• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Interesting, I was wondering why the Idaho/Montana border is so squiggly looking relative to its neighboring straight line borders but apparently it's for a good reason. Unlike straight line borders that often arbitrarily cut across valleys, rivers, lakes, and other geographical features, the Idaho/Montana border actually follows a topographical ridge-line. The more you know I guess.

Most state lines in the Louisiana Purchase and beyond are pretty sensible for the most part.

I'm not sure. This is the great swing state of Connecticut, so....what plays well there may not play well in the safe blue state of Ohio...

He will do the bold play of calling New Haven Pizza the best styled pizza in the world. While it will make him lose his secret states of New York and Illinois, it will gain him Conn and won't do enough damage in Michigan to lose it. Though if he eats it with a fork and knife again he will lose everyone, its a bold play.

jevity

but based on all his tweets and self-fellatio-retweets today, he's in the asshole zone, and I would put money down he gone say some more "STOP THE PRESSES" shit

thcsquad

People listening to a candidate's podcast

What is happening. Who would waste their time on manufactured nonsense like that when there is a treasure trove of real news and analysis out there?

Nobody's really listening to it for news and analysis. I'm sure most of the people who would listen are political geeks like us who are already listening to a lot of real news and analysis. It's just a way to connect with the base, and it's no more 'manufactured' than your average political rally.

The Podcast is also positioned as an inside look into the campaign. This was Hillary's take on the campaign. They'll probably talk to a bunch of different people like Daddy Mook. Maybe get Bill in there for ra special six hour long episode. I think Dad shows up too at some point.

Farmboy

You are kidnapped and held hostage by a crazy person who tells you to name a state.

If Trump does not win that state in November he will kill you.

What state do you name?

Surprised no one has picked Oklahoma yet. According to the four trackers listed by the NYT, it's the reddest state overall.

Iolo

Another rally? Does he think that is all he needs to do?

Ultimately I think the rallies are done to assuage his need for adulation. That's why he's not trying to expand his base--they're already showing up to his rallies and hanging on his every word. That's why he's doing pointless rallies in Connecticut; there's a fundraiser nearby, imposed on him by the party, and the rallies are for his own enjoyment. And that's why, if his polls stay the same or continue to tank, his need for validation (and so, rallies) will increase.

jevity

Also all this bullshit about Hillary being boring, cold and humourless person.

I don't get it.

The person in this interview is both interesting, warm and FUNNY.

She IS a person I would like to sit down and have a beer or play games with(board games, but the point still stands)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRZd861Pog0

Aaaand, she does SARCASM and IRONY right !

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I don't get it.

She IS a person I would like to sit down and have a beer or play games with(board games, but the point still stands)

Because politicians get judged when they work large crowds.

I don't get it.

In small groups, she's super duper charming. She's not a big crowd person. It's not a good fit for her personality. People, like myself, who have to know everything, have to be in control aren't always great in appearing personable to a large group of people. The thing is, Hillary knows this. It's why she mentioned it in her speech that the public part of public service has always been harder for her.

I also think there's a level of sexism under the surface that people just don't pick up on. I don't think it's something people are even aware of. Hillary consistently does things that we don't expect women (and people with her life story) to do.

Seeing a female presidential candidate on the stump is new for most people. There's basically her and...um....her. (Especially for people in the 18-29 age group).

watching it now, and just seconds in, she already exudes something I have yet to see Trump do at all

genuine appreciation,pride and happyness

edit : she talks and looks like a WE, not a ME

When you get to the mother of the movement part, you'll know why this is my favorite Hillary speech.

Valhelm

contribute something
I also think there's a level of sexism under the surface that people just don't pick up on. I don't think it's something people are even aware of. Hillary consistently does things that we don't expect women (and people with her life story) to do.

Seeing a female presidential candidate on the stump is new for most people. There's basically her and...um....her. (Especially for people in the 18-29 age group).

Anybody else notice a weird strain of anti-maternal projection among the millennial anti-Hillary crowd? Especially when alt-right kids prattle on about how she'll ban video games and keep weed illegal.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Anybody else notice a weird strain of anti-maternal projection among the millennial anti-Hillary crowd? Especially when alt-right kids prattle on about how she'll ban video games and keep weed illegal.

Yea. The alt-right kids are just that: kids. Either they're too young to know better or never bothered growing up at all. So when mom comes along and tries to get them to do their homework they throw a fit.

Valhelm

contribute something
Yea. The alt-right kids are just that: kids. Either they're too young to know better or never bothered growing up at all. So when mom comes along and tries to get them to do their homework they throw a fit.

Every so often you realize that many of them are actually children

hPeJxXY.png

The fuck is wrong with people? Seriously?

My mom had a very simple homework policy....do your homework...or, you know, don't and go get the wooden spoon. Hahaha. Luckily, I was an anal student, so I always had my homework did. And it was did right, henny.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Every so often you realize that many of them are actually children

hPeJxXY.png

Yup, a lot of these people are kids who have never had to deal with the outside world before. They live in homogeneous communities and either have never even met a person of color or are looking for someone to blame for their own lack of accomplishment instead of wondering what they could have done better.

Also, Vegeta was part of a mixed-race (literally mixed-race) relationship and has a mixed-race kid. That's kind of the wrong picture to use there all things considered.

The fuck is wrong with people? Seriously?

My mom had a very simple homework policy....do your homework...or, you know, don't and go get the wooden spoon. Hahaha. Luckily, I was an anal student, so I always had my homework did. And it was did right, henny.

People are crazy.

Retro

Definitely possible.

"If you look at our platform, our platform, if you really look at it -- believe me, I've read it, it's great -- we're gonna come out for later bedtimes. It's gonna be great, you have no idea, it'll be 11 o'clock. At night! 11 o'clock at night, and we're all gonna be up. The whole night, if we want it. And Hillary, she'll make bedtimes earlier, and baths! You look back, and the data is there to support it, believe me, it's there, you'll see that Hillary was actually there at the beginning. She invented bath time, otherwise why would she hide her e-mails? And we're gonna build a fort, and Mom's gonna pay for the pillows. Dad's? Eh, dad's are okay, some of them are good people. Maybe."

berzeli

Banned
Trump supporters becoming unhinged at the media. The reporter says this behavior is becoming commonplace at his rallies.
On a somewhat related note, today there was an article posted in the largest (non tabloid-y) newspaper in Sweden about the Trump campaign. Titled "The rage of Trump persists as support falters", it included such lovely highlights as:
When I ask a question to a young Trump supporter he shouts back "Are You American? I only talk to Americans"
A young man who spots my notepad comes toward me and shouts "You fucking bastard. No one here should talk to the media".
Oh and I can't leave you without:
Below stands yet another young guy with a shirt that has a big picture of Trumps face and the text ”Fuck your feelings”.
qrBWYJS.jpg

It is a pretty damn good article, (for anyone capable of reading Swedish or wanting to mangle it through google translate it is available here). The writer of that article also has a book on Clinton out, In which he describes her as one of the most idealistic politicians in America, but also one of the most cynical". Found that quite striking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom