• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Trump's people (Carl Paladino NY co-chair) can't leave Khan alone
CprzXgxWYAAi8Ew.jpg

https://www.buzzfeed.com/christophe...n-doesnt-deser?utm_term=.wqJnnVDMa#.oiaqq47k8

Hot take:

Trump knows he's going to lose, and he wants to take the GOP down with him, so he can blame them for his loss.

How can you be an un indicted felon?

jevity

This article is really interesting and eye-opening reading.

http://www.vox.com/2016/8/12/12454250/donald-trump-gallup-trade-immigration-study

Trump supporters are richer, not poorer, than average: For one thing, Rothwell found that both across the overall population and among whites, support for Trump is correlated with higher income, not lower. That’s not surprising; low-income people have always preferred Democrats. But it definitely contradicts the image of Trump as spokesman for the economically struggling.

Trump doesn’t do well in areas affected by trade or immigration: This is perhaps the most surprising finding. Contact with immigrants seems to reduce one's likelihood of supporting Trump, as areas that are farther from Mexico and with smaller Hispanic populations saw more Trump support.

But the basic point is the straightforward story of Trump supporters as poor whites abandoned by the loss of manufacturing to China is not the case. The story is, at least, much more complicated.

"I find only limited support that the political views of US nationalists—as manifest in a favorable view towards Donald Trump—are related to economic self-interest," Rothwell concludes. "If so, the self-interest calculation must go beyond conventional economic measures to include one’s physical health and inter-generational concerns."

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm not sure I understand, are you arguing that trickle down economics worked because it was a fantastic blowjob for the rich and that's what was intended or are you implying that it worked because the money actually trickled down (insert your own oral sex metaphor) and helped everyone?

I'm saying it's one of the few Democratic buzz words that stuck over the years, nothing more nothing less. They suck at condensing the message down to a soundbite or phrase compared to Republicans.

Nafai1123

Banned
* Hillary leading in 4 swing states by a considerable margin

* Trump continuing to swirl away in the toilet

* Manbij cleared of ISIS, sealing Turkey border

* Brendan Dassey conviction overturned

Can today get any better?

Whoa, I had no idea that happened. That's awesome news.

johnsmith

remember me
Posted yet? Rupaul on Clinton

http://www.vulture.com/2016/08/rupaul-emmy-nomination-trump-clinton.html

What do you think about Hillary Clinton and the Democrats?
[Laughs.] I fucking love them. I have always loved them. And let me just say this: If you're a politician — not just in Washington but in business and industry, you have to be a politician — there are a lot of things that you have to do that you're not proud of. There are a lot of compromises you have to make because it means that you can get this other thing over here. And if you think that you can go to fucking Washington and be rainbows and butterflies the whole time, you're living in a fucking fantasy world. So now, having said that, think about what a female has to do with that: All of those compromises, all of that shit, double it by ten. And you get to understand who this woman is and how powerful, persuasive, brilliant, and resilient she is. Any female executive, anybody who has been put to the side — women, blacks, gays — for them to succeed in a white-male-dominated culture is an act of brilliance. Of resilience, of grit, of everything you can imagine. So, what do I think of Hillary? I think she's fucking awesome. Is she in bed with Wall Street? Goddammit, I should hope so! You've got to dance with the devil. So which of the horrible people do you want? That's more of the question. Do you want a pompous braggart who doesn't know anything about diplomacy? Or do you want a badass bitch who knows how to get shit done? That's really the question.

Sianos

Hot take:

Trump knows he's going to lose, and he wants to take the GOP down with him, so he can blame them for his loss.

How can you be an un indicted felon?

I think he's setting up for this. Blaming your opponent's for playing unfair with unspecified FRAUD still makes you a loser... But if your supposed allies stab you in the back, that makes you a tragic victim who would have totally won for realsies if not for the betrayalton.

Teggy

Yale New Republicans
‏@YNewRepublicans
@YAppelbaum @BenSasse Not all of us, we split into two groups because of the endorsement. We believe Trump is unfit.

I think he's setting up for this. Blaming your opponent's for playing unfair with unspecified FRAUD still makes you a loser... But if your supposed allies stab you in the back, that makes you a tragic victim who would have totally won for realsies if not for the betrayalton.

I also think he's pushing the crooked media so hard to have another scapegoat. I imagine that, prior to election day, Fox News is going to get thrown under the bus, so that on Jan 1 he can announce the Trump News Network and make bank on conservatives who are too smart for Fox News.

And by smart I mean dumb as fuck and bat shit insane.

Teggy

Hillary ClintonVerified account
‏@HillaryClinton
Many people are saying Trump won't release his tax returns because he's hiding something. What do you think it is?

He doesn't pay any taxes
He parks money overseas
He inflates his wealth
He's not very charitable

lololol (emphasis mine)

Zona

Could you hear her OK over the hacking coughs and death rattles? People on my facebook feed are pretty sure that she's going to drop dead the next time she tries to go up a stair.

I know your joking but she sounded, at absolute most, like she could use a cough drop and to rest her voice for a day. God knows I sound worse when I wake up from a night of drinking and realize I smoked a pack and a half.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sometimes I wonder if Hannity is so far right that he cannot see the irony, or if what Olbermann says is true and he is acting. Olbermann swears by the fact that Hannity told him it was all theater.

All of these guys are actors.

I did a deposition yesterday with an attorney who called my client a liar and an alcoholic on the record, and then 5 minutes later, turned the camera off and asked the client about his golf game and how his kids are doing. People will do or say almost literally anything for money.

Geg

So did we ever find out what happened at the meeting between the RNC and Trump's campaign? Or has it not happened yet?

Boke1879

I did a deposition yesterday with an attorney who called my client a liar and an alcoholic on the record, and then 5 minutes later, turned the camera off and asked the client about his golf game and how his kids are doing. People will do or say almost literally anything for money.

Yup. It's all about pushing an agenda and yes money.

jevity

More and more evidence that the only reason to support trump is to support white nationalism.

But going down that road, we have to demand a more thorough explanation of why and how so many people have turned that way, other than "when you have been accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression" and FOX and their friends.

Kusagari

Guys like Hannity are the most obvious characters because they literally just parrot every right wing talking point.

Ones like O'Reilly are more interesting to me because the times he breaks with the right wing orthodoxy for no real reason.

But going down that road we have to demand a more thorough explanation of why and how so many people have turned that way than "when you have been accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression" and FOX and their friends.
No, there's no explanation necessary. Either through culture or environment, somehow people have become resentful of minorities. So there's nothing you can do except say "no, you're a racist."

Sianos

I also think he's pushing the crooked media so hard to have another scapegoat. I imagine that, prior to election day, Fox News is going to get thrown under the bus, so that on Jan 1 he can announce the Trump News Network and make bank on conservatives who are too smart for Fox News.

And by smart I mean dumb as fuck and bat shit insane.
I can definitely see this happening as well.

ampere

To an extent

But play a villain long enough and it probably starts to become who you are

Kusagari

Outside of areas Trump was going to dominate regardless, nothing on that map is that bad. The area around Orlando being the only blue area besides Gainesville shows that Puerto Ricans in the area must be energized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom