• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey im done with my two week ban.

WHAT'D I MISS?

Trump did this:

9TEaodA.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I watched 8 episodes last night. I like it a lot! I'm not sure it's GOAT, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it. :D

The quality taks a huge drop halfway through season 2 and stays there through season 3.

Owzers

I'm going back to the Mavs/Heat nba finals, there will be no relief until Hillary wins. These polls do nothing for me, i want to see Trump on the floor with his hand up asking the refs why they aren't helping more ( and i'm not sure which series Wade did that in, might have been Spurs, but i still want it.)

These young Trump cheerleaders/sycophants piss me off alot more than the older ones. There's something just so much more nasty and hateful about them, especially since they should know better.

https://twitter.com/DBloom451

Many of the younger Trump sycophants have no political experience and are lazy and uninformed enough to believe something as stupid as "more twitter followers+bigger rallies=lead." Really imo it boils down to race: they really think Trump is going to bring out an onslaught of white voters to re-take America from the welfare and border abusers.

This is the campaign Hannity, Fox, Limbaugh etc have begged republicans to run for decades btw. Aggression, conspiracies, ugly attacks, etc.

Slacker

The quality taks a huge drop halfway through season 2 and stays there through season 3.

Whoa whoa whoa, son/daughter. A huge drop? I'll grant the Martin Short episode was terrible, but Motherboy XXX? George Michael running for stuco? MEET THE VEALS?!?

Opinions are never wrong of course. Except this time. You're wrong. :)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Whoa whoa whoa, son/daughter. A huge drop? I'll grant the Martin Short episode was terrible, but Motherboy XXX? George Michael running for stuco? MEET THE VEALS?!?

Opinions are never wrong of course. Except this time. You're wrong. :)

You're right--I just checked the episode guide. I was off. Season 3 is when the quality takes a huge drop.

Farmboy

Looking at the NYT percentages of their current forecast...

Virginia
Colorado
Pennsylvania
New Hampshire

are more likely to go blue than

Georgia
Arizona
Alaska
Mississippi
Indiana
Montana
Texas
South Carolina
North Dakota
Missouri
Louisiana
Arkansas

are to go red.

We're going to run out of money to combat Zika by the end of August. Will Obama accept the $1.1 bil compromise from Republicans or will he continue to demand $1.9 bil?

Had to track down that Yale College Republicans endorsement. I wanted to see what someone supposedly intelligent would actually say in a Trump endorsement. Turns out they're endorsing him because he has an R after his name. Pathetic.

Full endorsement here, but that's literally the only reason they mention:

http://thetab.com/us/yale/2016/08/09/yale-college-republicans-decided-endorse-trump-2950

If there is a group of people I would rather associate with less than young Republicans at Yale....I can't think of what it would be. Maybe a pool of flesh eating bacteria....but it would be close

Edit: Something in my kitchen is on fire...but I'm not allowed in there to see. The 5 year old is scared, and wants to know why I can't cook.

How the fuck is a story from The Daily Caller of all places allowed to be on the front page of the Windows news app? This is almost as pathetic as seeing Breitbart under Google News sections. Unbelievable.

This is the same shithole that made an article about Khizr Khan being connected to Clinton's emails and writing about his love for Sharia law.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It makes me mirthlessly laugh when I think about how the GOP repeated the phrase "Sharia Law" enough to get high-school dropouts like my stepbrother using it constantly.

That Yale Republican club endorsement is easy to understand. Its an exclusive club of rich, white, spoiled kids that grew up in a rich, white, cocooned environment where the dirty, lazy poors kept trying to take a share from their daddy's pay. Trump is who they aspire to be. Trump is who they want.

Harvard shows that at least their traditions have meaning.

That Yale Republican club endorsement is easy to understand. Its an exclusive club of rich, white, spoiled kids that grew up in a rich, white, cocooned environment where the dirty, lazy poors kept trying to take a share from their daddy's pay. Trump is who they aspire to be. Trump is who they want.

Harvard shows that at least their traditions have meaning.
I have a feeling theirs more racial resentment economic anxiety in New Haven then Cambridge

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It makes me mirthlessly laugh when I think about how the GOP repeated the phrase "Sharia Law" enough to get high-school dropouts like my stepbrother using it constantly.

Same sort of people that were fooled by the dog whistles of tort reform, right to work language, death panels, other scares of "socialized medicine getting in the way of my medicare!", welfare queens, govment taking our guns, etc, etc,etc.

It's not that Democrats don't have their own scare tactics, but they've quite frankly never been as good with the message most of the time. Voodoo economics/Reganomics both worked.

* Hillary leading in 4 swing states by a considerable margin

* Trump continuing to swirl away in the toilet

* Manbij cleared of ISIS, sealing Turkey border

* Brendan Dassey conviction overturned

Can today get any better?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Same sort of people that were fooled by the dog whistles of tort reform, right to work language, death panels, other scares of "socialized medicine getting in the way of my medicare!", welfare queens, govment taking our guns, etc, etc,etc.

It's not that Democrats don't have their own scare tactics, but they've quite frankly never been as good with the message most of the time. Voodoo economics/Reganomics both worked.

They did?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If you give a Democrat North Carolina...
... then they're going to want Arizona.

If you give a Democrat Arizona...
... then they're going to want Georgia as well...

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEYAWWWWWW

They did?

Eeeh, Best examples I could find of terms that stuck. It helps that they are rooted in the fundamental truth that trickle down economics does not work, only kills the tax base, raises debt, makes the rich richer and denies necessary services from functioning properly all in the name of "small business", which is code for rich ass people.

Cleveland Browns could win tonight. But that would require an act of god.

Also, the FUCK do you burn Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.

Hazmat

Eeeh, Best examples I could find of terms that stuck. It helps that they are rooted in the fundamental truth that trickle down economics does not work, only kills the tax base, raises debt, makes the rich richer and denies necessary services from functioning properly all in the name of "small business", which is code for rich ass people.

I'm not sure I understand, are you arguing that trickle down economics worked because it was a fantastic blowjob for the rich and that's what was intended or are you implying that it worked because the money actually trickled down (insert your own oral sex metaphor) and helped everyone?

It would be fine if MSN wasn't blasting a story from a bullshit right wing rag on their front page. I am so god damn furious.

studyguy

No Pro-Trump rally is going to go well in West Hollywood.
Not even for a fucking second, I'm sure they're well aware of it too.

If they had their way, I'd wager the Trumpians would deface the rainbow crosswalks.

Screen-Shot-2012-06-08-at-11.29.39-AM-600x400.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom