg

‏@SenSanders

Anybody claiming there is widespread voter fraud, trying to suppress the vote, trying to keep people from voting, is a political coward.

Um. Did Reddit see this?

One of the first responses is something like "Don't worry guys he's talking about voting fraud not election fraud"

shem935

Banned
‏@SenSanders

Um. Did Reddit see this?

Just quoting for reddit....and here we go:

‏@SenSanders

...there is widespread voter fraud, trying to suppress the vote, trying to keep people from voting, [Hillary Clinton] is a political coward.

‏@SenSanders

Um. Did Reddit see this?

He really has thrown the remnant of Bernie or Busters under a bus, lol

Paskil

I made a thing...

Lbs5AOQ.gif

I like this. Today was something else.

For some reason, it didn't click until I was driving our election tote to the city clerk's office at 9:15PM that I would be working a polling place in Wisconsin during the November general election from 6AM-10:30PM (time I just got home after going to clerk office and stopping for food). That means I'm going to miss everything election related. HOLD ME POLIGAF, I'M DIEING INSIDE

sphagnum

Banned
How does he constantly do this to himself. The news stories about Khan and the GOP war were finally starting to die down a bit, nobody even cares about McMullin, and then he goes and sticks his foot in his mouth again,

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
How does he constantly do this to himself. The news stories about Khan and the GOP war were finally starting to die down a bit, nobody even cares about McMullin, and then he goes and sticks his foot in his mouth again,

He had two weeks of Olympics just to do rallies with prepared remarks. Play it safe, let it blow over, and reboot after the Olympics.

Piecake

Is that the former secret service agent who wrote that Clinton expose that the Secret Service later said was complete bullshit? So bullshit that the dude had absolutely no way to know any of that because he wasn't on the right security detail?

If so, pretty humorous that he is trying to use his secret service experience as authority and is getting upset at being called a spin artist and a liar.

royalan

After Putin tried to meddle in the election only for Trump to go supernova dumpster fire, the first international event next year I want Putin to walk into a conference room only for Hillary to be in there like,

P1QWJhW.gif

Lewis winning is nice.

I mean horrible for our discourse but by all accounts it sounds like the national GOP was going to write off MN-2 if he won.

Erik Paulsen in MN-3 also has a really strong challenger this time (state sen. Terri Bonoff) so that's a possibility, although Paulsen is pretty entrenched. Still, if there was ever a year to dislodge Paulsen (and GOPers like him in moderate suburban districts) this would be it. I believe the only poll in this race was a weak internal from Paulsen that tried to show that he was doing better than Trump which obviously isn't a big accomplishment.

Also both of the candidates I voted for in the primary today were the top vote getters in their races. They were both nonpartisan races though, so they'll both be facing the second place candidates.

Piecake

She's awesome. I gave her $50. She sent me a handwritten note thanking me.

I'm not in her district though so I'll have to hope we take down Paulsen.

I can live with Paulsen getting re-elected. At least he seems like a normal republican in the Boehner mold.

Lewis? Fuck that. That would be an even bigger embarrassment that Bachmann. Dude is a fucking pro-slavery white nationalist!

Paul Ryan and Marco Rubio's message for the next three months: "Donald Trump is a Nazi who may cause the end of the human race, but I say he should be president so we can maintain loose gun laws and lower the estate and capital gains taxes."

Fucking Jon Haidt compared black people saying "please don't honor John C. Calhoun, he literally is known for nothing other than promoting slavery" to Stalin destroying historical evidence. Dumbass, one group wants to remember but not honor history, the other wants to destroy history. This dumbfuck should be working at a 7/11.

User1608

Banned
I must say, after this election, I've lost even more respect for people who only care about taxes. They can shove their greedy asses in hell.

So that shitheel Jason Lewis is running against this Democrat: https://ballotpedia.org/Angie_Craig

I'm thinking about donating to her campaign. Lewis is such shit

That has to be the most polarizing race I've ever seen. A white supremacist loving Republican who thinks outlawing slavery is a Government overreach, against a Democrat who is both a successful businesswomen and a Lesbian with a family of 4. That is going to be an interesting one to keep an eye on, and I hope she wins.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I can live with Paulsen getting re-elected. At least he seems like a normal republican in the Boehner mold.

Lewis? Fuck that. That would be an even bigger embarrassment that Bachmann. Dude is a fucking pro-slavery white nationalist!
Hey I'll not be party to such blatant slander! He's clearly NEUTRAL on the issue of slavery!

Lock her up.
Kill her.
Hang her.
Trump that bitch. (This isn't generally considered but I think it's implicitly violent)

It's not actually new.

Donald is just going all in on:
"I am your voice."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom