• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayons

Banned
Cps-HmFVIAEaKG7.jpg

i'd still vote for her if she did that

Joeytj

Banned
She doesn't need to. If someone brings it up just call him a sore loser and keep campaigning.

Hillary already has the perfect answer, from way back in 2000 during her Senate campaign:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13VI7L1x6eU

[Talking about Rick Lazio and campaigning in New York City]

Hillary: She [Eleanor Roosevelt] wrote an essay back in the 1920s, and said for a woman to be in politics, she has to grow a skin as thick as a rhinoceros.

Hillary: Yeah, you know, I get yelled at to "go home!" in 62 different languages [laughs] but it's all part of the hazing experience.

Jay Leno: I have to admit, I give you wonderful credit for that. Because, whatever happens, you've seen focus [on the campaign]. People don't like a whiner.

Hillary: Yeah, who does?

Jay Leno: That's what I like about you.

Hillary: Life's not fair to anybody. You have to do the best you can with the hand you're dealt.

The entire Jay Leno interview is fascinating. I wasn't a very big Hillary supporter until now, and it amazes me while researching more just how consistent she's been in her messaging, and focus on certain policies (child, woman and family care).

She even talks about her time in Alaska sliming fish (she cleaned the insides of salmon after taking out the caviar).

Tarkus

Can somebody tell me a movie that's funnier than Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinkin Your Juice in the Hood?

Is this what poligaf is like if you understand the AD references?

Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn 1h1 hour ago Washington, DC
If Clinton is up in Pennsylvania by 10 points, as polls suggest, she wouldn't even need the city of Philadelphia to win.

Best Nate is best Nate.

royalan

Am I missing something about Sorken? Seems like a new West Wing would do great.

Feel like most of his stuff is great.

He tried a new West Wing.

It was called The Newsroom.

And it was awful, pretentious, preachy crap. So basically Sorkin with nobody to reel him in.

watershed

Banned
Sorkin is great but his style becomes overbearing and grating the more you watch his stuff. I can only watch the same speech, the same jokes, and the same characters repackaged in mock-espn form, the west wing, mock-snl, and mock-msnbc.

These are bad.

The are nothing like the people they claim to parody.

I strongly disagree. The writer has been doing these for months, they are developed characters at this point. It's like criticizing Chevy Chase's Ford by arguing that Ford never fell into a Christmas tree.

Everything isn't for everybody, but I think his work is easily the best comic work of this cycle. The speed that he puts these out and their quality is fucking unreal.

Now that the kids are in bed, I've been able to poor me a drink. Or six. Whatever. Same difference. Hillary rigged the counting so...maybe I had one or seven....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom