• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That ain't right, that just ain't right.
Can you confirm the part that's bugging me is not stylistically correct?

This is making my OCD go fucking nuts. If you're talking about nationalities, you list the name for the nationality, right? So, if I'm saying "nationalities...such as American." If you're talking about countries, you'd list the name of the country, right? "Iran" is not a nationality. Iranian is.

This is really bothering me...lol

Also, aren't the FEC filings for July due today?

Can you confirm the part that's bugging me is not stylistically correct?

This is making my OCD go fucking nuts. If you're talking about nationalities, you list the name for the nationality, right? So, if I'm saying "nationalities...such as American." If you're talking about countries, you'd list the name of the country, right? "Iran" is not a nationality. Iranian is.

This is really bothering me...lol

Also, aren't the FEC filings for July due today?

yeah that's not grammatically correct

benjipwns

Banned
Scott Ross · San Bruno, California
Rose, why would the US put a group of people in internment camps unless they thought they posed a danger? I mean be critical of the policy, but also recognize that there were some reasons behind them. The internment camps were not the nazi ovens or forced labor camps. It was FDRs decision, and doubt he would have made it without careful consideration.
exactly, believe it or not, everything is not roses

and ultimately, it takes force in order to enforce the laws

Code:
 5. Covering Period 01-JUL-16 Through 31-JUL-16 	

6. Cash on Hand at BEGINNING of the Reporting Period		44,361,029.70
7. Total Receipts This Period					[B]52,288,296.69[/B]
8. Subtotal (6 + 7)						96,649,326.39
9. Total Disbursements This Period	 			38,177,394.29
10. Cash on Hand at CLOSE of the Reporting Period	  	[B]58,471,932.10[/B]

12. Debts and Obligations Owed BY the Committee			501,263.34

14. NET Contributions (Other than Loans)			261,568,582.97
15. NET Operating Expenditures					256,848,567.45
Clinton FEC disclosure. Trump's doesn't seem to be up yet. Not really any surprises.

Also Bernie 2016 raised $1,163,161.22 in July!

Iolo

Yep the interesting thing will be to see the specifics of what Trump spent money on, and the exact amount he brought in for his campaign as opposed to the RNC.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Code:
 5. Covering Period 01-JUL-16 Through 31-JUL-16 	

6. Cash on Hand at BEGINNING of the Reporting Period		44,361,029.70
7. Total Receipts This Period					[B]52,288,296.69[/B]
8. Subtotal (6 + 7)						96,649,326.39
9. Total Disbursements This Period	 			38,177,394.29
10. Cash on Hand at CLOSE of the Reporting Period	  	[B]58,471,932.10[/B]

12. Debts and Obligations Owed BY the Committee			501,263.34

14. NET Contributions (Other than Loans)			261,568,582.97
15. NET Operating Expenditures					256,848,567.45
Clinton FEC disclosure. Trump's doesn't seem to be up yet. Not really any surprises.

Also Bernie 2016 raised $1,163,161.22 in July!
I had to rotate to see the numbers on mobile. Next level spoiler tags.
Edit: oddly it displays more characters quoted than posted

Trump rallies haven't been as fun now that he sounds less like Trump and more like Hannity :c

I'll just wait for his next flub and watch that clip. He's playing by such a strike handbook right now and it's amazingly manipulative. I wonder how easily people will forgot the last year of him saying literally (not figuratively) the worst possible things.

Crocodile

I've gotten to the point that whenever someone says "As a non-American" in politics threads I just immediately ignore whatever comes after.

Agreed 413252351322512%

We're going to make it easier and cheaper and also less money.

I thought cheaper=less money.

Sopan Deb ‏@SopanDeb 43s44 seconds ago
I used to say that Trump rallies were like going to an Allman Brothers concert, w/ long winding jams. Now - more like Celine Dion.

What does the bolded even mean?

Trump rallies haven't been as fun now that he sounds less like Trump and more like Hannity :c

I'll just wait for his next flub and watch that clip. He's playing by such a strike handbook right now and it's amazingly manipulative. I wonder how easily people will forgot the last year of him saying literally (not figuratively) the worst possible things.

Unless they have literally medicated him there's no way he can keep it up.

benjipwns

Banned
The FEC site is really shit to navigate for something that's supposed to enforce transparency.
They've got a beta for a new site: https://beta.fec.gov/

Speaking of the FEC, five of the six commissioners terms have expired for over a year.

Obama has only nominated two commissioners during his entire term. And only in mid-2013 did he finally get around to it. And I don't mean nominated and the Senate has sat on it. He hasn't even bothered to nominate anyone, both his nominees were approved by unanimous consent.

Ellen Weintraub has been on there since June 2002. But her term expired in April 2007.

watershed

Banned

If Trump hasn't hit it yet, I think he is about to find the ceiling on his support. Hillary is dominating the airwaves and there has been so much negative press. I think Trump has reached his saturation point. Of course I could be wrong and the debates could be big.

If Trump hasn't hit it yet, I think he is about to find the ceiling on his support. Hillary is dominating the airwaves and there has been so much negative press. I think Trump has reached his saturation point. Of course I could be wrong and the debates could be big.

Clinton has been getting lots of negative press as well.

That other portal is also pretty shit.

DNC July
Raised $32,448,596.01
Spent $30,262,048.84
Cash on hand $10,115,671.30

RNC July
Raised $27,206,603.56
Spent $13,818,740.98
Cash on hand $34,522,525.87

I think the RNC was already posted.

FUCK!

That's just the National Committee. The DSCC and DCCC and Repub equivalents don't have August monthlies up yet.

Or maybe they do. And the site is just too shit to show me.

benjipwns

Banned
Today in crazy elections before there was a NeoGAF:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_New_Hampshire,_1974

1974 Senate race in New Hampshire. Republican wins on election day by 355 votes. (Out of some 220,000.)

First recount reverses it and gives it to the Democrat by 10 votes.

Second recount reverses first recount and gives it to the Republican by 2 votes

Democrats have 60 seats in the Senate. The Rules Committee deadlocks 4-4 on sitting the Republican. The Senate then takes six weeks to resolve one of 35 disputes.

Finally on July 28th the Republican asks the Democrat to agree to a new election, the Democrat initially says no, but then says yes.

Democrat wins the special election 54%-44%. Then loses re-election in 1980.

A third party candidate running on George Wallace's old ballot line* increased their share from 1500 votes (0.7%) in the first election to 8800 votes (3.4%) in the special election. 260,000 some people voted in the special election which was in September 1975.

*Wallace did so well in 1968 that his American Independent Party had ballot status in all sorts of states, he completely abandoned the party immediately after. So all sorts of people from racists to communists to libertarians to the alt-right and so on took over the ballot lines in various states. I wanted to make this note because I don't know the particulars of this candidate.

Well, other than the fact that I just googled him and this is his 2000 Presidential campaign website: http://www.carmenchimento.com/PresWebsite/carmen2000.htm

Also he knows who REALLY was Deep Throat: http://www.carmenchimento.com/PresWebsite/deepthroat4.htm

benjipwns

Banned
Is the reason that he didn't nominate anyone because the GOP would just block them anyway? :p
As I noted the two people he nominated were approved by unanimous consent.

He just hasn't nominated anyone. The only reason he did it in 2013 was because one of the Democratic commissioners had resigned entirely which left it with 3 Republicans and 2 Democrats.

Correct me if I'm wrong but what this means is that if Hillary were running in 2012 against Trump, she'd be losing right now?
It means that people say they voted for Obama because he won, even if they really voted Romney.

What this means is there are a lot of people in the sample that said they voted for Obama, and therefore counted as Democrats, but they're really more lean R.

Put anoTher way, there are many republicans counted as democrats in the poll because they falsely remember voting for Obama in 12.

It's a very simplified version of the argument, but hope that helps

benjipwns

Banned
Back in 2009, in that tiny window where they had 60 votes, Obama should have appointed two Green Party members to replace the two open GOP seats on the FEC lol

So, when Hillary becomes Queen, do you think she'll change the national anthem to "Fight Song" before or after she takes away everyone's guns and criminalizes heterosexuality?

Makai

I'm just about the meanest grandkid
14059916_10154449264689855_521989138_o.jpg

If my mom's dad was alive, he'd 100% vote for Trump. No question at all. Like, totally. (He died when I was 5). My mom's mom never voted, so she probably wouldn't have this time either.

When Trump announces that he'll legalize (but not give citizenship to) all undocumented immigrants without a criminal record next week, will anyone buy it or will his white nationalist buddies be demotivated by their hero becoming a cuck.

daedalius

I'm just about the meanest grandkid

Sounds like my grandma, but she never quite figured out the smart phone thing

Unrelated, but I went to the grocery store tonight and there was some white guy with his family and a cardboard sign. It said

Basically: I can't find work because of IMMIGRATION, GOD BLESS

I was kind of surprised you'd take that tact when begging for money.

Sounds like my grandma, but she never quite figured out the smart phone thing

Unrelated, but I went to the grocery store tonight and there was some white guy with his family and a cardboard sign. It said

Basically: I can't find work because of IMMIGRATION, GOD BLESS

I was kind of surprised you'd take that tact when begging for money.

What state was this? lol

Hell no.

She needs a new song.

But that is her fight song. Her take back her life song. The prove she's alright song. Cause her power's turned on. Starting right now, she'll be strong. She'll play her fight song. And she don't really care if nobody else believes. Cause she's got a lot of fight left in me.

benjipwns

Banned
So, when Hillary becomes Queen, do you think she'll change the national anthem to "Fight Song" before or after she takes away everyone's guns and criminalizes heterosexuality?
"Fight Song" was released by Columbia Records. Columbia Records is owned by Sony Music Entertainment which also owns the label Kemosabe Records. The founder of Kemosabe Records is Lukasz Sebastian Gottwald (WHO IS JEWISH) who is being sued by Ke$ha for rape and sexual abuse. Gottwald has produced every single one of Katy Perry's records which are released by Capitol Records, which is owned by Universal Music Group.

The current CEO of Sony Music Entertainment is the FORMER CEO OF UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP.

Sony and Universal are two of the companies that were found to be price fixing CD's in the late 1990s. DURING THE PRESIDENCY OF BILL CLINTON.

Katy Perry has not only endorsed Hillary Clinton but PERFORMED AT THE DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL CONVENTION.

Why are we not seeing the speech transcripts? What could be in the e-mails about this? Don't the American people deserve to know?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
But that is her fight song. Her take back her life song. The prove she's alright song. Cause her power's turned on. Starting right now, she'll be strong. She'll play her fight song. And she don't really care if nobody else believes. Cause she's got a lot of fight left in me.

Oh i see how it is. The right was right, you all have been bamboozled into following Hillary.
-------

It's horrible.

if I was polled as to why I don't like hillary, this song would be my first point.

"Fight Song" was released by Columbia Records. Columbia Records is owned by Sony Music Entertainment which also owns the label Kemosabe Records. The founder of Kemosabe Records is Lukasz Sebastian Gottwald (WHO IS JEWISH) who is being sued by Ke$ha for rape and sexual abuse. Gottwald has produced every single one of Katy Perry's records which are released by Capitol Records, which is owned by Universal Music Group.

The current CEO of Sony Music Entertainment is the FORMER CEO OF UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP.

Sony and Universal are two of the companies that were found to be price fixing CD's in the late 1990s. DURING THE PRESIDENCY OF BILL CLINTON.

Katy Perry has not only endorsed Hillary Clinton but PERFORMED AT THE DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL CONVENTION.

Why are we not seeing the speech transcripts? What could be in the e-mails about this? Don't the American people deserve to know?

You are quite the interesting fellow. :)

Oh i see how it is. The right was right, you all have been bamboozled into following Hillary.
-------

It's horrible.

if I was polled as to why I don't like hillary, this song would be my first point.

But your power's turned on. Starting right now, you'll be strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom