• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, stealing ideas from Hillary.

It's amazing she was able to do her own stunts...what with the walker, the catheter, the pillows propping her up, the death rattle, etc.

Hey guys, random, but does anyone have any good books, fiction or otherwise, on the refugee experience? Not necessarily the Syrian crisis (though that would also be welcome, but anything good will help).

Grief.exe

Hey guys, random, but does anyone have any good books, fiction or otherwise, on the refugee experience? Not necessarily the Syrian crisis (though that would also be welcome, but anything good will help).

How I was Abused to my breaking point

A Refugee story by Reince Preibus

But legit answers now...

Human Cargo: A Journey Among Refugees is good. Little Bee is good, but it's probably not going to give you a super realistic view of the refugee crisis. It's more of a great story slash experience wrapped around it. "What is the What" is also good, but it's about Sudanese refugees not Syrian. Those are ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Paches

Paradise Lost: Smyrna 1922 was great, take a look in to that.

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAH

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/439132/richard-burr-reelection-campaign-struggles

The National Review won't let me copy text (fuck you), but it's basically how no one thought Burr would lose re-election and now Republicans are panicking. And that Burr is running a shitty race and Ross is running a good one.

They are worried it's a repeat of 2008 when Elizabeth Dole sputtered in North Carolina and Kay Hagan ran a decent (ring a bell?) campaign. Dole started lagging after McCain fell behind post-convention, and was never able to climb back into the race. I did GOTV for that campaign (on Hagan's side ofc) and it was clear Dole was almost certainly going to lose a week into early voting.

This time things are even worse because McRory and the General Assembly have pissed everyone outside the rural farms and Fayettenam into a frenzy.

They are worried it's a repeat of 2008 when Elizabeth Dole sputtered in North Carolina and Kay Hagan ran a decent (ring a bell?) campaign, started lagging after McCain fell behind, and was never able to climb back into the race. I did GOTV for that campaign (on Hagan's side ofc) and it was clear Dole was almost certainly going to lose a week into early voting.

Ross is awesome and super progressive, so I'm happy. You going to do GOTV in 16 or nah?

Did you pick Harambe or Deez Nutz?

Unfortunately not a listed option. I think it was a local poll--they only asked who I would vote for in the General, then 3 different questions about the Gubernatorial race.

Which are more important national polls or state polls?

I think State Polls are a bit more effective, National polls tend to focus on certain regions to come to their conclusion. I find it strange that there were times when Hillary was polling ahead of Trump in "Certainly Red" states but barely beating him in National polls.

Ross is awesome and super progressive, so I'm happy. You going to do GOTV in 16 or nah?

I'm moving to the PNW right after the election-got my hands full trying to get my house ready to sell.

Also the 2008 version of me had a lot less work responsibilities than the current version of me. :/

Rubenov

Not a book, but Frontline's Children of Aleppo is so good it has to be mentioned.

Slayven

Unfortunately not a listed option. I think it was a local poll--they only asked who I would vote for in the General, then 3 different questions about the Gubernatorial race.

I think State Polls are a bit more effective, National polls tend to focus on certain regions to come to their conclusion. I find it strange that there were times when Hillary was polling ahead of Trump in "Certainly Red" states but barely beating him in National polls.

I was thinking that national polls would be an adding up of state polls. But then again statics is pretty much voodoo to me

Teggy

Fuck Me.

Come on Trump. Please do or say something crazy.

They made a deal to give them back money that was owed to them. They would not get any of the money unless they fully complied with the terms of the nuclear deal which included returning prisoners. Why is this a big deal?

Dierce

It's not that bad?

Here's NBC's wording of it:

That's different than Iran not releasing prisoners until they were paid.

Exactly, what I take from that statement is that the money was being held hostage until the conditions were met. It definitely isn't the other way around but I will bet that it will be twisted around by orange turd who doesn't even understand the nuances of the english language in the first place.

It was their money, not ours.

Of course to Trump, it's our money. Just like all of the oil in the middle east is ours, we're just too dumb to take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom