• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

LOL

"Well...yeah. I go out, give a speech, crush you in the polls, go home, watch an episode of Madame Secretary, then go to bed. Rinse a repeat."

I'm struggling to figure out what Trump's brain was trying to communicate. Is he implying she has a health issue which requires her to rest a lot that would be dangerous in the sense that she could die? Or is he trying to argue that resting is itself an attribute of dangerous people? I can't think of a fake rationalization to explain the comment. Good luck surrogates

Kid Heart

Trump is breaking. This is the week he breaks. He's exhausted.

CpmWFfcXEAAGb2w.jpg

He is so envious of Clinton. He can't hide his jealousy anymore. Combine that with being forced to confront the reality that he is losing and he is about to go supernova.

Hold onto your butts folks.

Even ignoring how poorly his statement is worded, I'm laughing at how he's literally criticizing her for going to sleep. The desperation is real.

Michael is the least unlikeable imo I dunno what show you guys are watching. Obviously I mean in the context of having to pick an arrested development character you are most similar to though, I don't walk around introducing myself as "Hi I'm Brawndo, have you seen Arrested Development because I'm the Michael character?"

My friends jest in good fun, I just have a good relationship with my mom which they like to make fun of

Michael is like, the most unlikable :p

Lucille? Yeah, horrible person, but she was raised by privilege - she doesn't know any better. Same with Lindsay and Lucille. Gob and Tobias are stupid, Buster is naive, Maebe has bad parents, George Michael is actually a likable kid (though they did a good job in S4 of making him more obnoxious without taking away the likability factor).

Michael is smart, handsome, and all around tries to do good - all the while unable to recognize his major flaws and thinks of himself as a paragon. He's a bit of a nag and he very often views his family (save for George Michael and to a lesser extent Maebe) as huge nuisances.

Ultimately though, Michael being a jerk is what makes him likable, just like how it is with the rest of the characters.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Yeah, dates and locations are set (unless a location bails out, which did happen this year, costs millions of dollars to host the goddamn thing) but the details are negotiated by a team from both campaigns and the CPD.

Trump won't bail out of the debates, that seems certain at this point.
He can't. Hes down by like 8 pts.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Exactly, he just wants leverage.

Guilianni said they wanted to avoid the 2012 Crowley "controversy".

Gwen, Dickerson and Taper/Cooper. No way ABC gets a moderator in.

There's no way the RNC lets Cooper within 100 miles of a debate, not with Trump as the nominee.

Michael is like, the most unlikable :p

Lucille? Yeah, horrible person, but she was raised by privilege - she doesn't know any better. Same with Lindsay and Lucille. Gob and Tobias are stupid, Buster is naive, Maebe has bad parents, George Michael is actually a likable kid (though they did a good job in S4 of making him more obnoxious without taking away the likability factor).

Michael is smart, handsome, and all around tries to do good - all the while unable to recognize his major flaws and thinks of himself as a paragon. He's a bit of a nag and he very often views his family (save for George Michael and to a lesser extent Maebe) as huge nuisances.

Ultimately though, Michael being a jerk is what makes him likable, just like how it is with the rest of the characters.

I mean, a big part of it is that it's a comedy so there's a lot of unrealistic personality elements that are played for laughs and (intentionally) disarm the more negative aspects of everyone's behavior. In the real world however, we wouldn't say that privilege is an excuse for behavior anymore than stupidity is. Obviously things play by different rules in a television show though (and for good reason).

I'm not saying Michael is a great example of someone we should strive to be, I'm just saying that his character and his flaws are more similar to my own than any other character on the show.

I'm struggling to figure out what Trump's brain was trying to communicate. Is he implying she has a health issue which requires her to rest a lot that would be dangerous in the sense that she could die? Or is he trying to argue that resting is itself an attribute of dangerous people? I can't think of a fake rationalization to explain the comment. Good luck surrogates
Sounds like he's trying to imply she's feeble and weak.

But it's Trump so who the fuck knows.

I mean I can think of explanations where he's trying to insult her but nothing that fits the actual question/context of being "dangerous". Not that Trump cares about context or questions or things like that.

gaugebozo

He made some comment this morning when she was the only candidate who didn't interview with some show that she, "Must have slept in." I think he's really trying to push the sick angle. Don't know what you're going to get with Dying Hillary.

Ecotic

They're two incongruent thoughts jumbled together without forethought.

"Hillary has no energy, no passion, no stamina. Unlike me."

"She's dangerous, which is something I repeat often and out of context because this is how low-information voters process ideas."

East Lake

I think Trump is trying to get across that Hillary is just a political hack who shows up and phones it in but has no real passion for the work. I think.
Yeah. Before he has tried to characterize her as lazy for showing up at an event and then disappearing and not bombing the airwaves like he does. He probably was trying to do the same here then his brain had other narratives pop up simultaneously and he short circuited.

Owen Ellickson ‏@onlxn 1h1 hour ago
CHRISTIE: The RNC wants to meet w/ you tomorrow. They're calling it a "come to Jesus" meeting.
TRUMP: Meaning, I'm Jesus. Smart meeting name

Owen Ellickson ‏@onlxn 20m20 minutes ago
TRUMP: Another intervention! Fun.
CHRISTIE: They're serious this time.
TRUMP: Cute. Tell them I just told O'Reilly I'm ready to defund them

Owen Ellickson ‏@onlxn 14m14 minutes ago
RYAN: Heyyy. I think Chris talked to you-
TRUMP: Turn on Fox.
[quiet]
RYAN: You threatened to WHAT?!
TRUMP: You brought chess to a gun fight

Owen Ellickson ‏@onlxn 8m8 minutes ago
RYAN: You maniac!! You need us!!
TRUMP: Not if I don't care about winning.
RYAN: What DO you care about?!
TRUMP: Not even sure at this point

Owen Ellickson
‏@onlxn
RYAN: It's like you broke into my house threatening to kill YOURSELF!
[silence]
TRUMP: Question is, do you want some dead guy on your floor?

I love this twitter account.

Teggy

I can't deal with this election anymore. Trump is disgusting. He lies nonstop, he's promoting violence against the press, he says things that are incredibly misinformed just because he thinks it makes him sound strong. He's taken politics in this country back to the dark ages and I don't know if it's going to be the new normal or what.

I really need to disengage but feel like I also need to stay on top of it.

Sianos

Man, some people just REALLY want Clinton in jail or to be under investigation for EVERYTHING. *gazes at OT and sips tea*
He was Just Asking Question(s) - and then we answered them by pointing to his own sourced article.

It greatly amuses me that I've watched Clinton Cash yet he hasn't. Sad! (For both of us)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom