• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys.

What if Trump "saying on message"...

Actually wouldn't help him at all because his message sucks and only appeals to 30-35% of the American electorate?

The only message is has been almost consistent on is targeting certain minority groups and being like a pro-Russian shill. So far it hasn't worked out. He doesn't have a good message to use that can broaden his audience.

Ecotic

Hasn't Trump been claiming forever he's going to buy ads but then never does? I remember in the primaries he finally aired some ads but it was an extremely small buy only so he could claim he ran ads.

Measley

I hate to say this, but I actually have a great deal of respect for Kasich because he refuses to endorse Trump while all the other GOP governors are bowing their heads.

Kasich is an absolute scumbag, but he does have principles.

Sounds like it's a small buy. This is a typical Trump concession: he's asked to do something basic that is expected of everyone, and eventually he decides to do it as half assed as possible.

By not signaling the ad buy $, my guess is that it's small.

So what exactly is the Trump campaign doing with its money? Its fundraising has been mediocre, but it's there.

I hate to say this, but I actually have a great deal of respect for Kasich because he refuses to endorse Trump while all the other GOP governors are bowing their heads.

Kasich is an absolute scumbag, but he does have principles.

He also doesn't have to. He is a well liked governor in Ohio that is term limited.

Most of the other people who bowed down are hated in their state and are just desperately trying to ride this out.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My far right father-in-law who, in his words, has "never skipped voting in a presidential election," just emailed me to tell me Trump was "nuts" and he's probably not voting.

Pocketing it somehow? God knows it's not for field offices.

Right. If it's not for campaign infrastructure, and it's not for advertisements, what exactly is he doing with all of his money? Granted, he's "only" raised $88,997,986, but he's apparently spent $68,787,021 doing... what? And he has $20,210,966 cash on hand, but I'm not sure what for since this doesn't seem like a gigantic ad buy.

Right. If it's not for campaign infrastructure, and it's not for advertisements, what exactly is he doing with all of his money? Granted, he's "only" raised $88,997,986, but he's apparently spent $68,787,021 doing... what? And he has $20,210,966 cash on hand, but I'm not sure what for since this doesn't seem like a gigantic ad buy.

RNC.

man was a boxer, wrestler, sportsman, equestrian, outdoorsman, hunter, and all around crazy in the best ways.

He studied science and everything he could get his hands on.

Hell he even studied taxidermy. This was his work at 18.

ptwUn31h.jpg

Most popular President probably in the history of the nation.
I'm about half way through that 14 hour documentary of the Roosevelts. It's astounding how incredible of a man Theo was. Even if you weren't a fan of his politics, he was magnanimous.

Buying a a whole bunch of Trump Suits? He has to be funneling it back to himself in some capacity since there is no evidence of him spending it in any manner

Going to pay himself back for his money that he put in.
That's what I was thinking

Yeah, I guess. I mean, maybe getting into the race can do something????? but I'm not sure what???? And how big of a buy could this actually be?

I believe the RNC is running the GOTV, registering voters and coordinating with the state GOP.

In battleground states, it hass been reported the Trump campaign is *starting* to pick some of the workload, but it's still a big mess.

This seems like a first wave of ads, smaller buy and they'll pick it up in September until November.

Was this already posted?
http://varianceexplained.org/r/trump-tweets/

It probably was.

But in case it was missed... you can basically tell which are tweets from Trump (Android) and which from staffers (iPhone).

lol.
https://twitter.com/RealRealDonaldT

A lot of it is used for merchandising and helping his companies plus a few other things. If he isn't investing in more meaningful areas, than he either sitting on it for whatever reason or his campaign is too disorganized to know where to put the money. He'll probably throw money at whatever sometime during the fall in desperate attempts and pressure.

I believe the RNC is running the GOTV, registering voters and coordinating with the state GOP.

In battleground states, it hass been reported the Trump campaign is *starting* to pick some of the workload, but it's still a big mess.

This seems like a first wave of ads, smaller buy and they'll pick it up in September until November.

A lot of this screams too little, too late.

Roger Ailes Is Advising Donald Trump Ahead of Presidential Debates

NYT said:
Roger Ailes, the former Fox News chairman ousted last month over charges of sexual harassment, is advising Donald J. Trump as he begins to prepare for the all-important presidential debates this fall.

Two of them said that Mr. Ailes’s role could extend beyond the debates, which Mr. Trump’s advisers see as crucial to vaulting him back into strong contention for the presidency after a series of self-inflicted wounds that have eroded his standing in public opinion polls.

For Mr. Ailes, being connected with Mr. Trump’s campaign could be a form of redemption after he was pushed out of the powerful network that he helped build. And for Mr. Trump, having Mr. Ailes taking a hand in his preparations for the debates adds immeasurably to the messaging and media expertise in his corner — and could raise alarms within Mrs. Clinton’s camp about just how aggressive Mr. Trump plans to be in those encounters.

It was also not immediately known whether Mr. Ailes, who received $40 million in an exit agreement with Fox News, will be paid for his work on the campaign, or how much time he will be devoting to it. Mr. Trump’s campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, is also not being paid.

Before he founded Fox News in 1996, Mr. Ailes spent years as a respected political strategist with a pit bull style. He was a top adviser to Richard M. Nixon’s presidential campaign in 1968, softening his hard-edge, unapproachable image.

He was also a sought-after debate coach, working with Ronald Reagan in 1984 and readying Vice President George Bush for debates with the Democratic candidate, Gov. Michael Dukakis, in 1988.

According to Gabriel Sherman’s 2014 book on Mr. Ailes, “The Loudest Voice in the Room,” Mr. Ailes played a crucial role before Mr. Reagan’s second debate with Vice President Walter F. Mondale in 1984. During a prep session, he asked Mr. Reagan, who had performed badly in the first debate, how he would handle being asked about his age.

The question came quickly, and Mr. Reagan’s answer, which went down in the annals of witty debate lines, effectively quashed the subject: “I will not make age an issue of this campaign,” he said. “I am not going to exploit for political purposes my opponent’s youth and inexperience.”

In 1988, Mr. Ailes was enlisted for an image makeover of George H.W. Bush, urging the patrician Republican to model himself after the actor Gary Cooper. In debate prep, Mr. Ailes launched rapid questions at Mr. Bush to hone his reflexes, and directed the candidate to slow his sentences and deepen his voice, according to Mr. Sherman’s book.

Asked point-blank by Chuck Todd of NBC News on July 24 if Mr. Ailes was going to advise the campaign, Mr. Trump replied: “I don’t want to comment. But he’s been a friend of mine for a long time.” He called Mr. Ailes a “very, very good person” and said, "A lot of people are thinking he’s going to run my campaign.”

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
My September - November hot scoops:

Persona 5 will be amazing, FFXIV patch 3.4 will result in yet another dead game, Fan Fest will disappoint with them announcing SAM... as a DPS. Final Fantasy XV will be pure shit and SE will go bankrupt.

And HIllary will be crowned Queen.

You're welcome, goddamnit.

What's wrong with patch 3.4?

jevity

Law and order speech any minute now

Hold on to your gunbutts

CNN spoiler : speech is about urban communities, pro cop stance and that Hillary is too weak

Clinton leads Trump by six points in latest Reuters/Ipsos poll

Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton has a 6-percentage-point lead over Republican rival Donald Trump, according to a Reuters/Ipsos tracking poll released on Tuesday.

Clinton's support has ranged from 41 percent to 44 percent since late July, and was about 41 percent in the Aug. 11-15 online poll.

Trump's support has experienced wider shifts ranging from 33 percent to 39 percent while his campaign has endured controversies and distractions in recent weeks. He is favored by about 35 percent of likely voters, according to the most recent poll.

Joeytj

Banned
Have you guys seen #Hillarysstools ???

https://twitter.com/search?q=#HillarysStools&src=tyah

This is the nothingburgerest nothingburger of all time. This is so fucking stupid.

Yeah, I just saw it too. Half are people joking about the double meaning of it, the other half are Trumpeters pushing the "Hillary can't stand for a long time" conspiracy.

Even though it's standard protocol for a stool or chair to be there for the other speaker to sit in while it's his or her turn:

f_clintononobama_160705.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg

Obama-on-Hillary-Clinton-I-dont-think-there-has-ever-been-someone-so-qualified.jpg

Even if she needed to sit often, the U.S. has had an obese president, a wheelchair-bound president, and 70+ year-old president anyway.

Why am I even wasting my time with this... (not faulting you jevity!)

jevity

Yeah, I just saw it too. Half are people joking about the double meaning of it, the other half are Trumpeters pushing the "Hillary can't stand for a long time" conspiracy.

Even though it's standard protocol for a stool or chair to be there for the other speaker to sit in while it's his or her turn:

f_clintononobama_160705.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg

Obama-on-Hillary-Clinton-I-dont-think-there-has-ever-been-someone-so-qualified.jpg

Even if she needed to sit often, the U.S. has had an obese president, a wheelchair-bound president, and 70+ year-old president anyway.

Why am I even wasting my time with this... (not faulting you jevity!)

Having a stool there is just simple practical common sense. I thought Trump was the messenger of common sense, or maybe he was just being sarcastic.

Man, Maggie Hassan bombed that CNN interview. She was asked like 8 times if she thought Hillary was trust worthy, and dodged it each time.

This coming like 2 seconds after criticizing her opponent for trying to have it both ways by saying she's voting for Trump but won't endorse him, which made her look like a total hypocrite

Dear Maggie

If someone asks you if you think Hillary is trustworthy.. You say... YEAH...

jevity

speech spoiler from CNN : It's another on-message,on-script and on prompter speech. CNN said it's supposed to be more concise policy-wise than the speech yesterday.

VRMN

Man, Maggie Hassan bombed that CNN interview. She was asked like 8 times if she thought Hillary was trust worthy, and dodged it each time.

This coming like 2 seconds after criticizing her opponent for trying to have it both ways by saying she's voting for Trump but won't endorse him, which made her look like a total hypocrite

Dear Maggie

If someone asks you if you think Hillary is trustworthy.. You say... YEAH...
She is, very obviously, trying to avoid a soundbite of her saying so. She probably does believe it, but has been told vouching for it is politically disadvantageous.

shem935

Banned
He is giving another speech? Fucking why? If he is just repeating the same tired crap from his acceptance speech what is the point. People were turned off by that and repeating it for them won't help.

She is, very obviously, trying to avoid a soundbite of her saying so. She probably does believe it, but has been told vouching for it is politically disadvantageous.

It's that it ruins her criticism of her opponent that she is running away from her nominee by not endorsing her. It gives her a place to attack her "Why are you endorsing someone who you don't believe is trustworthy".

Diablos

Kind of concerned about Ailes coaching Trump on the debates. If there is anyone who can possibly make him not have a shitty debate it would be Ailes.

TheFatOne

CNN democratic analyst just threw some serious shade at the FOX news audience. Called them gods waiting room, and the last thing you see before you expire lol

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Kind of concerned about Ailes coaching Trump on the debates. If there is anyone who can possibly make him not have a shitty debate it would be Ailes.

No amount of debate prep can fix stupid and personality disorders.

jevity

The question is, do you honestly believe Trump can be successfully coached ?
Also, Ailes can perhaps coach him to zero in on a topic a bit more. But the people
who will respond positively to that type of Ailes Trump will be his red meat base.

And now we pray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom