• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh crap I just realized Hillary's strategy on appealing to conservative endorsements is making her acceptable to work with in a republican congress.

Think it'll work?

Nope because Republicans are okay with calls to imprison her or murder her. Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell had no negative reaction for Trump calling for one of his Nazis to kill her.

Maybe.

But the rate things are going, she might not have to worry about working with a Republican Congress (at least for her first two years).

Just hope she gets a big enough Senate majority that as long as pretty much Collins and Murkowski are on board she can get stuff done.
Obama wasted 2 months of his supermajority trying to date Collins for Obamacare before he gave up. They are all cut from the same cloth. Maybe they hated the black muslim kenyan and things will be different with Hillary but if she tries to schmooze with the rinos, it has a very little chance of success. Especially if the party becomes a minority.

Not so fast on Iowa. Clinton is actually underperforming Obama a bit there, because of its low amount of college educated whites compared to other red-leaning states like North Carolina or even Georgia.

A recent Marist poll had Trump and Clinton tied. What the Wisconsin polls show is that Minnesota is definitely not up for grabs, and neither is Colorado.

I think yesterday's overview by NateS explains the situation really well. The polling from PA and WI shows that they are safe Democratic states even assuming Trump makes a comeback. That puts Clinton at 269 in the electoral college. She needs to win one more state or even Nebraska 2 to get through the finish line.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-show-pennsylvania-back-in-clintons-firewall/

Some DCCC internal polling of suburban swing districts

CA-10: Clinton+6 (Obama+3)
CA-25: Clinton+25 (Romney+2)
CO-6: Clinton+14 (Obama+3)
FL-7: Clinton+14 (tied)
FL-26: Clinton+24 (Obama+11)
IL-10: Clinton+31 (Obama+16)
MN-3: Clinton+24 (Obama+1)

Have fun outrunning that sinking ship you rats.

Say you have Dems those 7 districts and the 7 GOP-held Sabato has ranked as Lean D or better. Sabato still has 12 GOP-held tossups compared to only 3 for the Democrats which puts them just 5 seats shy of a majority of they swept them (FL-2, a Dem-held seat is lost). I mean this is going to really require Democrats to run the tables but Clinton is putting up wave numbers right now, and with waves come fluke seats and seats no one is even looking at right now.

Still not going to expect winning the House but I think Dems have a decent shot.

That FL-7 number, holy fuck. I want to know what her numbers are in 9 and 10.

So a couple of my right leaning friends are sharing a smear piece from the Daily Mail.

Apparently, Clinton defended a rapist even though she believed he was guilty!
When she was a defense attorney.

I mean... guys. Really? So Clinton did her fucking job well, despite apparently not wanting to represent the guy.

So a couple of my right leaning friends are sharing this smear piece from the Daily Mail.

http://www.*****************/news/a...-evidence-callously-laughing-knew-guilty.html

Apparently, Clinton defended a rapist even though she believed he was guilt!

I mean... guys. Really? So Clinton did her fucking job well, despite apparently not wanting to represent the guy.

This is the oldest old thing that was ever old. Gets trotted out whenever things get dire for the other side.

Joeytj

Banned
So a couple of my right leaning friends are sharing a smear piece from the Daily Mail.

Apparently, Clinton defended a rapist even though she believed he was guilty!

It's a bunch of nothing, very old nothing. She did the job she was assigned as a young attorney, even though she personally hated the guy. But that's how justice works.

TheFatOne

Trump basically put out a death threat against Hillary yesterday. Today that's all people should be talking about but they're also bringing up more emails nonsense when they talk about her.

You're killing me Hillary..

Horse race. Even in a week when the polls come out again, and are no longer noisy due to the conventions they will still push the horse race.

It's a bunch of nothing, very old nothing. She did the job she was assigned as a young attorney, even though she personally hated the guy. But that's how justice works.

I know. They were trying to say this proves that Clinton supporters are just as morally bankrupt as Trump supporters. That's mind blowing to me.

You know Tim Kaine won't do stuff like this, gonna miss Joe. He's straight up talking shit during the State of the Union.

19dzw4i2w3nhegif.gif

He probably just noticed that Worm made it into the gallery with the fake ID he gave him.

It's very easy to get Clinton to 269 with states she has shown to have double-digit leads in.

Blue states + WI + MI + PA + VA + CO = 269

That leaves: NH, OH, IA, NV, AZ, NC, GA, FL, or NE-02 as the single electoral vote she needs to get 270. Ultimately, I think she'll win all or most of those, but what do we think the state that would take her over the edge would be?

I would think New Hampshire. Lots of highly educated whites, high income, trending blue. Maybe it's Trump friendly (low religiosity, high white pop), but it feels like the easiest state for her to win in of the remaining 9.

Oh crap I just realized Hillary's strategy on appealing to conservative endorsements is making her acceptable to work with in a republican congress.

Think it'll work?

She's not necessarily changing her views, but reaching out to other conservatives in ways she can. What this can do is gain influence over the GOP party because now some of their officials and voters are open to Hillary. Going against her like they did Obama might not go so well politically this time. The GOP might want to at least look more sane after the election because of what Donald Trump did building better relations can make it easier for Republicans work for Hilary Clinton.

I say she is keeping her options open, she mostly won't have complete control in Congress. Building some bridges early on when the party is basically is disarray and partially against their own candidate isn't too bad. I see wants to have compromise( if she has too) in a position of strength.

Or she could be a secret Republican all the long.

Piecake

I know. They were trying to say this proves that Clinton supporters are just as morally bankrupt as Trump supporters. That's mind blowing to me.

They are grasping at straws to make themselves feel better about either supporting a racist hatemongering demagogue or supporting a cowardly and morally bankrupt party that refuses to ditch him for political reasons.

There have only been 3 NH polls since the end of June. TIE, Trump +9, and Clinton +15. The Trump +9 was from a conservative outfit. So, I don't know. We just haven't gotten that much polling from Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada.

ampere

This is actually one of my favorite things about that.

People are concerned that Hillary might reward her donors with policies they want.

Trump hired all of his donors to tell him what policies to enact!

YOU LITERALLY CAN'T GET MORE CORRUPT THAN THAT

"but he's rich so he can't be bought"

:lol

I don't necessarily think wanting existing immigration law enforced makes you a white nationalist (an increasingly nebulous and ill-defined term), but considering Trump's opening volley was how they're all just violent criminals, his particular rationale is clear.

Depends. If enforcing exiting immigration laws means doing so after a path to citizenship is given to those here, sure you're not a white nationalist. If you want to deport the current 11 million undocumented people regardless of the societal and economical impacts (which are substantial) because the law, then I don't see how you aren't. Otherwise, it's like pissing in the wind just because. I'm left to believe that person is either a complete moron or, they don't like 11 million brown people making their way here and then being admitted. Most people's lives have never been impacted negatively by an illegal immigrant.

ampere

Think it'll work?

With the current Congress? Who knows.

But Hillary is one of the best pragmatic negotiators and has been praised by republicans in the past, so if anyone can do it it's probably her.

We realistically need to take back Congress anyway

If it wasn't e-mails it would be something else. The media has to devote equal criticism to both candidates as part of their inherent structure. If this was Sanders it would be about his tax returns or something he said somewhere in the past or his ties to "radical leftists" blah blah. Obama has proven to be one of the most scandal free politicians and even then they were pulling up radical pastors and Tony Resko and Bill Ayers in 2008.

Current Centrist pundit derp:

Pundit: Geez, I feel bad for Mike Pence.
Pence: Saddam was behind the Anthrax attacks.
Pundit: I just can't imagine how he's dealing with Trump's ridiculous statements.
Pence: The Iranians killed our spy because of Hillary's emails.
Pundit: Such a strong, principled conservative taken along for this disturbing ride.
Pence: Torturing gay kids makes them not gay and is good.
Pundit: ... Well, I mean, Pence does have interesting views on some-
Pence: Women who don't give funerals to their miscarried fetuses should be sent to prison.
Pundit: .........

Paskil

As a Wisconsinite, I want to make sweet, sweet love to the LV portions of that Marquette poll. Potential for extra sexy because Marquette is a Catholic school and that's one of my many jams.

Brinbe

WI was never in doubt. That CO and polled better for her than the usual swing states, even when Trump was at his peak. Either NV or NH puts her over the top of 270. I think that recent +15 in NH means it's safe D now. But as said earlier, even if that's a no-go, she has plenty of alternatives. Trump's fucked. It's gonna take a real game-changing event or she's gonna have to really fuck up at the debates for Trump to overcome his current deficits. And even that may not be enough if the HRC ground game is good enough.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Everything seems normal to me.

Dude, I just totally banged this hot girl. Like, totally. Knocked back a well mixed drink, had a scotch on the rocks, and totally had a chill time with her.

At the very least this explains why I have a hang over despite not drinking last night, my body is trying to tell me this isn't right!

Also -- Hillary has a pretty durable lead in Ohio. Not like she needs that big of a win, but that would easily put her over 270. So while it's not a Wisconsin blow out that maybe would calm our fears 89 days out, it'd be a solid win that would put her over the edge.

Everything seems normal to me.

Dude, I just totally banged this hot girl. Like, totally. Knocked back a well mixed drink, had a scotch on the rocks, and totally had a chill time with her.
Have you been working hard at sounding hetero? I was totally convinced dawg, you have it down.

tuffy

MN-2 is almost certainly being moved to Lean D or even Likely D. Lewis is a disaster for the state GOP.
It might be worth adding that his opponent Angie Craig has already amassed nearly $2m - more than triple of what the entire Republican field running against her had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom