• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iolo

I think it would be fun to take Trump's FEC reports in .csv format and analyze them, if I hadn't spent the last 12 hours fixing cucked up computers at work

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
The song is horrible adam.

I rather listen to trump off script tag teaming with Sarah palin for 4 hours straight than to hear that song.

User1608

Banned
When Trump announces that he'll legalize (but not give citizenship to) all undocumented immigrants without a criminal record next week, will anyone buy it or will his white nationalist buddies be demotivated by their hero becoming a cuck.
Both. I wouldn't buy it lol, and his supporters will get mad. Either that or they'll be hypocrites and say it's the bestest idea ever. Maybe not.

hawk2025

I think it would be fun to take Trump's FEC reports in .csv format and analyze them, if I hadn't spent the last 12 hours fixing cucked up computers at work

I was thinking about doing this tonight if I have some extra time after finishing some work.

If you use Stata or R, I can send you over whatever I get to by tomorrow or something.

Iolo

I was thinking about doing this tonight if I have some extra time after finishing some work.

If you use Stata or R, I can send you over whatever I get to by tomorrow or something.

Don't worry about it, I was just going to use some basic csv utilities. I haven't had time to learn R yet.

Now that's stuck in my head. I'm calling the police

Let them know that you may only have one match, but you can still make an explosion

Was he a Wallace man?

I didn't know him well. He died when I was 5. But, he was your typical white guy from the Midwest. Supposedly had some racist tendencies.

The song is horrible adam.

I rather listen to trump off script tag teaming with Sarah palin for 4 hours straight than to hear that song.

The song is amazing.

watershed

Banned
When Trump announces that he'll legalize (but not give citizenship to) all undocumented immigrants without a criminal record next week, will anyone buy it or will his white nationalist buddies be demotivated by their hero becoming a cuck.

I think his support would nose dive for sure. He really can't soften his tone or positions without losing the very support that won him the nomination in the first place. It seems to me that the last few days of teleprompter Trump have been really low energy affairs. He's not giving his crowds what they want. Any pandering would hurt him at this point I think.

Zereta

Given most of Trump's base just follows him regardless of his policies, could a Trump flip on his immigration policies actually give him a massive boost?

It just seems like Trump wants to get into the White House. His actual policies doesn't matter to him. He'll just say whatever he needs to become president and then do whatever he pleases after.

In fact, isn't a flip on illegal immigration a direct difference from the GOP platform? Would he alienate more Republicans or will Republicans go "See, he isn't crazy?"

Maybe I'm diablosing but I see a path here where Trump flips on policies and turns enough people over to him to get the presidency.

Tarydax

Banned
Given most of Trump's base just follows him regardless of his policies, could a Trump flip on his immigration policies actually give him a massive boost?

It just seems like Trump wants to get into the White House. His actual policies doesn't matter to him. He'll just say whatever he needs to become president and then do whatever he pleases after.

In fact, isn't a flip on illegal immigration a direct difference from the GOP platform? Would he alienate more Republicans or will Republicans go "See, he isn't crazy?"

Maybe I'm diablosing but I see a path here where Trump flips on policies and turns enough people over to him to get the presidency.

I tend to believe that even if most voters have horrible memories, Trump has made sure that everything he's done - from his description of Mexican immigrants as rapists and criminals to the Muslim ban to the blatant racism against Judge Curiel - has saturated the news for so long that not many people are going to be able to forget (or to convince themselves that Trump's not a lunatic). Trumps' overwhelming media presence has worked against him in this regard, and neither Hillary nor the downticket Dems are going to let voters forget what Trump said and who endorsed him.

I get why you're worried, but everything Trump said is on record. There's tons of video evidence, and with how much more aggressive Hillary has been with her ads, Trump isn't going to be able to make a new narrative for himself. I don't have any evidence to back this up, but I don't think Trump's base of support will be able to grow as much as he needs it to, not even close. Besides, if Trump tries to flip too much on policy, even his supporters might have to start admitting that he's a serial flip-flopper, and he would have to take a ton of stuff back in order to create the illusion of moderation.

alternade

But that is her fight song. Her take back her life song. The prove she's alright song. Cause her power's turned on. Starting right now, she'll be strong. She'll play her fight song. And she don't really care if nobody else believes. Cause she's got a lot of fight left in me.
If there was ever a reason to vote for Trump......

That depends on how much of his support is based on his actual policies, and how much is based on him being "not-Hillary."

I think for it to significantly hurt him, there would need to be some really passionate and vocal voices from his base that don't like the change. Enough so that they are part ways or vote for someone else.

I don't see it significantly helping him; some would probably see it as an opportunistic flip-flop in response to being behind in the polls. Others are probably not voting for him not so much out of explicit distaste of his policies, but because his very personality is unlikable and not the kind of thing they want in the White House.

benjipwns

Banned
If Trump goes wobbly on immigration his campaign is over.

I hope Hillary enjoys debating Darrell Castle and Gary Johnson this fall.

Tubie

Would be really funny if the hardcore trumpers started supporting amnesty due to this new pivot lol.

It won't last, that whole thing will die the second Trumps speaks to a journalist not in his bubble.

gcubed

If Trump goes wobbly on immigration his campaign is over.

I hope Hillary enjoys debating Darrell Castle and Gary Johnson this fall.

You really think the 35% behind Trump actually care?

"He's doing this to get elected so he can bring the great White hope back to the US and not let that flip flopping untrustworthy bitch in the White House"

We are talking about the lowest of the low IQs left voting for Trump. Velcro shoes level

I think we need to officially retire Diablosing and move to cartoon_soldiering

Effect

His supporters will follow him to the grave.

I don't like ask this because of the amount of media attention Trump gets. Hillary needs to go on the attack.

This is what I'm not liking Of course he's lying his ass off and in desperation mode. The problem is the free air time he's getting with this bullshit. She needs to go on the attack. Ads that show him him lying his ass off. Showing all the vile BS he's said. Don't even take the chance with something like this. Don't assume people will see through his BS. I want him beaten and then I want him stomped into the ground.

benjipwns

Banned
If Trump abandons defending the border for amnesty for criminals he's no different than Jeb! and Ryan and Rubio and the other leftist shamnesty sell-outs who used to run the GOP and wanted to turn this nation over to La Raza. It proves Ted Cruz was right all along, the guy was a con artist and a traitor to the nation.

Iolo

HRC: $30m individual campaign contributions, $20m from joint
Trump: $20m individual campaign contributions, $15m from joint, $2m from candidate

I don't like ask this because of the amount of media attention Trump gets. Hillary needs to go on the attack.

Indeed, its scaring me how passive her campaign is being as of late. You don't have to take the attention away from the orange turd, but you have to do something and not act like its over.

gcubed

If Trump abandons defending the border for amnesty for criminals he's no different than Jeb! and Ryan and Rubio and the other leftist shamnesty sell-outs who wanted to turn this nation over to La Raza. It proves Ted Cruz was right all along, the guy was a con artist and a traitor to the nation.

I mean, I guess that helps Ted Cruz? I mean, don't get me wrong, no one will believe it because it's so embarrassingly bad, but the idiots still voting for him will justify it because... They are idiots

watershed

Banned

This is what I'm not liking Of course he's lying his ass off and in desperation mode. The problem is the free air time he's getting with this bullshit. She needs to go on the attack. Ads that show him him lying his ass off. Showing all the vile BS he's said. Don't even take the chance with something like this. Don't assume people will see through his BS.

Y'all need to breath a get some perspective. Hillary doesn't need to go on the attack. She's been spending millions attacking him for weeks now and it's clearly working. Trump isn't just imploding, Clinton's campaign is rubbing his face in it and making sure no one forgets. That is already happening and it is clearly working.

benjipwns

Banned
I mean, I guess that helps Ted Cruz? I mean, don't get me wrong, no one will believe it because it's so embarrassingly bad, but the idiots still voting for him will justify it because... They are idiots
They may be idiots but they didn't choose Trump just because...they chose him because he was the only candidate who proudly shared their views on immigration rather than complete surrender to amnesty and open borders.

IMMIGRATION REFORM THAT WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

The three core principles of Donald J. Trump's immigration plan

When politicians talk about “immigration reform” they mean: amnesty, cheap labor and open borders. The Schumer-Rubio immigration bill was nothing more than a giveaway to the corporate patrons who run both parties.

Real immigration reform puts the needs of working people first – not wealthy globetrotting donors. We are the only country in the world whose immigration system puts the needs of other nations ahead of our own. That must change. Here are the three core principles of real immigration reform:

1. A nation without borders is not a nation. There must be a wall across the southern border.

2. A nation without laws is not a nation. Laws passed in accordance with our Constitutional system of government must be enforced.

3. A nation that does not serve its own citizens is not a nation. Any immigration plan must improve jobs, wages and security for all Americans.

Iolo

I just don't have the energy to data mine Trumps schedule B disbursements, but something funny stood out to me on the first page

He spent $1.4 million (of $18 million) on "COLLATERAL: TSHIRTS/MUGS/STICKERS/FREIGH..." and another $500k on "COLLATERAL: HATS"

And a shitload of money for "DIGITAL CONSULTING/ONLINE ADVERTISING" to GILES-PARSCALE which is some web design company that is weirdly associated with him

Zereta

That depends on how much of his support is based on his actual policies, and how much is based on him being "not-Hillary."

I think for it to significantly hurt him, there would need to be some really passionate and vocal voices from his base that don't like the change. Enough so that they are part ways or vote for someone else.

I don't see it significantly helping him; some would probably see it as an opportunistic flip-flop in response to being behind in the polls. Others are probably not voting for him not so much out of explicit distaste of his policies, but because his very personality is unlikable and not the kind of thing they want in the White House.

That's the thing though. His base and high level GOP leaders are saying he'll become presidential and they might not support this policy but its proof that he's willing to be rational... be presidential.

I'm a potential legal immigrant to the US and I know Trump and his policies are going to be bad for me and the country. I think Trump knows he can't get in without flipping a couple of policies and his fan base doesn't care... all they want is for him to get in.

#diablos

Come on Hillary, time to go on the offensive. It was a fun couple of weeks letting Trump destroy himself. Time to destroy him yourself.

daedalius

Undocumented immigrants make up 0.9% of Missouri's population, lmao.

The total immigrant population is 4%.

This is like delusions of Islamic terrorism coming to Nebraska.

I guess he is looking for other trump supporters to give him money because he can't get a job cuz immigrants stole it.

I drove the other way out

benjipwns

Banned
And a shitload of money for "DIGITAL CONSULTING/ONLINE ADVERTISING" to GILES-PARSCALE which is some web design company that is weirdly associated with him
There are web design companies that specialize in operating campaign websites.

Ever notice how everybody's websites for like Senate and House races look weirdly the same?

No idea if this is one, it might be a company the Trump Organization uses for everything instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom