• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump's campaign can't seem to catch a break at this point. Something always negative seems to define the campaign every week since the conventions. At this point I would not be surprised if something negative hurt trump every week until election day at this point.

Footage of Trump campaign trying to catch a break

steven-universe-baseball-1.gif

I am sooooo giddy about what today will bring.

In regards to campaign spending, how does it work with unspent funds? What happens to that money?

This is a good rundown:

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/leftover-campaign-funds/

LSS, the whole of it can be donated to the party or charity. Can be donated to other candidates, but there is a pretty small cap to those.

(not a gigantic issue often as surpluses are pretty rare)

Clinton 57-27.

In New York.

PublicPolicyPolling
‏@ppppolls
Trump's in the mid-60s of the GOP vote in a lot of suburban legislative districts we've polled across the country in the last month

HUGE.

Political Polls
‏@PpollingNumbers
#NEW National GE:
Clinton 39 (+6)
Trump 33
Johnson 9
Stein 4

Head-2-Head:
Clinton 44 (+7)
Trump 37

@MorningConsult

https://morningconsult.com/2016/08/14/poll-trump-arrests-slide-but-favorability-reaches-new-depths/

Clinton lost 2% OMG OMG FUCK FUCK IT'S CLOSING

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Trump is static. Clinton came down by 2. Kind of wonder if this is the range.

Of course, walk past tv with morning joe on it and the subject is emails. lol.

It still kinda bothers me that there are so many "don't know/neither" people in the polls. Is that normal to see only a few months away from the election?

BanGy.nz

Banned
With recent news of Weiner being catfished into another sexting/online mess I finally got around to watch Weiner documentary. Fascinating stuff, was there much of a discussion about in in this thread?

Caught again? Huma should contact Hillarys assassin and have them put an end to Anthony.

It still kinda bothers me that there are so many "don't know/neither" people in the polls. Is that normal to see only a few months away from the election?

Yeah it is. A lot of people don't even really start paying attention until a couple of weeks before election day *normally*. No idea what's going to happen this year though with the amount of news this election is generating.

Y2Kev

Could Clinton pay to put together another miniDNC like in October? Just two nights basically. Have Biden and Obama speak night 1 and Kaine and Hillary night 2. From like Florida or something.

Could Clinton pay to put together another miniDNC like in October? Just two nights basically. Have Biden and Obama speak night 1 and Kaine and Hillary night 2. From like Florida or something.

No Michelle, no go.

But networks won't cover it if they think it's going to be a infomercial.

Y2Kev

I find it hard to believe these networks won't cover anything, honestly. It seems CNN would cover a flaming bag of crap burning for two days. I mean isn't that Trump every Wednesday to Thursday? BAZINGA

The times as an article with Bernie supporters complaining about Clinton courting Republicans with Ben Jealous saying she looks like Romney.

The times article then goes on to not she's not changed a single position and sounds the same as she did during the primary.

Liberals are the worst.

Y2Kev

The times as an article with Bernie supporters complaining about Clinton courting Republicans with Ben Jealous saying she looks like Romney.

The times article then goes on to not she's not changed a single position and sounds the same as she did during the primary.

Liberals are the worst.

This is the quote that matters tho:

“Republicans in Congress won’t grant as easily after the election that we won a huge mandate on progressive issues, but thanks to Donald Trump, we might have more progressives and majorities in Congress,” Mr. Green said. “I’d rather have a Republican minority in denial about what just happened than a Republican majority standing in the way.”

This is the quote that matters tho:
Yeah. Most of the other quotes were from like state legislators or city council members so it's not like they have much pull in the party

I just hate this idea that Clinton never means what she says. It's super disrespectful and not based on anything

Even in the likelihood that Trump loses, there will be an aftermath.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/14/o...ump-is-making-america-meaner.html?ref=opinion
FOREST GROVE, Ore. — ALL across America, in little towns like this one, Donald Trump is mainstreaming hate.

This community of Forest Grove, near the farm where I grew up in western Oregon, has historically been a charming, friendly and welcoming community. But in the middle of a physics class at the high school one day this spring, a group of white students suddenly began jeering at their Latino classmates and chanting: “Build a wall! Build a wall!”
“People now feel that it is O.K. to say things that they might not have said a year ago,” she said. “Trump played a big role.”

Among any nation’s most precious possessions is its social fabric, and that is what Donald Trump is rending with incendiary talk about roughing up protesters and about gun owners solving the problem of Hillary Clinton making judicial nominations.
Here in the Forest Grove area, west of Portland, students of Mexican heritage at four high schools — most of them born in the United States — described to me how some local whites take cues from Trump.

“They say, ‘We’re going to deport your ass,’” said Melina McGlothen, 17, whose mother is Mexican. “I don’t want to say I hate them, but I hate their stupidity.”

Ana Sally Gonzalez, 17, said a school club had put up posters criticizing racism, and they were then marred by graffiti such as “Go back where you came from” and “Trump 2016.”
The Trump-inspired malice seems ubiquitous. A Georgetown University study found a surge of anti-Muslim violence, from murders to attacks on mosques, coinciding with Trump’s hostility toward Muslims. In March, a man attacked Muslim and Latino students in Kansas, shouting “brown trash” and “Trump will take our country from you guys.”
It finishes on a more hopeful note.

If anything, the normalisation of hatred and bullying will be Trump's legacy.

Oh dang, I didn't realize that Nebraska's 2nd was in Hillary's favor. Game changer, people!

Thanks. I thought so too, but it's not working. I will look into it some more.

What is the URL of the image? That could be the problem; I've had certain URLs that don't show up with NeoGAF's image system.

HylianTom

Banned
I think she should do an infomercial like Obama did in 2008. Line-up her all-stars, do a format similar to the DNC (videos and speech clips), target the messaging according to internal research, and (if possible) roll-out one or two final big-name surprise endorsements.

jevity

Today is off to a great start !

Just saw a repub SLAMMING the estate tax proposal, arguing correctly that rich people does not deserve another tax break to give their offspring an unfair headstart.

Also, to those of you still sleeping, you have a GLORIOUS Jeff Sessions interview to look forward too...Spoiler alert : The CNN pivot is REAL.

So the intercept has this story how someone was wrongly watched by the NSA with their thesis being "he did nothing wrong" then they include this gem at the end of the over written story

https://theintercept.com/2016/08/14/nsa-gcsb-prism-surveillance-fullman-fiji/

The Intercept asked Fullman if he or Mara had ever heard of — or been involved in — discussions about overthrowing or assassinating Bainimarama. Far from denying it, he said that sort of talk happened frequently within Fijian pro-democracy circles
. However, he said it was just angry ranting, when the alcohol was flowing, something completely different from real plans.

“People would say things like, ‘Please can we just hire the Americans to send one drone to Fiji to get rid of those bastards’, or ‘Let me go back to Fiji and I’ll just get a knife and stab him!’” Fullman said. “It’s venting. It’s our way of maintaining sanity — we just sit and bitch about everything. We don’t want violence. We want something where there’s control, a planned approach. More to the effect where it’s the people who protest and say, ‘Enough is enough. This is wrong. We want to go back to the old constitution and have elections.’”
But because he claims it was only drunk rambling it's ok.

But Glenn will go off on someone on Twitter for an offhanded tweet

Take this FWIW, but my cousin has a friend who's a reporter at a major Southern newspaper who is researching whether Meredith McIver, the Trump staffer who took the fall for Melania's plagiarism, is real or not. And of course, that reporter's computer has been hacked since he started working on the story.

Edit: Actually, the story is just about her, not whether she is real or not.

ampere

Perhaps he took the money sarcastically

Regarding Manafort :LOL

With recent news of Weiner being catfished into another sexting/online mess I finally got around to watch Weiner documentary. Fascinating stuff, was there much of a discussion about in in this thread?

Again?!

Fuck it, Huma needs to leave the dude

I saw that documentary, it was well done, but depressing. Guy could have been a real future leader fighting for the middle class, but he got horny and chatted on twitter too much.

Maledict

Take this FWIW, but my cousin has a friend who's a reporter at a major Southern newspaper who is researching whether Merefith McIver, the Trump staffer who took the fall for Melania's plagiarism, is real or not. And of course, that reporter's computer has been hacked since he started working on the story.

You know I was thinking exactly the same. Merefith has been blamed by Trump for mistakes like this for over a decade now, and yet still employed by the company. It seems really odd that someone can continually fuck up in this way and get work.

Y2Kev

All of you are about to have your credentials revoked.

Many people are saying this. Rebel leader is the founder of gamergate.

I'm now a little shocked at how Trump was actually able to build his companies. It's clear that he has no ability to build teams or to bring together skilled, qualified, capable people who are able to get the job done and fill in his weak spots, something that is required of any decent boss/owner/manager.

Just as a stupid analogy, Steve Jobs had some big faults, but Apple's success was driven by his ability to recruit incredible people and bring out the best in them. Clearly, Trump can only attract and recruit shit stains, and doesn't seem like someone who has the judgement and insight to hire the right person for the job and build a decent team, so I'm curious as to how he was able to get this shit done with his previous projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom