• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
CNN is a failing station with horrible ratings. Very unfair, unlike shinra who truly reports only the facts. Crooked Rebel Communist Leader is very untalented. Sad!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I'm now a little shocked at how Trump was actually able to build his companies. It's clear that he has no ability to build teams or to bring together skilled, qualified, capable people who are able to get the job done and fill in his weak spots, something that is required of any decent boss/owner/manager.

Just as a stupid analogy, Steve Jobs had some big faults, but Apple's success was driven by his ability to recruit incredible people and bring out the best in them. Clearly, Trump can only attract and recruit shit stains, and doesn't seem like someone who has the judgement and insight to hire the right person for the job and build a decent team, so I'm curious as to how he was able to get this shit done with his previous projects.

Trump did not build his companies, he pays people for that

I'm now a little shocked at how Trump was actually able to build his companies. It's clear that he has no ability to build teams or to bring together skilled, qualified, capable people who are able to get the job done and fill in his weak spots, something that is required of any decent boss/owner/manager.

Just as a stupid analogy, Steve Jobs had some big faults, but Apple's success was driven by his ability to recruit incredible people and bring out the best in them. Clearly, Trump can only attract and recruit shit stains, and doesn't seem like someone who has the judgement and insight to hire the right person for the job and build a decent team, so I'm curious as to how he was able to get this shit done with his previous projects.
Real estate is not the toughest business. Especially in New York. Not that is easy but the system is designed for you to make money.

Look at everything else he did. A failure. Airline, stakes, water, college

He also has recently basically just putting his name as a kind of licencing deal rather than really doing the big deals he did in the 80s

HylianTom

Banned
Happy birthday, Justice Breyer! (78)

Breyer-in-hat.jpg

Real estate is not the toughest business. Especially in New York. Not that is easy but the system is designed for you to make money.

He also has recently basically just putting his name as a kind of licencing deal rather than really doing the big deals he did in the 80s

I know this was a typo, but it made me laugh so hard.

I just have this mental image of Trump selling these solid* gold* stakes to villagers somewhere who are trying to eradicate their vampire problem.

*may or may not be solid
*may or may not be real gold

Hear me out on this.

I was watching that 'Trump says this now, but said this then' video, and beyond the fact he used to have less deluded opinions (The economy does better when the democrats are in charge, etc) what struck me was how... you know... like a human being he sounds. He's still got some Donaldisms, but he's not yelling. He sounds thoughtful.

So I wonder, what happened? Now I know it isn't the case that Donald used to be this super intelligent liberal who turned into this idiotic conservative. One major through line throughout his life sure seems to be racism. Don't want blacks handling money. Targeting blacks in various other ways.

I really think it was Obama being elected that turned him against the Democrats. I think it's really deep seated racism. Look at his reaction to the birther stuff, and now he hates everything a democrat might want to do, whereas before he didn't.

Speculation on my part obviously, but that's what I've come to believe.

Measley

Hear me out on this.

I was watching that 'Trump says this now, but said this then' video, and beyond the fact he used to have less deluded opinions (The economy does better when the democrats are in charge, etc) what struck me was how... you know... like a human being he sounds. He's still got some Donaldisms, but he's not yelling. He sounds thoughtful.

So I wonder, what happened? Now I know it isn't the case that Donald used to be this super intelligent liberal who turned into this idiotic conservative. One major through line throughout his life sure seems to be racism. Don't want blacks handling money. Targeting blacks in various other ways.

I really think it was Obama being elected that turned him against the Democrats. I think it's really deep seated racism. Look at his reaction to the birther stuff, and now he hates everything a democrat might want to do, whereas before he didn't.

Speculation on my part obviously, but that's what I've come to believe.

Makes sense. The election of Obama sent a lot of old white people to crazy town.

jevity

Dont forget the "thinking bigly'stly, living largest'ly" magazine of them all

rsz_trumpmag12n_3_web.jpg

Disclaimer : No longer available anywhere, except for dodgy yard sales

Y2Kev

Dont forget the "thinking bigly'stly, living largest'ly" magazine of them all

rsz_trumpmag12n_3_web.jpg

Disclaimer : No longer available anywhere, except for dodgy yard sales

This is hilariously out of touch. No real estate bubble. Atlantic city resurgence. Trump u. It's like a relic.

Boke1879

I really don't know what Pence was trying to accomplish by being Trump's running mate.

I mean I'm sure the establishment GOP told Pence that they'd reign in Trump or some bullshit but I don't know why anyone who's establishment would want to be so directly tied to Trump like this.

I really don't know what Pence was trying to accomplish by being Trump's running mate.

I mean I'm sure the establishment GOP told Pence that they'd reign in Trump or some bullshit but I don't know why anyone who's establishment would want to be so directly tied to Trump like this.

Better to lose as Trump's Veep than to lose reelection in Indiana? Like, he can argue he was the party man, toeing the line and doing whatever to try and keep Trump on message. I doubt the parties that be will hold any of this against him. He gave it the good old college try, but Indiana is a terrible school, and their football team is terrible And they should feel bad.

thefro

I feel like pence is barely campaigning. The media never even mentions him.

He's supposed to appear with Trump in Evansville, IN today at a fundraiser.

He thought this would be his best chance at being President someday. Race against Gregg for governor was a tossup that he could have lost, ending his political career. At the least he raises his national profile (and while he hasn't been great, anyone looks sensible next to Trump) and can get sweet lobbying/speaking gigs.

Basically if Trump would have lost a close election, he would have been a top primary candidate in 2020, if Trump wins he could have ran in 2024. He still probably thinks he can message it to where he looks okay for 2020, but he's kinda delusional.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Did they ever? Their layout is still from the BBS era

The drudge report site design is still one of my favorite things on the internet. It's like aggressively, intentionally terrible. It's daring you to to actually be at the website before you even see the terrible content therein.

Y2Kev

I always disagree that losses end careers. Look at Rubio. Or hell look at Mark Sanford. Are you an R? If so you have a shot!

Are any of you familiar with Ted Rall's case against the LA Times?

He claims he was fired by the Times as a favor to the LAPD, who he has been very critical of. The Times is trying to block his suit, and he's raising funds so that it can continue.

GoFundMe here: https://www.gofundme.com/tedrall

Wondering if any of you know more that what's presented on the page. Seems like a very worthy cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom