• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebloo

Adam // Aug 22, 2016 at 9:03 am

I really don’t get Gravis. Do they even try to be respected in their polling? I know it can be hard to defend positions on a random sample, and perceived bias in sample sizes from the masses.

But what kills credibility when they do things like include Jill Stein on an NC state poll, when she will not be on the ballot, here. Seriously, Gravis, just do your basic homework to be held in any sort of regard.

Adam?

Zereta

You know props to that kid for taking such an interest in politics at a young age even if it's for a terrible many like Drumpf.

It bothers me that this kid is learning at a young age that it is okay to hate, be angry and discriminate, to be rude, to lie.

Yes, the interest in politics is applaudable but parents who truly care about the next generation, even if they think Trump is the second coming of Christ, should know better.

Maledict

You know props to that kid for taking such an interest in politics at a young age even if it's for a terrible many like Trump.

No, no props. no props at all. What sort of parents are encouraging their kid to get embroiled in a white nationalist movement at the age of 12? This is a tragedy not something to be praised.

I don't give the youth wing of the KKK props either.

Based on everything we've seen of these candidates I have no idea why anyone would expect the debates to shift anything, or if they did, why it would be a shift towards Trump.

Diablos

There was a guy on CNN (forgot the name, designation) who says he has email proof from powell's staff saying powell advised hillary to use private email.

He said his article is going up on newsweek website later today.
Meh. I doubt Powell will ever endorse at this rate

Boke1879

Based on everything we've seen of these candidates I have no idea why anyone would expect the debates to shift anything, or if they did, why it would be a shift towards Trump.

I think some people are afraid or expecting that Trump could surprise us at the first debate and that'll somehow shift everything.

ampere

bro didn't you watch the GOP primary debates

when Trump talks about his dick ppl gonna be like "ok him, gotta consider him now"

Biden had to worry about #optics and the perception of bullying poor dumbass Sarah.

My memory doesn't really go back that far but I don't think she won that anyway even with the low low expectations.

Dierce

It was sort like Palin and that the bar is extreme low for him.

This is exactly what will happen. Before the debate the monsters that support orange turd will prop up their fascist overlord by accusing Clinton of everything he is. The day before the first debate they will inundate the media with claims that everything Clinton says is a lie and that she is a bully and of course, the 'crooked' bullshit. All these things apply to orange turd 100 fucking percent of the time and to hell with his imbecilic and deranged followers who don't realize it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Biden had to worry about #optics and the perception of bullying poor dumbass Sarah.

My memory doesn't really go back that far but I don't think she won that anyway even with the low low expectations.

Nah, pretty sure everyone agreed she lost despite not tripping over her own shoes.

I vaguely remember watching that debate and Biden looked bored.

She basically got a We Try Harder award for it. There was some positive coverage due to lowered expectations but it was still clear Biden won on the merits and the whole thing was a wash, as VP debates generally are.

I'm just flat out getting bored of this election. I want it over. I think we know these two candidates backwards and forwards and two and a half additional months aren't going to really change people's opinions.

It's getting to that point with me too.

But the annoyance factor overwhelms any other aspect of this election. Trump's actual beliefs and politics are a distant second. My 5 year old and his friends who do not stop talking ever are like Obama compared to that overgrown rat fuck.

Trump's expectations coming into the debates is completely different. He has to look "tough" against someone who he has insulted and demonized. He has to go in and get big hits, his entire campaign is based on being the toughest guy on any issue. If he can't stand up to frail and dying Hillary what argument does he have left.

According to a poll of uncommitted voters conducted immediately after the debate by CBS News and the former Knowledge Network, 46% thought Senator Biden won the debate, 21% thought Governor Palin had won, and 33% thought it was a tie. Fox News Channel held a poll regarding the performance of each candidate, with 51% of the votes in favor of Biden, and 39% in favor of Palin. The Opinion Research Corporation's poll on the debate revealed that 51% of viewers felt Biden had won, while 36% were in favor of Palin. In the same poll, 87% said Biden was capable of fulfilling the duties of the vice presidency, while 42% said Palin was capable. Palin was considered more likable however, scoring 54% to Biden's 36%. Mark Halperin of Time graded both candidates' performances a B.

There was no consensus that Palin won the debate. Biden was seen to be the winner. She just managed to not make herself look wore. That's the best Trump can hope for, and I doubt he manages to meet that very low bar.

GutsOfThor

It's getting to that point with me too.

But the annoyance factor overwhelms any other aspect of this election. Trump's actual beliefs and politics are a distant second. My 5 year old and his friends who do not stop talking ever are like Obama compared to that overgrown rat fuck.

I've already reached this point. Just so sick of this shit already and want it to be over.

Slayven

Trump's expectations coming into the debates is completely different. He has to look "tough" against someone who he has insulted and demonized. He has to go in and get big hits, his entire campaign is based on being the toughest guy on any issue. If he can't stand up to frail and dying Hillary what argument does he have left.

I expect him to be making faces and talking over Hillary.

DONALD J. TRUMP STATEMENT ON CLINTON FOUNDATION: SHUT IT DOWN

Hillary Clinton is the defender of the corrupt and rigged status quo. The Clintons have spent decades as insiders lining their own pockets and taking care of donors instead of the American people. It is now clear that the Clinton Foundation is the most corrupt enterprise in political history. What they were doing during Crooked Hillary’s time as Secretary of State was wrong then, and it is wrong now. It must be shut down immediately.
– Donald J. Trump

BORING!

Trump is very charitable. The most charitable. He makes many donations, just not with his money. Remember?
Many of the foundation’s donations centered around Trump’s business endeavors. It made contributions to the American Cancer Society, the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute—which all held events at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach. The foundation’s second-largest donation on the list went to the charity of a man who settled a suit with one of the billionaire's golf courses after he was denied a hole-in-one prize. It also listed a donation valued at $1,136.56 to “Serena Williams Group” last year, though a spokeswoman for Williams told the Post the money went toward giving the tennis champion a free ride on Trump’s plane to a ribbon-cutting ceremony at a Virginia golf course and a free framed photo of herself.

Beyond simple monetary donations, the investigation found that free rounds of golf and other assorted giveaways for auctions and raffles accounted for much of his charitable giving. Of the 4,844 donations Trump claims he made, the Post found that 2,900 of those were gratis rounds of golf, 175 hotel stays, 165 meals, and 11 spa gift certificates.

Maledict

Attacking a charity with a scream of corruption is basically handing Hillary an automatic rifle and an extended magazine of attacks to fire right back.

What the fuck is the Trump campaign doing?

Playing to his far right base. They believe every word in that statement - to the core. Notice how every single mention of the Clintons in politics references the 'Clinton Machine'. The right always accuses its opponents of being what the right is.

Chichikov

Lmao, this is literally straight out of Late Night with Stephen Colbert:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...ear-old-running-trump-campaign-office-in-colo
The Onion strikes again.

rP88tak.jpg

00XOwrQ.png

Holmes

Yeah, it sounds like Powell doesn't want a visit from the FBI so he's trying to distance himself from the issue, even though Powell's office confirmed what Clinton said.

Bowdz

There was no consensus that Palin won the debate. Biden was seen to be the winner. She just managed to not make herself look wore. That's the best Trump can hope for, and I doubt he manages to meet that very low bar.

Lmao at Halperin giving both a B. Once a scrub, always a scrub.

Also, can someone in the media please bring up the massive conflict of interest that the Trump Organization represents if Trump is elected president? Pretty much every issue that is brought up concerning the Clinton Foundation applies doubly to the Trump Organization (porous lines of connections, familial ties, overseas interests) except I've never heard it brought up in media conversation. What happens if Trump is elected president? Will his children still run the company? Will co-workers he trusts run the company? How is that not a conflict of interest?

Trump accuses the Clinton Foundation of being corrupt, but has continually refused to show his own personal finances and further open up the finances of the Trump Organization (and the ones he has opened up already show massive discrepancies between the reported FEC value and the tax value). The point that Clintonites should make is that if Trump thinks the Clinton Foundation should be shut down if Hillary is elected, then he should also pledge to shut down the Trump Organization for similar concerns. To quote one of our favorite politicians, what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Yeah, it sounds like Powell doesn't want a visit from the FBI so he's trying to distance himself from the issue, even though Powell's office confirmed what Clinton said.

And the fact that all the emails he had are gone, iirc the FBI/State department never got them after he left.

Which considering the time period is convenient

Bradd JaffyVerified account
‏@BraddJaffy
Trump's campaign manager tells @HallieJackson that debate was discussed in strategy meetings, but "classic debate prep doesn't apply to him"

Of course.

Trump implies Morning Joe and Mika are having an affair.

Trump calls Clinton Foundation most corrupt enterprise in political history.

PIVOT!

It's been reported that they're in a relationship, after Mika divorced her husband.

classic debate prep doesnt apply to him.

L O L

Hope he gets asked about nuclear triad again

"we have the best triad, and i intend to supply even more triads to our troops, who obama has betrayed be being the founder of isis"

Trump having control over his Twitter is so much more interesting than when they took his phone away.

Bradd JaffyVerified account
‏@BraddJaffy
Trump's campaign manager tells @HallieJackson that debate was discussed in strategy meetings, but "classic debate prep doesn't apply to him"

LOL, but he's not wrong. He's not interested in the details and he's 100% about playing the moderator and the crowd. Any debate prep that focuses on providing timely answers is going to be a loser with him.

His entire debate prep should be how to be pugilistic without crossing a very precarious line in which he'll come off as bullying a woman.

That ad someone posted from Facebook of trump talking about roughing up protestors over 1960s civil rights imagery is still the best attack ad from the cycle. Somebody needs to run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom