• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

I have actual exams/quizzes I have to take for my job during the first 3 months of training. I haven't had to study for one of those since... 2009.

studyguy

Trump rally in WeHo is gonna be a fucking disaster, that rally is scheduled literally in between the rainbow crosswalks of Monica and San Vicente. Like they know what kind of signals they'll be putting out by rallying there and it's fucking gross.

Wilsongt

Trump rally in WeHo is gonna be a fucking disaster, that rally is scheduled literally in between the rainbow crosswalks of Monica and San Vicente. Like they know what kind of signals they'll be putting out by rallying there and it's fucking gross.

If WeHoans were organized enough they'd turn it into an impromptu pride festival. However, I'd be afraid someone would get hurt.

jevity

No, there's no explanation necessary. Either through culture or environment, somehow people have become resentful of minorities. So there's nothing you can do except say "no, you're a racist."

How will you heal your country then. If you blindly accept that status quo, you will remain a gravely divided country. In my country, we are trying to understand the underlying reasons of the creation of our growing anti-immigration bloc of voters. I refuse to believe that people living happy free lives, from their health to their finances, become deeply bigotted racists.

Not so pretty

Eh, it's not ideal. The deepest red counties, like Holmes and Gulf, have no one in them. The pan handle is basically Alabama, ideologically and demographically. The big take away is the increased D lean of Seminole, Orange and Osceola. That's the heart of the I-4 corridor, and the location of a lot of Puerto Rican voters. Obama won by 74,000 votes. He won Orange and Osceola, but he lost Seminole. If we hold those two counties, maintain margins in Miami-Date, Broward and Palm Beach, and maybe see what we can do about expanding in Pinellas....there aren't enough people in the deep red pockets to flip the state.

Also, whoever made that should kinda feel bad. There's no reason to include such narrow increases in registration....Like, there's a lot of light pink that's 0-2%

If we assume a 2% increase in the biggest county that's like a net increase of 500 voters in a county with 300,000 people.

Trump just called for the police and sheriffs to be involved in monitoring the election to make sure that he wins so that Hillary doesn't cheat.

It would be fine if MSN wasn't blasting a story from a bullshit right wing rag on their front page. I am so god damn furious.
You cartoon soldier too much about how the "coverage" is reflecting on the race. Yeah the media wants its horse race and they try to cover Clinton foundation stuff just to be bubu both sides. But this coverage is not going to sway anyone put off by Trump. No one is going to say Trump is a freaking fascist moron imbecile, but Clinton had some inappropriate going-ons in the foundation/State Department...HMMM MAYBE TRUMP ISN'T BAD AFTER ALL. People that think like that ARE latent Trump supporters anyway (they usually break during the election day).

Nothing is going to matter as long as Trump continues to spiral out of control and a meteor doesn't hit Hillary Clinton.

Tweety is making a good point.

Trump says something because he needs to rile up his base. But then he has a moment of clarity and is like FUCK, I need to get that 20% of people in the middle. So he tries to pivot by saying he's joking or sarcastic whatever. Then he's like, wait, that makes me look week, FUCK. Add more doubt to my original statement.

hawk2025

They've pretty much normalized talking about cheating and stealing the elections.

Disgusting fucking people. Just disgusting.

They would rather actively undermine the institutions of the country than simply lose and admit to it.

Tweety is making a good point.

Trump says something because he needs to rile up his base. But then he has a moment of clarity and is like FUCK, I need to get that 20% of people in the middle. So he tries to pivot by saying he's joking or sarcastic whatever. Then he's like, wait, that makes me look week, FUCK. Add more doubt to my original statement.

But he says it like it is!

TheFatOne

Trump just called for the police and sheriffs to be involved in monitoring the election to make sure that he wins so that Hillary doesn't cheat.

And this is what happens when the media takes clowns like this seriously. Man is a real threat to the republic. Shit is not a joke.

Kusagari

Carson: Let's stop focusing on what Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump said and focus on the issues. Everyone knows this is common political hyperbole.

But he says it like it is!

Except when there's a little bit of treason, then it was sarcasm.

And this is what happens when the media takes clowns like this seriously. Man is a real threat to the republic. Shit is not a joke.

Exactly. He's losing. He's going to lose...but he's going to take the whole thing down with him.

It was also a subtle racist thing. He said it wouldn't happen where they were (ie. White parts) but it would happen in other parts of the state. He meant Philly.

@ddale8
Donald Trump, real quote: "We're going to go quickly, because I want to get the hell out of here. I want to go home."

@ddale8
Donald Trump on his new Washington DC hotel: "I'm going to get to Pennsylvania Avenue on way or the other, I don't care."

@ddale8
I will never, ever pretend to understand what Trump is thinking, but he seems like a candidate entering the grief process already.

Former Trump adviser saying "Well, maybe Jill Stein will cost Hillary those marginal red states like Georgia and Arizona..." When your best hope is that Jill Stein will save you from losing fucking Georgia....girl bye.

CpshODTWcAA99Pw.jpg

LOCK

Gay Trump rally in West Hollywood....

Talking about the secret Trump supporters and how polls are all wrong.

:/

Okay, GAF. How do we wage psychological warfare on conservative voters so that they don't come out to vote? Asking for a friend.

Gay Trump rally in West Hollywood....

Talking about the secret Trump supporters and how polls are all wrong.

:/

Secret Life of the American Trump Supporter, only on
ABC Family

TheFatOne

Except when there's a little bit of treason, then it was sarcasm.

Exactly. He's losing. He's going to lose...but he's going to take the whole thing down with him.

It was also a subtle racist thing. He said it wouldn't happen where they were (ie. White parts) but it would happen in other parts of the state. He meant Philly.

Shit is gross. Hope these recent polls hold out and grow even more come labor day. Would finally force these spineless fucks to disavow Trump and his campaign. Even that isn't a certainty though.

Former Trump adviser saying "Well, maybe Jill Stein will cost Hillary those marginal red states like Georgia and Arizona..." When your best hope is that Jill Stein will save you from losing fucking Georgia....girl bye.
...and take two seats.

Schadenfreude doesn't even begin to describe how much I look forward to every day due to the likelyhood of there being more Trump fuckery to pick over. I never imagined his campaign would spiral out of control quite this fast, and I don't see how he can reverse the gravity of negativity he's fallen under.

We're not even out of August yet!

CpshODTWcAA99Pw.jpg

... did ... did he actually say that, Adam ... because it sounds like something a toddler would say.

jevity

That's like saying :

Trump surrogate : Well, we are very confident about flipping New York, because we strongly believe we have the ability to reach the young college eduated voters in the great state of New York. What people don't know is that Donald and the popular rap-singer from New York Desiigner have actually become best friends, after sharing the same speech coach. So with the coming endorsement of Mr. Desiigner, we are extremely confident we will be able to win bigly with the hip and " with it" millenials.

... did ... did he actually say that, Adam ... because it sounds like something a toddler would say.

He did. But he has the tippy top of tippy top language. TIPPY. TOP.

I just used the word tippy top to my boyfriend, and the seven year old just asked me if I was five. Hahaha. (And the five year old is pissed....)

Well, I'm about to go on vacation and won't post for probably 10-16 days. Don't think I died, or anything.

Just going to middle of nowhere Canada and then Seattle for a bit. I expect Trump be down even more when I return!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Well, I'm about to go on vacation and won't post for probably 10-16 days. Don't think I died, or anything.

Just going to middle of nowhere Canada and then Seattle for a bit. I expect Trump be down even more when I return!
There was just a maple syrup hiest in canada... >_>

Diablos

If he's not I'm blaming you!

Have fun in Canada and Seattle. That's a pretty legit vacation right there.

Trump doesn't need a ground game with those numbers.

Yes he does. Because he's losing at the moment. Also, a lot of people don't live in those places.

Eh, it's not ideal. The deepest red counties, like Holmes and Gulf, have no one in them. The pan handle is basically Alabama, ideologically and demographically. The big take away is the increased D lean of Seminole, Orange and Osceola. That's the heart of the I-4 corridor, and the location of a lot of Puerto Rican voters. Obama won by 74,000 votes. He won Orange and Osceola, but he lost Seminole. If we hold those two counties, maintain margins in Miami-Date, Broward and Palm Beach, and maybe see what we can do about expanding in Pinellas....there aren't enough people in the deep red pockets to flip the state.

Also, whoever made that should kinda feel bad. There's no reason to include such narrow increases in registration....Like, there's a lot of light pink that's 0-2%

If we assume a 2% increase in the biggest county that's like a net increase of 500 voters in a county with 300,000 people.
This, basically.

pigeon

Banned
But going down that road, we have to demand a more thorough explanation of why and how so many people have turned that way, other than "when you have been accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression" and FOX and their friends.

I'm not sure why everybody is so baffled that lots of Americans are super racist.

Did you notice most of American history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom