• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mean time to Drumpf stepping on his own dick after a speech is 12 hours. Let's see what happens tomorrow morning.
Nah, give it a week. If he's still on message by next Friday then you all can diablos.

At least then you all will be prepared for when the polls tighten to Clinton +3-4.

DIABLOSSSSSSS

Trump manages not to spew disgusting garbage for one hour and the media treats it like it's some amazing display of human achievement. It was, at best, the same kind of half-hearted non-apology that a high-profile athlete or celebrity gives after getting caught in some whatever scandal they initially denied.

I mean seriously, he's got a line in there about Hillary treating the black community as just votes instead of people and then he immediately turns around and says black community please give me your vote and I promise everything will be amazing in return.

Dierce

The question is will people fall for it or see this for what it really is, the desperate attempts of a pathological liar who is losing. If things remain the same then orange turd is done for good. I guess the positive side of this is that it gives Clinton's team time to react and prepare for what lies ahead.

Wilsongt

The Associated Press Verified account
‏@AP

BREAKING: Clinton Foundation says if Hillary Clinton elected president, it will no longer accept foreign and corporate donations.

{Um...}

Why wait?

CORRUPT! FRAUD! UNHEALTHY! WIKILEAKS SAVE US!!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
The Associated Press Verified account
‏@AP

BREAKING: Clinton Foundation says if Hillary Clinton elected president, it will no longer accept foreign and corporate donations.

{Um...}

Why wait?

CORRUPT! FRAUD! UNHEALTHY! WIKILEAKS SAVE US!!

Just leave it in the hands of someone else. Cut the ties.

I don't want people that this foundation helps be punished

Diablos

The beautiful thing is the attempts at fixing his mistakes comes at a time when he's scraping the bottom of the barrel. It's desperation,and that's the read the media is giving it too. A pivot that is the result of desperation is not, in my opinion, something that is going to move the needle among the people he needs to woo over.
Never underestimate the stupidity of the American public. If he keeps this shit up and brings it into the debates who knows what will happen.

Democrats are getting way too complacent even if he is an orange turd.

Slayven

Sopan Deb ‏@SopanDeb 18s19 seconds ago
Trump:Clinton is running to be America’s Angela Merkel, and we’ve seen how much crime and how many problems that’s caused the German people.

And we're adding just a dash of white supremacy.
Do they think Americans know who Merkel is ?

Bajan32

I dont post much ,and never in poligaf tho i read you guys posts daily....i just wanted to say holy shit i hate that Keileigh Mcenany on CNN. every time she opens her mouth i want to punch something.

Reacting to Trumpers like
PqERsKO.png

Joeytj

Banned

Failed candidates always pull those stunts and they are always seen as such by the public. I remember McCain wanting to cancel the debates because of the stock market crash in 08.

Candidates in disaster zones are always a nuisance and a transparent attempt of trying to take advantage of a situation. If Hillary and Tim would've gone done there, Republicans would probably accuse them of the same thing.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Are you guys really going to diablos about the fourth trump reboot

I don't get people sometimes, after hiring the fucking leader of Breitbart, Trump has obviously given up and/or wants to do things his way no matter the result.

I don't expect the race to change I'm just mad that the media is treating it that way and giving Trump all this praise for not vomiting over everyone and just drooling on himself.

Iolo

So, in my opinion the problem for Trump is that being humble Trump at rallies is not enough now. Saying disgusting things gets a lot of coverage. Not saying disgusting things is not as newsworthy or memorable, unless one does that while millions of people are watching, as during a convention or debate. He may gain a bit just from tuned in voters who were wavering or demoralized. But to make this message stick and begin chipping away at the polls, he has to maintain this same posture for weeks, and he's shown no ability to do that, and rallies aren't enough!

Iolo

I don't expect the race to change I'm just mad that the media is treating it that way and giving Trump all this praise for not vomiting over everyone and just drooling on himself.

Yeah. I've seen "i'm skeptical trump can pivot but this time it may happen, this has been the longest lasting change yet!" It's literally been three days.

Plus...

But calling around just now, there is skepticism in Trump's orbit that he drove this. Tonight's speech was right out of Conway's playbook.

Historically trump has not liked it when others are perceived to be controlling him.

Joeytj

Banned
So, in my opinion the problem for Trump is that being humble Trump at rallies is not enough now. Saying disgusting things gets a lot of coverage. Not saying disgusting things is not as newsworthy or memorable, unless one does that while millions of people are watching, as during a convention or debate. He may gain a bit just from tuned in voters who were wavering or demoralized. But to make this message stick and begin chipping away at the polls, he has to maintain this same posture for weeks, and he's shown no ability to do that, and rallies aren't enough!

He might with this new team, which is telling him to be himself but just more focused. That doesn't hurt Trump's ego that much, unlike Manafort telling him to change who he is. Today, he seemed a lot more willing to admit his mistakes with his new team, but of course, he's still Trump.

This isn't the first time that there's been signs of a potential pivot or a real change, managing to stay on message for a day or two.

In any case, the Clinton campaign seems to be waiting for the polls to narrow a bit in order to really launch a more offensive campaign, not wanting to fire the big guns before its necessary. They'll wait to see how much damage Trump does to himself before going on the attack and working on Hillary's favorability (because it is a problem).

Right now, they have been remarkably low key during the Trump meltdown, aside from some light attacks from Biden and HIllary towards him.

Grief.exe

"How certain are you that the wall will get built?"
"You can never say 100%, but I'm telling you pretty close to 100% the wall gets built. We need it."

l1SdBx5.png

Grexeno

GUYS THERE WAS A SPAN OF 4 SECONDS TODAY WHERE TRUMP WASN'T LITERALLY VOMITING ALL OVER HIMSELF ARE DEMOCRATS GETTING COMPLACENT

Splendor

Can anyone think of one non-poll related positive headline for Clinton since the DNC?

Not a major national headling, but alot of local papers in cities where clinton has held rallies. I live in NC and their rallies in NC have made local news often

Clinton has quietly been working in the swing states and convincing people, like a competent campaign should do, especially when their opponent is self-immolating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom