• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayons

Banned
I don't think so but honestly I'm kind of really over Trump's existence and Hillary's been in hiding sleeping/dying so I've been doing other things myself.
Oh, okay. So not too much going on in politics now I guess. That's cool. I haven't been up to speed because I've been really busy with my sex life

And you know, I just haven't had the time, because I've been so busy having sex with so many people. Aaaaaallllllll of these scores of people, just thousands of them, up on the rooftops, they've got clothes flying off of their arms, their legs, their whatever. I sex up so many people I'm starting to get sick of it. And the reason I have all this sex is because I am so good at it. Believe me. Many people are saying that I am very, very good, if not the best they've ever had, in bed. And you know, this may come off of as bragging, but actually, I am more humble than you could ever understand.

Crayons

Banned
And you know, I just haven't had the time, because I've been so busy having sex with so many people. Aaaaaallllllll of these scores of people, just thousands of them, up on the rooftops, they've got clothes flying off of their arms, their legs, their whatever. I sex up so many people I'm starting to get sick of it. And the reason I have all this sex is because I am so good at it. Believe me. Many people are saying that I am very, very good, if not the best they've ever had, in bed.
Damn straight. Sometimes three people at once

I literally just arranged a foursome

In 1976 there were still people smoking on the convention floor.
Damn it Adam. I went from watching convention speeches starting from 1948 to watching Vietnam protests to Watergate coverage and just finished an hour watching Election 2000 coverage. Made myself stop after that.

Thanks.

Joeytj

Banned
Damn it Adam. I went from watching convention speeches starting from 1948 to watching Vietnam protests to Watergate coverage and just finished an hour watching Election 2000 coverage. Made myself stop after that.

Thanks.

Oh thank god, I thought I was the only one who spent an afternoon doing that...

It gets really bad when I get into the hours long 9/11 coverage videos, or other breaking news.

Oh thank god, I thought I was the only one who spent an afternoon doing that...

It gets really bad when I get into the hours long 9/11 coverage videos, or other breaking news.
I did the same a few weeks ago. Watched 9/11 coverage then got curious about how the media handled previous horrible news. So I went looking at Kennedy/Reagan shooting coverage, and OKC bombing stuff.

I didn't know the Zapruder Kennedy footage existed until a few weeks ago. Kinda scarred me for the day since I didn't see it coming.

Joeytj

Banned
I did the same a few weeks ago. Watched 9/11 coverage then got curious about how the media handled previous horrible news. So I went looking at Kennedy/Reagan shooting coverage, and OKC bombing stuff.

I didn't know the Zapruder Kennedy footage existed until a few weeks ago. Kinda scarred me for the day since I didn't see it coming.

Yeah, it amazes me just how much I hadn't seen from 9/11 coverage. I didn't know that Jim Miklaszewski was INSIDE the Pentagon when it got hit and he was reporting to Matt Lauer and Katie Couric about it seconds after it happened, thinking it was a "small explosion".

Trump has absolutely no respect for the office he is running for. This should be abundantly clear to every American and yet...

trumpnew1_8col.jpg

I don't know if anyone watched this on CNN yet but supposedly trump's campaign has a september surprise for hilary according to Gringrich

Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chWrTWWGhKY

I'm going to laugh when trump's september surprise doesn't hurt hilary and she still ends up beating him by 7 or more points.

Newt Gingrich said:
I was privileged to sit through a 2 hour briefing over at the Republican National Committee outlining all they've learned about Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton. It is so staggering. The... the... We haven't seen 10 percent of what we're going to learn in September. She is going to drown under the impact...

Meanwhile, @Clinton HQ:

UgHHQ7r.gif

Syncytia

I don't know if anyone watched this on CNN yet but supposedly trump's campaign has a september surprise for hilary according to Gringrich

Link

I'm going to laugh when trump's september surprise doesn't hurt hilary and she still ends up beating him by 7 or more points.

Thank god I wasn't drinking anything while Corey was speaking.

Some people say the best raw political talent in 100 years. jfc

#manypeoplearesaying

mo60

Not sure they Powell will now endorse Hillary. And he just basically just called Hillary a liar. Not sure why she dragged him into this.

He may endorse her in the end but it will be later like in October. They will probably patch things up with each other eventually.I don't think he's really pissed off at what hilary saiid.

Zereta

Link

I'm going to laugh when trump's september surprise doesn't hurt hilary and she still ends up beating him by around 7 or more points.

Martin O' Malley has it exactly right: The Clintons have been scrutinized to all hell. "Expertly" crafted attack ads and conspiracy theories aren't gonna sink them.

Not sure they Powell will now endorse Hillary. And he just basically just called Hillary a liar. Not sure why she dragged him into this.
Did she? By all accounts the FBI pressed Clinton on the issue, and she presumably answered honestly. It isn't like she ran screaming down hallways attempting to implicate her predecessors in wrongdoing. If you believe she was not lying (and I do not), then Powell's name being brought up is unfortunate but ultimately not Hillary's fault in any way.

Really, it just sounds to me like the Trump camp trying to make August go a little better by making them think that there is reason to have faith, but without having to offer anything concrete. I guess they just hope people forget their September promise?

He may endorse her in the end but it will be later like in October. They will probably patch things up with each other eventually.I don't think he's really pissed off at what hilary saiid.

He literally said that Clinton people were trying to pin the email thing on him and that he only sent her a memo one year after she had already been using a private email server.

Trump has absolutely no respect for the office he is running for. This should be abundantly clear to every American and yet...

trumpnew1_8col.jpg
Can you imagine an episode of his reality show live from the white house? Tacky!
Clintons, please bring back dignity and virgin purity to the white house ;)

Pixieking

Banned
Any real reason for Trump campaign to release material in September, as opposed to now or October? Surely they'd have started releasing it during August if they had a vast amount of material, or leave it til October if it was truly shocking, so that it was fresh in the minds of voters come the day itself.

mo60

Any real reason for Trump campaign to release material in September, as opposed to now or October? Surely they'd have started releasing it during August if they had a vast amount of material, or leave it til October if it was truly shocking, so that it was fresh in the minds of voters come the day itself.

Maybe they are releasing what they have starting in september because most people start focusing on the election by then.

I think Newt was just referring to their general negative election strategy for September. Nothing really new, just the way they're saying it.

Manbaby at it again:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 11h11 hours ago
I have been drawing very big and enthusiastic crowds, but the media refuses to show or discuss them. Something very big is happening!

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 10h10 hours ago
Crooked Hillary is flooding the airwaves with false and misleading ads - all paid for by her bosses on Wall Street. Media is protecting her!

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 9h9 hours ago
I heard that @Morning_Joe was very nice on Friday but that little Donny D, a big failure in TV (& someone I helped), was nasty. Irrelevant!

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/trump-voter-registration-republican-battleground-227216

In Pennsylvania — where Democrats’ registration advantage has fallen by a fifth since the 2012 election to 915,000 voters — more than 85,000 former Democrats have become Republicans this year, almost three times the number of voters who made the opposite switch.

More concerning for Democrats should be Florida, where the party’s registration advantage has shrunk to 259,000 voters — less than half what it was during the 2012 election.

Florida, like North Carolina, has seen a surge in independent voter registrations in recent years, but in a crucial swing state with a large and growing minority population, the shrinking advantage is nonetheless disappointing.

So far this year, Florida Republicans have added close to 70,000 more voters to their rolls than Democrats have. “That [change], especially when you’re talking about a state that Obama carried by less than 100,000 votes last time, could be significant,” said Cauvillon, the Louisiana pollster.

The Florida number is concerning because with the Hispanic and Latino population there I would have expected to see a surge. Another reason why the DNC under DWS was just truly truly awful and incompetent.

thebloo

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/trump-voter-registration-republican-battleground-227216

The Florida number is concerning because with the Hispanic and Latino population there I would have expected to see a surge. Another reason why the DNC under DWS was just truly truly awful and incompetent.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't usually the goal to get people registered to vote, aware of when the vote is and encouraging them to spread the word? Rather than just registering them as D.

mo60

I think Hilary will do really well in PA and FL this time. I do not expect Hilary to win FL by double digits because FL kinda leans towards republicans a bit still unlike some of the other traditional swing states.Hilary will destroy Trump in the suburbs of PA especially around Philly and win the state probably by 10 points so I am not worried about PA either.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't usually the goal to get people registered to vote, aware of when the vote is and encouraging them to spread the word? Rather than just registering them as D.

You want to build in registrations because they give you a good pool of likely voters to touch in the ground game. When you get newly registered voters as Democrats or Republicans they are also more likely to vote straight ticket.

I think Hilary will do really well in PA and FL this time. I do not expect Hilary to win FL by double digits because FL kinda leans towards republicans a bit unlike some of the other traditional swing states.Hilary will destroy Trump in the suburbs of Pa especially around Philly and win the state probably by 10 poimts so I am not worried about PA either.

PA she will do well, FL will be close again I think.

mo60

You want to build in registrations because they give you a good pool of likely voters to touch in the ground game. When you get newly registered voters as Democrats or Republicans they are also more likely to vote straight ticket.

PA she will do well, FL will be close again I think.
I can see her winning FL by as much as Bush won it in 04 at this point which was around 5 points if I recall.

If Trump is going to shit on the press non-stop here on out, he surely knows the media is going to give it back to him. Hard. Anyone wanting to make a claim that everyone goes easy on Clinton is a big fat liar. Take that list of 100 "what ifs" from the past page as a good example of similar, relatively minor things on their own that she gets hounded for, but Trump has managed to slide in despite all of them. And yet he still complains.

What does he expect, anyway? His campaign is being run by Breitbart, the un-journalism poster child of internet media. Traditional, actual media with actual writers and professionals on payroll aren't going to put up with being flattened so easily. Besides the jobs of government, "the press" is the only other occupation defined in the constitution as being directly essential to our country. It's serious business.

And yes, god, they're completely allowed to go after Clinton. It's their damn jobs. But when directly threatened by Trump personally and millions of his followers it's understandable that they're going to take that extra personally. Admittedly it puts them in an odd spot of trying to be objective while people attending the events you're covering scream and threaten you. Do not envy anyone covering the Trump campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom