• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other exciting news...

http://election.princeton.edu

EV_history.png

EV_histogram_today.png

Probability of Clinton win: random drift 92%, Bayesian 95%
for anyone wondering why the big jump

He changed the standard deviation for the model from 6% (average from the 50s to now) to 3% (average from 94 till now)

Basically elections are narrower and have tended to move less recently so he switched his model to account for that--prob of thing moving the other way is low

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
If Russert were still alive he'd have been destroyed like Rather and Brokaw and Williams at this point. Nobody is safe from conservative hysteria.

Dierce

This is Clinton's campaign second opportunity to corner orange turd, keep him from pivoting any further and even damage his appeal among his base. She only has to come out and say that orange turd will do and say anything to get some votes, call him out on his lies and turn his 'strongman' persona into the desperate coward that he is. She needs to do this personally.

If Clinton comes out today and says that she's hearing that orange turd is walking back on the immigration proposals he had up to this month, along with other things, it will keep him from making them and if he does it will damage his appeal.

for anyone wondering why the big jump

He changed the standard deviation for the model from 6% (average from the 50s to now) to 3% (average from 94 till now)

Basically elections are narrower and have tended to move less recently so he switched his model to account for that--prob of thing moving the other way is low

This seems unlike the more standard elections we've had before though.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This seems unlike the more standard elections we've had before though.

Um in what way? Voter "certainty" in all recent polls is extremely high. The electorate is more polarized than ever. This seems exactly like standard elections and electorally even looks like 2012. Are we just saying things now because it is fun to freak out

kess

excuse me, excuse me, it's a shutdown of high risk countries that have produced terrorists, which is actually probably far more strict than just the general muslim ban!

It's what his supporters hear. Like they ever cared about Christians or intellectuals from the Middle East besides using them as some kind of prop, anyway.

Um in what way? Voter "certainty" in all recent polls is extremely high. The electorate is more polarized than ever. This seems exactly like standard elections and electorally even looks like 2012. Are we just saying things now because it is fun to freak out

Seems like there's still a lot of undecided people out there, two candidates with high unfavorable numbers, and 4 candidates, 5 in some states.

Strange movement in the not so important morning consult weekly poll. H2H basically stayed the same if you consider statistical noise while 4way went from +6 to +3 entirely due to Trump's ridiculously low 33 percent vote share recovering to 36.

Iolo

The rise of the alt-right — named for the Alternative Right website that the “identitarian” nationalist Richard Spencer set up in 2010 and adopted by those opposed to multiculturalism and mass immigration — has come to define how many of its adherents see Trump.

Oh finally someone explains it

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Iowa don't got no colleges

I don't think college educated whites are really tricked by Trump. I see a lot of reversal in non-college educated whites but it's hard to believe college educated women are suddenly going to be like oh ok he's not a racist.

+6 in Ohio is niiiice.

Iowa looks like it's going to be the true toss-up state this year.

meh, I really don't care for changing the model mid-stream like this. :/ Even if Sam's reasoning makes total sense (esp. if you look at the graph on his site), it feels too much putting your thumb on the scale to get the result you want.
i agree...should have rode the model out

It was converging, anyways

royalan

Judging by this week, and by the media's reaction to it, it might be time to consider that the pivot is real this time.

So the Clinton Campaign needs to stop letting Trump have the media to himself, like now.

thebloo

Judging by this week, and by the media's reaction to it, it might be time to consider that the pivot is real this time.

So the Clinton Campaign needs to stop letting Trump have the media to himself, like now.

Wait for tomorrow. If he makes it through the day then yeah, go for it. But let's see.

Bowdz

So I decided to start rewatching The West Wing yesterday and I had completely forgot how scarily accurate it was. I had forgotten about the Freedom Watch group in season one that was suing the White House for all internal documents of an internal drug use "investigation" using FOIA and how they deposed Josh. It is absurdly similar to Judicial Watch's bullshit this season (I know they are based off of them).

watershed

Banned
Keep in mind that teleprompter Trump is boring as hell.

Also we should stop pretending like the Clinton campaign are all asleep. They're expanding the map, blanketing the airwaves, and funding a much larger ground game than Trump's campaign.

royalan

I think people have conned themselves into thinking that a Trump Pivot, if it were to ever truly happen, would make Trump seem like a liberal Democrat or something.

No.

Trump's pivot was always about making him seem like a typical Republican. Still racist, still conservative on social issues, still trickle-down, still mum on the facts. That was always the pivot, and he did that last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom