• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syncytia

China joins WTO 2001
Recession 2009
Lots of jobs lost due to recession

Hillary Clinton is Secretary of state

=

Hillary sold your jobs to China

The thing with a pivot at this point is it's too little too late. He lost an entire month. The RNC was 4 weeks ago. He needed to "pivot" during the convention when people were paying attention. No one outside pols are watching this or will hear anything about it. His next best chance to pivot is the debate, in which he can't be Teleprompter Don.

Grief.exe

"I will always tell the truth"

"Except that time I said Obama was the founder of ISIS, and that time I said to assassinate Hillary. Those were sarcasm."

When he said that he regretted what he said... from reading it off a prompter

Now. All he needs to do is show regret and it's all forgiven, it's reset, he's going to win.

giphy.gif

Kusagari

Trump even sounds better reading off a prompter tonight.

If this Trump had actually shown up after locking up the nom and stayed this way he would have been a threat.

But I'm sure he'll say some new catastrophe within a week.

Dierce

Keep in mind guys that orange turd isn't changing at all. His entire campaign strategy from now on relies on doubling down on all the crap he has said while adding a few throwaway compassion lines. Those are all scripted and meant to win back the white female voters he has lost. Sadly I have no idea if it will work or not. It boggles my mind every single day how people can support this turd.

Sopan Deb ‏@SopanDeb 18s19 seconds ago
Trump:Clinton is running to be America’s Angela Merkel, and we’ve seen how much crime and how many problems that’s caused the German people.

And we're adding just a dash of white supremacy.

mo60

Keep in mind guys that orange turd isn't changing at all. His entire campaign strategy from now on relies on doubling down on all the crap he has said while adding a few throwaway compassion lines. Those are all scripted and meant to win back the white female voters he has lost. Sadly I have no idea if it will work or not. It boggles my mind every single day how people can support this turd.

It's a bit to late for him to win back the white female vote he lost. His comments about females in the past will haunt him for the rest of this election campaign no matter how much he pretends to change himself in the next few months.

Trump even sounds better reading off a prompter tonight.

If this Trump had actually shown up after locking up the nom and stayed this way he would have been a threat.

But I'm sure he'll say some new catastrophe within a week.

I mean, we're all grading on a curve. He's doing what a real campaign should be doing, or at least starting to. He's still not spending a lot. He has no infrastructure. He's not giving speeches where he's offending multiple groups of people. But in mid August.

Link

The Autumn Wind
It's too bad there's not a way to see an alternate universe where Trump gets elected so we can see him unable to accomplish any of the things he vaguely promises.

Grief.exe

I'm just getting around to watching the town hall right now, it opens up with a 5 minute montage on every terrorist attack and incident of police getting shot in the last two years.

It wouldn't be a Republican event without racial fear mongering.

See, this would've been a halfway decent pivot speech if A) it were anyone but Donald Trump delivering it and B) if it had been delivered a month ago at the RNC. But it's not, so IMO, there's nothing to Diablos about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom