• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My focus has shifted to thinking about what the GOP does next.

They have a solid strategy for local races in much of the country, but that same focus loses for them nationally. Something of a catch 22.

Bowdz

Voter registration. Some targeted GOTV with Hispanic voters (mainly). Anything to increase attention winnable congressional districts. Maybe a few radio/print ads if you're really feeling it. Most important thing is to work on creating a Democratic infrastructure. Get those people registered. Make them feel comfortable voting democratic.

Yep.

Clinton's campaign shouldn't do any adbuys in TX, but they should definitely workout on funding voter registration drives specifically for hispanic voters. They'll lose this cycle anf probably 2020, but this is an awesome opportunity to lay the long term groundwork to steal the state in 2024.

Huh?

CqAXURAWgAAHb90.jpg:large

MAJOR BSOD!

Bowdz

My focus has shifted to thinking about what the GOP does next.

They have a solid strategy for local races in much of the country, but that same focus loses for them nationally. Something of a catch 22.

Yep. If they stop supporting Trump, they could save the House and Senate (maybe), but his support nationally could collapse which might have more of an impact on the down ballot races than if they'd just supported him.

It's a shit situation to be in.

itschris

PIVOT ALERT!

An adviser to Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump doubled down Tuesday on comments he made saying that Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton should be shot for treason.

But New Hampshire state Rep. Al Baldasaro, a Republican who co-chairs Trump's national veterans' coalition, stressed that he was not saying someone should assassinate Clinton.

"The liberal media took what I said and went against the law and the Constitution and ran with it, and they said that I wanted her assassinated, which I never did," Baldasaro told The Republican/MassLive.com. "I said I spoke as a veteran, and she should be shot in a firing squad for treason."

EDIT: Oops, beaten by nature boy.

There was a spinoff of RuPaul's Drag Race called Drag U. They took biological women and paired them with psychological women.drag queens to learn how to bring out their inner drag queen. Contestants from the show were Drag Professors.

I.... Actually understood all of that.

Should I be worried?

Yep. If they stop supporting Trump, they could save the House and Senate (maybe), but his support nationally could collapse which might have more of an impact on the down ballot races than if they'd just supported him.

It's a shit situation to be in.

Yep. But I'm really thinking past November into the next cycle. What lesson will the party and primary voters learns from this?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Huh?

CqAXURAWgAAHb90.jpg:large

MAJOR BSOD!

I should point out that this is like the third or fourth time this fucker has said that. Hopefully, THIS time it actually gains some traction.

Also, too:

"That's aiding and abetting the enemy by those emails on letting (out) names of Secret Service special agents, our veterans, on those emails," Baldasaro said.

Preeeeeetty sure that's not treason.

Wilsongt

PSNeo will make FFXV look awesome is the new "let's wait until the convention." You know the results, you know SE isn't going to delay the game just to optimize it for an upgraded Ps4 that not everyone will pick up inmediately, yet you keep saying it over and over again like it's true.

Owzers

Why is Tapper folding to Rick Perry? Those damn glasses. Why does Khan have a free ride to attack Trump? These guys go back and forth from having a spine to just moving on.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
If you really want to stretch the whole thing, the previous wolves were docile. But Trump is the wolf that eats people, and he is the first actual dangerous wolf.

the entire point of the article is that the wolves were not docile, the boy who cried wolf was right, they were all dangerous, and this conversation is officially ridiculous!

Measley

Wow, Rick Perry has become a chump for Donald Trump.

Why is Tapper folding to Rick Perry? Those damn glasses. Why does Khan have a free ride to attack Trump? These guys go back and forth from having a spine to just moving on.

Shit was embarrassing. Tapper let Perry roll right over him.

HylianTom

Banned
Just saw the news. The end of an era. 😰

Wrong! There is life after death. The soul does not ascend to heaven but rather rests in a limbo state that varies depending on the karma of the spirit. Issue number 4: Intellegent beings on other planets, yes or no? Pat Buchanan!

RIP indeed. For better or for worse, he was a pioneer.

( The SNL riff by Dana Carvey and Phil Hartman of his show is amazing btw).

:( So Sad

Hurry, Pat Buchanan, on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being unscathed and 1 being a giant metaphysical egg on his face, how badly do you think Trump's latest gaffe will hurt him?

Fuchsdh

I think Romney beats Clinton this year - the wikileaks / email stuff would have been much bigger news if Trump wasn't saying something new and ridiculous every day.

I'd agree. Romney had an actual political track record, understood that you don't win elections by trying to piss everyone off, and Hillary is a historically unfavorable candidate thanks in part to decades of Republican attacks they turn over like compost.

Sadly there is no good clip online of the McLaughlin Group with Pat Buchanan from the film Watchmen (2009). I got a kick out of it, as an old guy.

Gruco

Banned
I love how Republican wishful thinking that Trump would collapse ANY SECOND during the primaries has lead him to believe that he'll come surging back eventually.

I can't believe the entire plot and all development details of FFXV got leaked onto 4chan in fucking June.

What kind of ship is SE running that one of their employees leaks "yeah, the Xbone version doesn't work at all right now and the PS4 version barely works." and the entire plot?

CCS

Banned
I can't believe the entire plot and all development details of FFXV got leaked onto 4chan in fucking June.

What kind of ship is SE running that one of their employees leaks "yeah, the Xbone version doesn't work at all right now and the PS4 version barely works." and the entire plot?

They taught the Trump campaign everything they know.

jevity

A more interesting question is not "is it over?" but "what was the time of death?"

I'm torn between that crazy post-RNC presser where Trump went after Cruz or when Khan went ham with that pocket Constitution on the DNC stage.

Runner up: Joe Biden's ethering of Trump at the DNC.

Trump's campaign was fatally wounded when the DNC started. The RNC failed to put his campaign in a viable framing.

The day he announced his candidacy.

Sentenced himself to death by a 1000 small self-inflected cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom