• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elizabeth Landers @ElizLanders
Just in from @jimsciutto: Secret Service official confirms to @CNN that agency has spoken to Trump campaign regarding 2nd Amendment comments

MORE: The campaign told US Secret Service that Trump did not intend to incite violence.

Jim Sciutto ‏@jimsciutto 6m6 minutes ago
Breaking: US Secret Svce has spoken to #Trump campaign re: 2nd Amendment comments, "more than one conversation” -USSS official tells me

Show me the receipts.

Obama wasted 2 months of his supermajority trying to date Collins for Obamacare before he gave up. They are all cut from the same cloth. Maybe they hated the black muslim kenyan and things will be different with Hillary but if she tries to schmooze with the rinos, it has a very little chance of success. Especially if the party becomes a minority.
Snowe, but yes I agree to some extent. If they want to play rope-a-dope on like, Clinton's college compact initiative that's one thing.

But many of Obama's other proposals did have at least some token GOP support. Early on it was Specter, Collins and Snowe. Specter changed parties but then Brown got elected and supported Dodd-Frank among other things. Murkowski (probably on a high after winning as a write-in candidate) supported all of Obama's lame duck items (DADT repeal, New START, DREAM Act, the latter of which fell short).

I'm not saying Clinton shouldn't play hardball (and I think she'll be much better at that than Obama ever was), but if she's trying to pass stuff that's somewhat noncontroversial like immigration or transportation bills she'll probably be able to whip up some GOP support pretty easily to hit 60. Thats assuming though that they don't just nuke the filibuster with a simple majority, in which case lol none of this matters.

It might be worth adding that his opponent Angie Craig has already amassed nearly $2m - more than triple of what the entire Republican field running against her had.
Yup. Amazing Dem candidate, absolutely shitty GOP candidate in what is turning out to be a romp at the top of the ticket.

This and MN-3 should make for an interesting case study in how much incumbency and candidate quality matters, as Dems also have a strong candidate and fundraiser in Terri Bonoff. But Paulsen may be able to weather the storm (although if Clinton is really winning the district by 24 points, I kind of don't see how).

If we took back the House would Pelosi be Speaker again?
Would depend on if she wants it I guess.

Otherwise it would probably be Steny Hoyer.

Crayons

Banned
NopeTrump-Landingpage-080916.jpg

Dope bumper sticker, Hillary.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I'm guessin' y'all already saw that poll with Hillary beating Trump in KANSAS by 5 pts. already?

blackw0lf

This is what Hillary had to go through in 1994, just from giving a speech on Healthcare

http://www.newsweek.com/health-care-protest-deja-vu-welcome-1994-211482

By the time the caravan had reached Seattle the threat of violence was constant. All week, talk radio hosts, both in the Northwest and on national broadcasts, implored their listeners to confront the Reform Riders to “show Hillary” their feelings about her. This "call to arms," as she described it, attracted menacing hordes, many of whom identified themselves as militia members, tax resisters and anti-abortion militants. She estimated that at least half of the 4,500 people in the audience of her Seattle speech were protesters. She agreed for the first time to wear a bulletproof vest. Rarely had she felt endangered, but this was different. During her speech, the catcalls, screaming, and heckling drowned out much of her remarks. When she left the stage and got into a limousine, hundreds of protesters surrounded the car. They were rabid with hatred. Several arrests were made by the Secret Service, which impounded two guns and a knife.

So I tapped out of that discussion about Clinton defending the rapist when the person I was talking to said this "The harm she did to this girl for cash is no better than what the rapist did to her."

Yup. Why the fuck was I even engaging such people.

Mike Cernovich has taken over the conspiracy right by arguing that Hillary has mental health problems that will kill her based...... well nothing, but.

Mike Cernovich was one of the main GamerGaters and has thoughts about semen.

Cou9YATUIAAO-T-.jpg

#HillarysHealth and #HillaryKilledSethRich are the only things going on in the Trump sphere right now.

Mike Cernovich has taken over the conspiracy right by arguing that Hillary has mental health problems that will kill her based...... well nothing, but.

Cou9YATUIAAO-T-.jpg

#HillarysHealth and #HillaryKilledSethRich are the only things going on in the Trump sphere right now.

Ugh this asshole again.

After having gone to a Planned Parenthood for the first time earlier, I now can vehemently say fuck Republicans for constantly hindering the work that they do.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Retaking the House is something I honestly thought wouldn't happen for a decade. This is well beyond expectations.

I'm still really hesitant to get excited. 3 months is a LONG time.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Cou9YATUIAAO-T-.jpg

What the fuck?

Retaking the House is something I honestly thought wouldn't happen for a decade. This is well beyond expectations.

Seriously, we joked about how it could potentially happen but it was always with the knowledge that it never would. Now, well, here we are.

400 MILLION DOLLARS IN CASH!! DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THAT EVEN LOOKS LIKE??!

WHAT IS GOING ON??!

Amazing how Trump can fill up these speeches with complete bullshit. Same recycled, discredited garbage every single time. Spreading this ignorance and falsity, over and over again, should be fucking criminal.

RNC suffers spate of Trump-related departures

Politico said:
The sense of a letdown has been particularly sharp for millennial staffers who expected in 2016 to work to help elect a Republican president and then go to work in the White House afterwards. Some of those in their mid-20s are despairing of Trump’s chances against Hillary Clinton and some are doubtful of whether they’ll fit into a Trump administration even if he does prevail in November.

“It sucks to wake up every morning and go into the office and do things to help Donald Trump become president. They don’t like that. It’s bad for morale,” said another prominent GOP consultant. “All these senior people went on board and saluted and said ‘I’m with you Donald Trump.’ It’s been the most shocking thing of this cycle for me, even more shocking than the fact that he won.”

Asked about the mood in the RNC, Spicer depicted it differently: "Everyone is excited to win."

So close to the epiphany.

mo60

If this election ends up as a wave election like some of the other elections I watched in the last year or two the house is definitely in danger. Hilary crushing trump will help carry senate and house candidates no one thought would ever win.

If this election ends up as a wave election like some of the other elections I watched in the last year or two the house is definitely in danger. Hilary crushing trump will help carry senate and house candidates no one thought would ever win.

like strickland!

I just walked into a liquor store nearby the RNC's headquarters.

wFNaUFm.png

Grief.exe

$61 average is actually terrible, shows it skews towards large donors.

Sadated Trump.

PP are good people. Mostly just helping out folks who don't have anywhere else to turn

He's 70 years old and he does 1-2 rallies a day, no way he keeps pace like this until the election.

whats it say? cant access at work

Internal numbers showing the Democrats have a good chance to taking the House if Trump continues to implode.

whats it say? cant access at work

NY Post said:
The same is true in the House of Representatives: A wave could net Democrats the 32 seats they’d need to take control there.

Republican consultant Adrian Gray reports that in his modeling of the race, Hillary Clinton is ahead in 54 Republican-held House districts, while Trump is ahead only in 3 Democratic districts. If this persists, and is bolstered by a Clinton margin over Trump of greater than 8 points, it’s bye-bye House.

More "House is in play" talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom