• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Using my first post here today. Adam is wonderful.

smiling-jinx.gif

I'm pretty sure that Trump page is just to collect potential voter information. If not, it's scummy as fuck

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I love Archer. :)

Why would you willingly drink a Bloody Mary when a Mamosa is socially acceptable in the morning? Also socially acceptable is putting vodka in your coffee....or your apple juice. Just drink vodka in the morning. Whatever. Tomatoes are gross.

I'm late on this but, you have a Bloody Mary because it goes better with Eggs Woodhouse than a Mamosa! Also a Mamosa isn't a breakfast drink, you drink it for brunch.

You'd think that as the oil argument evaporates as a "necessary evil" for continuing to do arms deals with SA, America would come down hard on them. Saudi Arabias human rights violation are comparative to ISIS in many ways. Their extremism, sponsorship and arming of extremist rebels is what will get innocents killed.
This is America at their most vile, and where they deserve all the fucking scorn there is to give.

By Idrees Ali | WASHINGTON

The U.S. State Department has approved the potential sale of more than 130 Abrams battle tanks, 20 armored recovery vehicles and other equipment, worth about $1.15 billion, to Saudi Arabia, the Pentagon said on Tuesday.

The approval for land force equipment coincides with Saudi Arabia leading a military coalition in support of Yemeni forces loyal to the exiled government of President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi who are trying to oust Iran-allied Houthi forces from the capital, Sanaa. Human rights groups have criticized the coalition's air strikes because of the deaths of civilians.

The U.S. Defense Security Cooperation Agency, which implements foreign arms sales, said that General Dynamics will be the principal contractor for the sale.

"This sale will increase the Royal Saudi Land Force’s (RSLF) interoperability with U.S. forces and conveys U.S. commitment to Saudi Arabia's security and armed forces modernization," the agency said in a notice to lawmakers posted on its website.

Lawmakers have 30 days to block the sale, although such action is rare.

Saudi Arabia and its mostly Gulf Arab allies intervened in Yemen's civil war in March 2015 after the Houthi movement had pushed the Hadi administration into exile in Saudi Arabia.

On Tuesday, the Saudi-led military coalition conducted air strikes on Sanaa for the first time in five months, residents said, after U.N.-backed peace talks to end the conflict broke down at the weekend.

Medics said nine civilians were killed in a strike on a potato chip factory in the Nahda district of the capital.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-saudi-defense-idUSKCN10K1JR

royalan

Poll watchers are normal. But suggesting that the election will be stolen by your opponent three months out is beyond pale.

But encouraging your supporters to feverishly stand guard at poling places because you believe that the ONLY way you will lose a state (I'm 100% serious about this, folks) is if there's cheating involved is not normal. It's fucking scary.

Bowdz

But encouraging your supporters to feverishly stand guard at poling places because you believe that the ONLY way you will lose a state (I'm 100% serious about this, folks) is if there's cheating involved is not normal. It's fucking scary.

Indeed.

ampere

Poll watchers are normal. But suggesting that the election will be stolen by your opponent three months out is beyond pale.

Like Obama said, if you're polling 10 points up the week of the election and you lose, you can throw a fit. But otherwise? Shut up

Yeah, he's encouraging vigilante justice from a demographic that is clearly bigoted. It's a recipe for disaster, even if he only motivates one psychopath to do something terrible, that's blood on Trump's hands.

Yeah, he's encouraging vigilante justice from a demographic that is clearly bigoted. It's a recipe for disaster, even if he only motivates one psychopath to do something terrible, that's blood on Trump's hands.

At least in talking to my mom, who I've mentioned before is the most conservative person I know, there seems to be this misunderstanding that just because you, personally, can handle a certain responsibility, that doesn't mean it's smart for an entire population to be afforded those things. I made that point specifically in response to her arguments for gun ownership, but I think it applies here too. His supporters probably think nothing would happen because maybe they, personally, wouldn't shoot or stab or punch anyone, but they don't seem to grasp that this is not equivalent to the possibility for at least one person, somewhere in the country, to do just that.

Like, there's a total oversight in regard to the idea that this makes violence more likely overall, even if a person arguing in favor of the idea (which I'm sure we'll see on the new stations tomorrow) would not personally resort to violence themselves.

theultimo

The best part is this:

So Trump may be violating the consent decree the RNC has with the DNC.

For those of you who may not remember, back in the '80s the RNC basically mailed sample ballots to black districts. If the ballots were returned as undeliverable the RNC would then try to challenge those voters at the polls. They also had armed off-duty sheriffs and law enforcement out the front acting as private security at the polling stations to intimidate minorities.

ampere

At least in talking to my mom, who I've mentioned before is the most conservative person I know, there seems to be this misunderstanding that just because you, personally, can handle a certain responsibility, that doesn't mean it's smart for an entire population to be afforded those things. I made that point specifically in response to her arguments for gun ownership, but I think it applies here too. His supporters probably think nothing would happen because maybe they, personally, wouldn't shoot or stab or punch anyone, but they don't seem to grasp that this is not equivalent to the possibility for at least one person, somewhere in the country, to do just that.

Like, there's a total oversight in regard to the idea that this makes violence more likely overall, even if a person arguing in favor of the idea (which I'm sure we'll see on the new stations tomorrow) would not personally resort to violence themselves.

Reagan's daughter had a great post saying this exact thing, below if you didn't see it

To Donald Trump: I am the daughter of a man who was shot by someone who got his inspiration from a movie, someone who believed if he killed the President the actress from that movie would notice him. Your glib and horrifying comment about "Second Amendment people" was heard around the world. It was heard by sane and decent people who shudder at your fondness for verbal violence. It was heard by your supporters, many of whom gleefully and angrily yell, "Lock her up!" at your rallies. It was heard by the person sitting alone in a room, locked in his own dark fantasies, who sees unbridled violence as a way to make his mark in the world, and is just looking for ideas. Yes, Mr. Trump, words matter. But then you know that, which makes this all even more horrifying.

https://www.facebook.com/patti.davis.39/posts/1048032258613592

If Donald Trump thinks the men and women who have literally walked through hell and high water to vote, who have been threatened, intimidated, ridiculed and belittled, who have had dogs set on them, who have been told to count the number of bubbles in a bar of soap are going to be intimidated by his slack jawed, small minded, tiny handed fascist wannabes...well, he can fuck right off.

Even dick Nixon was patriotic enough to concede as to not make the people feel the system was faulty.

Contesting and not accepting the results of an election is a scary thought

Like what happens if one party doesn't accept a loss. Do we have any precedent for that in our system ???

Also, just to make sure people are aware...you can't just show up and be like "I'm a poll watcher." That's not how it works.

But Trump supporters will try that and when they are turned away they will claim fraud.

I would not be surprised if there was some violence at polls this year.

But Trump supporters will try that and when they are turned away they will claim fraud.

If they refuse to leave, they will be arrested. If they attempt to enter a polling location, they will be told to leave. If they do not, they will be arrested. If they harass people entering the voting both, they will be arrested.

They can claim whatever they want whenever they want. No one will care, and if they do care, so what? We'll have won, and he can beat his tiny, tiny hands against his Doritos colored chest all day long.

Hillary will also have poll watchers as needed. Hers will actually be trained, competent and sane individuals.

mo60

I hope the authorities in the US are prepared for any potential election day violence. The authorities probably know by now that since trump is on the republican ticket for the presidency that violence may increase around places especially polling stations on election day and the days after it.

It's just gibberish.

What's this forgotten man and woman allegory we're supposed to know?

Why is it "supposed to be that way for" Trump? He's supposed to work two jobs? He's supposed to be making less money than before?

Lots of people. Groups of people. What.

He doesn't know who that is...does he?
I can't wait for the debates. It's always a dead give away that he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about when you see him repeating word for word the question asked of him in his often convoluted answer. This GOP Presidential candidate is using the same bullshit tactics I employed in my 5th grade essays and Hillary is going to devour him.

I can't wait for the debates. It's always a dead give away that he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about when you see him repeating word for word the question asked of him in his often convoluted answer. This GOP Presidential candidate is using the same bullshit tactics I employed in my 5th grade essays and Hillary is going to devour him.

I want someone to ask Trump what he thinks about the constitutional crisis in Genovia, and how best to handle the transition of power from a constitutional monarchy into something else...perhaps rule by a baron.

THen when he starts rambling about god knows what, the reporter should be all

giphy.gif

And then Hillary should parachute in (If her failing health allows it, IDK just throwing out ideas here) and be like GET REKT. GET REKT. That's from the hit move "The Princess Diaries" and you fell for it. GET REKT scrub!

That doesnt make any sense at all.
Corporate taxes exist because the massive wealth of a company potentially does not translate into income for shareholders for many, many years. Corporate taxes exist for a variety of reasons, actually, and suggesting to get rid of them is really silly.

I get that you want to raise the income tax and capital gains tax but that does not substitute a real corporate tax.

What are some guesses for which high profile endorsements the Clinton camp has lined up for October? Powell seems likely given that he endorsed Obama twice, but there's a possibility of someone like Patreaus.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Just being controversial now

Ether relies too much on its homophobia whereas Takeover's dismissive tone and wider scale attack puts it well over the top.

This is the main thrust of Ether and it is very good.

You seem to be only concerned with dissin' women
Were you abused as a child?
Scared to smile? They called you ugly?
Well, life is harsh; hug me! Don't reject me!
Or make records to disrespect me, blatant or indirectly
In '88 you was getting chased through your building
Callin' my crib and I ain't even give you my numbers
All I did was give you a style for you to run with
Smiling in my face, glad to break bread with the God
Wearing Jaz chains, no TEC's, no cash, no cars
No jail bars, Jigga, no pies, no case
Just Hawaiian shirts, hanging with little Chase
You a fan, a phony, a fake, a pussy, a Stan
I still whip your ass; you 36 in a karate class?
You Tae-Bo ho, tryna work it out, you tryna get brolic?
Ask me if I'm tryna kick knowledge?
Nah, I'm tryna kick the shit you need to learn though
That ether, that shit that make your soul burn slow
Is he Dame Diddy, Dame Daddy or Dame Dummy?
Oh, I get it, you Biggie and he's Puffy

But that's not really better at all than the main verse in Takeover:

Went from Nasty Nas to Esco's trash
Had a spark when you started but now you're just garbage
Fell from "top 10" to "not mentioned at all"
To your bodyguard's "Oochie Wally"'s verse better than yours
Matter of fact you had the worst flow on the whole fucking song
But I know: the sun don't shine, then son don't shine
That's why your (lame) career's come to an end
It's only so long fake thugs can pretend
Nigga, you ain't live it
You witnessed it from your folks' pad
You scribbled it in your notepad and created your life
I showed you your first TEC (me, that's who), on tour with Large Professor
Then I heard your album about your TEC on the dresser
So yeah, I sampled your voice, you was using it wrong
You made it a hot line, I made it a hot song
And you ain't get a coin, nigga, you was getting fucked then
I know who I paid, God - Serchlite publishing
Use your (brain)
You said you've been in this 10, I've been in it 5 - smarten up, Nas
4 albums in 10 years, nigga? I could divide
That's one every...let's say 2
2 of them shits was due
1 was "nah," the other was Illmatic
That's a one-hot-album-every-10-year average
And that's so (lame)
Nigga, switch up your flow
Your shit is garbage
What you trying to kick, knowledge?
You niggas gonna learn to respect the king
Don't be the next contestant on that Summer Jam screen
Because you-know-who did you-know-what with you-know-who
But let's keep that between me and you (for now)

Jay-Z crushes Nas' lack of business sense, lack of productivity, turns the starting point of the beef into a point for him ("So yeah, I sampled your voice, you was using it wrong") while making Nas just look jealous and petty. Nas ends up looking naive, fake, and jealous as hell after this. Nas and Jay-Z both attack the other's lack of authenticity, but I'm not sure who does a better job with that. I think Jay-Z's seizing on Nas' pretentiousness works well though.

Taking out those verses from each song, the rest of Takeover is clearly better than the rest of Ether.

Ether also is against pussy eating and that's a clear strike against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom