• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampere

What the fuck am I reading.

This is how racial resentment is measured:

If you answer those questions in a consistently anti-black way, I'm pretty sure that you are racist.

Why is the Washington Post publishing this garbage.

Is it a contributor/blog or actually a staff member?

Newest trend on Twitter. #TrumpExplainsMoviePlots

Some funny stuff out there. Believe me.

That first one, so so good. "VERY successful father" LOL

Vahagn

Is it a contributor/blog or actually a staff member?

That first one, so so good. "VERY successful father" LOL

What movie was the first one?

I think what annoyed me most about the Trump apology thing yesterday, relative to how the media was treating it, was that the whole narrative seemed to be orientated around the idea of it being a 'one-off' and not a pervasive pattern of misbehavior. This was not Trump losing his cool in one debate after being insulted and responding "go fuck yourself" in the heat of the moment. Quite the opposite in fact, this was a constant stream of actions across months, if not years, many of which took place in non-combative and passive settings. Yet Trump acted like he had just made a minor mistake one time that's not reflective of his underlying character.

If I was to use a relevant sports analogy, the media treated Trump like he was Lochte confessing to making up the story, but hey give me a second chance because that's not who I really am, plus there were other circumstances in play that make my actions more understandable. In reality, Trump's equivalent is Lance Armstrong equivalent. You don't get credit for confessing on your political/sports deathbed.

I mean, he's got to get SOME positive press right? He's going to win some news cycles and he's going to get some positive press. He's so shitty that the only place he allows for it is fake and contrived pivots. He'll be torn apart over and over again, rightfully so, for many news cycles to come.

digdug2k

I hate to admit that I sometimes love Trump. Like, who else could say this:
CqPXOTXW8AAAOZk.jpg

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/766693018808094720

Vahagn

What the fuck am I reading.

This is how racial resentment is measured:

If you answer those questions in a consistently anti-black way, I'm pretty sure that you are racist.

Why is the Washington Post publishing this garbage.

Because people are bending over backwards to allow this trash to exist without offending 40% of the country.

what would anybody in Washington be able to do to stop two plus feet of rain causing floods in common floodzones?

Lawmakers ignore the problem or outright deny there is a problem. Lawmakers also make laws that prevent scientists from discussing or researching climate change (see my state: FL).

Republicans are science deniers and have no place in office on those grounds (that are quickly sinking).

benjipwns

Banned
Lawmakers ignore the problem or outright deny there is a problem. Lawmakers also make laws that prevent scientists from discussing or researching climate change (see my state: FL).

Republicans are science deniers and have no place in office on those grounds (that are quickly sinking).
so...then nothing?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Not that my team has done shit recently, but I wonder which Super Bowl would be worse:

Lions v. Browns

or

Lions v. Bills

If a team is in the Super Bowl, it's probably because they're pretty good, so they'd both have the chance to be quality games.

benjipwns

Banned
smh fucking big government
The acting manager of two D.C. post offices and two of his employees took bribes in exchange for illegally delivering packages of marijuana, according to an indictment filed Thursday in D.C. federal court.

Deenvaughn Rowe is charged, along with letter carriers Kendra Brantley and Alicia Norman, with bribery and distribution of a controlled substance. All three were arrested Thursday.

According to the indictment, Rowe would monitor the arrival of marijuana packages at the Lamond Riggs and River Terrace post offices. He would then instruct Brantley and Norman to meet individuals, who would offer cash in exchange for the packages, on the street during their routes. They gave the cash to Rowe, according to the indictment. Between September 2015 and August of 2016, Rowe allegedly deposited $31,485 in bribes into his bank accounts.

It is not clear how the arrangement benefited Brantley and Norman.
More than 35,100 pounds of illegal narcotics delivered through the mail were seized by postal inspectors in 2015, according to the U.S. Postal Service.
get the government out of my USPS

benjipwns

Banned
golfish
8/18/2016 8:19 PM EDT
another nail in the coffin of the drug supply in the US. A few more expertly executed
stings like this and the drug problem will be behind us once and for all !
CHRH
8/18/2016 6:01 PM EDT
Sounds like an efficient operation, but where is my mail?
appalled_with_two_ps
8:54 AM EDT
I guess you can say the Postal Service has gone to pot, but man what service! You can also say they're meeting high standards.
terrible, just terrible, guards take them away!

If I bought weed, which I don't, because drugs are for losers, and I'm a winner.....why would you mail it? Like I said, the guy who I would buy pot from, if I took pot, which I don't, takes credit cards. He now delivers for an extra fee. Again. Not that I would have this particular service.

DARE to be drug free fam.

(((Harry Enten))) ‏@ForecasterEnten 4h4 hours ago
Trump is just trying to have as many campaign managers as he has had wives.

I was going to make this joke here, but then I went on Twitter and literally everyone was making this joke. I'm not very creative I guess.

As along as it looks like she stole her hair from a golden retriever, itll be fine.

There is no African American woman, drag queen, or otherwise goddess who would ever wear a shitty ass wig that looks like Trump's hair. Never. That shit ain't even synthetic.

Piecake

There is no African American woman, drag queen, or otherwise goddess who would ever wear a shitty ass wig that looks like Trump's hair. Never. That shit ain't even synthetic.

How can Trump be a billionaire or even a millionaire when he can't even afford a decent wig?

Remember the good old days when the religious right was in control of the Republican Party: We had child rapists and scam artists and pro-child rape people as Republican leadership, George W. Bush defending anti-sodomy laws, and a war that killed 500k people.

/Ross Douthat.

Speaking of the Louisiana floods, someone on my FB feed was complaining about Gov. Edwards describing the flood as "historic" because she felt he was ignoring Hurricane Katrina and turned it into a rant about "of course when a white area is flooded the government responds." I pointed out that this flood is being called historic by plenty of experts, that the governor is probably not deliberately snubbing Katrina victims and he's actually done a lot to help them even years after the fact, and that the governor and president back then were different (she went on a thing about "Bush doesn't care about black people," which I totally agree with and just don't see how it's relevant here). She just said I was wrong and went on a tirade about all white people being racist whether they know it or not (guess what race she is and guess what state she does not live in).

The horseshoe theory is a real thing.

I hate liberals.

How can Trump be a billionaire or even a millionaire when he can't even afford a decent wig?

Girl needs to get himself a nice lacefront. That's all he needs. Well, that and a personality transplant. Whatever.

NO IT'S NOT

It's like rain on your wedding day. A free ride, when you've already paid. The good advice, that you just didn't take.....It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife....

Grief.exe

Speaking of the Louisiana floods, someone on my FB feed was complaining about Gov. Edwards describing the flood as "historic" because she felt he was ignoring Hurricane Katrina and turned it into a rant about "of course when a white area is flooded the government responds." I pointed out that this flood is being called historic by plenty of experts, that the governor is probably not deliberately snubbing Katrina victims and he's actually done a lot to help them even years after the fact, and that the governor and president back then were different (she went on a thing about "Bush doesn't care about black people," which I totally agree with and just don't see how it's relevant here). She just said I was wrong and went on a tirade about all white people being racist whether they know it or not (guess what race she is and guess what state she does not live in).

The horseshoe theory is a real thing.

I hate liberals.

Fema also gave the state of Louisiana tons of money, but Bobby Jindal chose to burn that surplus by massively reducing state revenue through tax reductions on the rich and corporations.

Instead of helping people that needed the aid, he tossed the money into a fire.

He actually went to LA? OH COME THE FUCK ON! ...Right, sorry, politicizing natural disasters is a massive pet peeve of mine, especially when there's absolutely zo connection for the people in the photo op.

And apologies on the Obama gripes several pages back. I didn't know that the Governor there had specifically not requested a visit, so of course that needs to be respected.

It is really interesting the Clinton and her campaign isn't hitting hard on some of this stuff besides sometimes issuing out statements. It really does seem like her strategy is to let Trump and his campaign have the spotlight. I think it makes sense in some areas, but it seems like she loses out on some opportunities like Trump and Russian connections.

benjipwns

Banned
It is really interesting the Clinton and her campaign isn't hitting hard on some of this stuff besides sometimes issuing out statements. It really does seem like her strategy is to let Trump and his campaign have the spotlight. I think it makes sense in some areas, but it seems like she loses out on some opportunities like Trump and Russian connections.
why take the risk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom