• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

It's obvious they pushed Manafort out because of the Russian/Ukranian connex, but yeah, that's another news cycle gone and steps on Trump trip to LA.

I think the HRC campaign is playing this smart though. They're obviously laying low and ceding this time to Trump, but they'll ramp things up post-labor day when more people are paying attention and make a sustained push in the closing weeks with Obama and everyone else fanning out.

Bowdz

Lmao, Halperin on WADR yesterday said that there is a lot of work for Manafort to do on the campaign and that he'd be super busy for the rest of the campaign. Bastard makes a million dollars a year for being wrong on everything.

Hopfrog

Time for the chosen one to rise again.

S2qA--Cn_400x400.jpg

HylianTom

Banned
After his "masterful" pivot, the media is only going to talk about Dude Bro Lochte and Manafort. GOOD JOB Trump's people. Goooood job.
Bingo. This was probably Team Hillary's worst week since the conventions (not disastrous, just not all that good), and she got huge assists from #LochMess and Manafort.

Another week closer to Labor Day.

Pixieking

Banned
That his campagin manager was Pro-Russian?

this isnt a difficult thing to grasp

She can hit him on it in debates... "Crooked Hillary? How about Crooked Donald, who helped fund Putin?" etc. For the same reason, Ailes being close to Trump is a godsend - imagine the retorts coming out of Hillary's mouth when Trump attacks her on Flowers/Lewinsky, etc?

Teggy

Sopan Deb ‏@SopanDeb 1m1 minute ago Charlotte, NC
Heavenly Father, I have one request. Keep me alive long enough to see the first Manafort/Lewandowski segment on CNN.

heh

So, why in the fuck did they not have Manafort resign before they attempted the pivot? Like, they have that big event in Mississippi do it there or something. Whatever.

Slayven

So, why in the fuck did they not have Manafort resign before they attempted the pivot? Like, they have that big event in Mississippi do it there or something. Whatever.

Sweet Adam, Trump never had to clean house one day in his life, you think he will learn at 70?

probably a planned resignation because of..

"This morning, a Ukrainian lawmaker is revealing new details about millions of dollars in cash possibly set aside for Donald Trump's campaign chairman by a pro-Russian political party he consulted for. Investigators are looking for the person who signed for that money. Paul Manafort says he never received any secret payments. Our Charlie D'Agata is in Kiev, the Ukrainian capital, where he has seen the evidence. Charlie, good morning. "

royalan

They're probably calculating that Manafort being pushed out now will be seen as part of the pivot.

Contrast Manafort's ousting with how long and how doggedly Trump held on to and defended Lewandowski.

Campaign malpractice, Exhibit.. I've lost count.

Sweet Adam, Trump never had to clean house one day in his life, you think he will learn at 70?

I just don't get it. You were already drowning. Why throw the life raft out in the middle of a hurricane. Now, smart people in the Hillary campaign get to tie all of this together. Hell, if the pivot sticks, you can say "Isn't it amazing that Trump changed only once Putin's puppet was out of earshot?"

So fucking stupid. I could run a campaign better than this!

Slayven

I just don't get it. You were already drowning. Why throw the life raft out in the middle of a hurricane. Now, smart people in the Hillary campaign get to tie all of this together. Hell, if the pivot sticks, you can say "Isn't it amazing that Trump changed only once Putin's puppet was out of earshot?"

So fucking stupid. I could run a campaign better than this!

I think you can mark it down to everyone over there being in it for money and not that self aware.

Maledict

Having just watched an interview with Ryan Lochte, I am slightly scared. I don't think I've ever seen someone so clearly stupid on television before. How on earth does he remember to breathe whilst he is swimming?

Hopfrog

Having just watched an interview with Ryan Lochte, I am slightly scared. I don't think I've ever seen someone so clearly stupid on television before. How on earth does he remember to breathe whilst he is swimming?

Did you ever watch his reality show when it was on? He is a gloriously beautiful and stupid individual.

He's beautiful! He doesn't have to be smart. And the fact that he's stupid is so attractive to me. IDK I normally like brains .... but man....once in a while a dumb guy can be hot af.

Politico: Time Running Out for Trump in North Carolina

Worth a read, but I'll highlight the important parts:

On the floor of the Republican National Convention last month, an anguished attendee cornered Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions with an urgent message.
“We need help in North Carolina,” the attendee told Sessions, a top Donald Trump ally. “We can get no information about anything. We don’t know who to go to. … We’ve got to get some boots on the ground, we really do. We have nothing.”

And even in a Southern state that has gone Republican in eight of the past nine elections, he hasn’t locked down his base; that’s especially true in the suburbs in and around heavily populated Wake County, home to Raleigh, and Mecklenburg County, home to Charlotte. Wake and Mecklenburg are, overall, reliably Democratic, but they also represent the two biggest vote shares in the state, and a Republican cannot get blown out in those two places.

Note internal polling has apparently shown Trump losing the Raleigh and Charlotte suburbs (not the entire counties, but the burbs) by double digit margins. What the GOP is actually going to come to find is that the suburbs around these cities aren't "his base" , or even the GOP base, they like the northern VA suburbs-lost to the GOP forever.

When Trump loses hard the story across the swing states will be the same-great performance in rural areas as a #% of the vote, but absolute numbers there don't even come close to overcoming the influence of the urban areas where we (increasingly) all live.

Kusagari

Lochte is basically the living embodiment of dumb, hot athlete who knows nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom