• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't be able to play these moderators and crowds though. These aren't Trumpeters and toothless Blitzers and the format isn't going to allow him to freewheel. If he rambles incoherently through his 2 minutes answer time or his 1 minute response time it's gone.

gcubed

He won't be able to play these moderators and crowds though. These aren't Trumpeters and toothless Blitzers and the format isn't going to allow him to freewheel. If he rambles incoherently through his 2 minutes answer time or his 1 minute response time it's gone.

if anyone is actually scared of Trump in a debate... i can't really come up with an answer to that. Its just ludicrous.

I can't wait for a moment in the debate when he has two minutes to answer a question, says one outrageous line and the waits for nonexistent applause.

Boke1879

Yall need to accept the email situation won't go away because it's the ONLY thing anyone can really attack her on. It's just going to always be there. Quite frankly I think people are tired of hearing about it.

Yall need to accept the email situation won't go away because it's the ONLY thing anyone can really attack her on. It's just going to always be there. Quite frankly I think people are tired of hearing about it.

Exactly. This is all they have, so of course they won't let it go. Trump gives them 90 things a day to talk about. The emails are totally, 100% baked in. There is polling that shows people no longer care. Those that do care aren't voting for her anyway.

Emarv

I hope the inevitable Game Change 2 gives me some insight into Hope Hicks. Every other major Trump adviser has shown themselves or at least given some insight into what obvious caricature they are, except Hope. She's been the one constant throughout every campaign leader and her history is just so fascinating.

Tell me who you are, Hope! Tell me!

White Democrats became less racist after Obama's election.

CqUmQ9HWYAAAG5x.jpg

CqUmUG4XEAA4MT6.jpg

Probably from the few racist Southerners left in the party leaving the party to become Republicans I think, but haven't read the article yet and that's just a guess.

http://ann.sagepub.com/content/667/1/50.full.pdf+html

White Democrats became less racist after Obama's election.

CqUmQ9HWYAAAG5x.jpg

CqUmUG4XEAA4MT6.jpg

Probably from the few racist Southerners left in the party leaving the party to become Republicans I think, but haven't read the article yet and that's just a guess.

http://ann.sagepub.com/content/667/1/50.full.pdf+html
People leaving is what I thought, too, but that would have to be a large number of people switching parties. I think attitudes really did change in the Democratic party.

Emarv

I had no idea Mika and Joe were a thing. Thanks Donald Trump for bringing tabloid gossip to the national forefront.

They were always a rumored thing, but a few months ago when they were both divorced, the rumors became stronger and a video of them kinda/sorta flirting on the show pushed the rumors to the forefront.

I mean, of course this is something Trump knows and something that occupies his time when he's running for president.

The dems are playing with house money right now.

They have 270 in their pocket, they can walk away and still have the election.

You fucking get money by playing with house money, this is when you bet big and go for it.

daedalius

Democrats struggling with "270 is enough" or "we want a landslide"

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/democrats-clinton-victory-227253

Mandate means nothing in this polarized congress. Those republicans don't care how many EVs she wins by, they will still stop her at every turn.

Flipping the house/senate is really the only way to go.

Geez, those soundbites from Trump. "I WOULD BOMB THE SHIT OUT OF THEM" totally what I want to hear my president say...

thebloo

The problem is why compete for 6 EV in Utah if that doesn't help the House. Or Missouri (ok a bit different). Or course they want more seats, but there's a calculus to what they can win and risk losing by overstretching.

Yeah, it's in the article. Do you win Utah by 1 (and lose a lot of districts in a red state) or do you run up the score in Pennsylvania to +10 and win more districts there?

While the article gives an impression about playing it safe, it's more about EV vs Senate/House.

Crocodile

Link

The Autumn Wind
Yeah, the smart strategy would be to put most of your resources into the swing states. Sure, throw some money at Georgia, Missouri, etc, but go for broke in the swing states.

So, I'm of the mindset you put your resources into the swing states. If you want to throw a little bit at Georgia, Arizona and Texas, that's fine. No ad buys, just ground stuff. That has the potential to help you win, and it also helps down ballot. However, if opening and office in Georgia comes at the expense of a paid staffer in Ohio, Florida or Nevada. Sorry girl, no. I'd be playing it safe, in that Hillary has multiple paths already. There are a plethora of combinations that get her to 270. We're not talking about 2004 where the path was Ohio.

Secondly, I posted the ad early, and I've been thinking about it a bit, especially with that Tweet. I think Hillary's people are doing something smart and really subtle: use the pivot against him. Reinforce the fact that he actually had to pivot, and then reinforce how dangerous that is. How can we have a President who will just say "Oops, my bad" if he fucks something up.

People's ELBOW on that bitch:

Donny Deutsch ‏@DonnyDeutsch 5h5 hours ago
Donny Deutsch Retweeted Donald J. Trump
Tune in this November to a Special Election Edition of @biggestlosernbc starring Little Donny T..#mustseetv

Trump's tweet:

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
I heard that @Morning_Joe was very nice on Friday but that little Donny D, a big failure in TV (& someone I helped), was nasty. Irrelevant!

Crisco

Banned
I love how all his tweets about media start with "I heard", as if we don't know he's constantly sitting in front of his TV like a meth addict looking for a fix.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So, I'm of the mindset you put your resources into the swing states. If you want to throw a little bit at Georgia, Arizona and Texas, that's fine. No ad buys, just ground stuff. That has the potential to help you win, and it also helps down ballot. However, if opening and office in Georgia comes at the expense of a paid staffer in Ohio, Florida or Nevada. Sorry girl, no. I'd be playing it safe, in that Hillary has multiple paths already. There are a plethora of combinations that get her to 270. We're not talking about 2004 where the path was Ohio.

Secondly, I posted the ad early, and I've been thinking about it a bit, especially with that Tweet. I think Hillary's people are doing something smart and really subtle: use the pivot against him. Reinforce the fact that he actually had to pivot, and then reinforce how dangerous that is. How can we have a President who will just say "Oops, my bad" if he fucks something up.

I mean, if the swing states aren't swinging anymore then you'd be better off not wasting money there.

HylianTom

Banned
He's making her argument too damn easy. Every time he breaks off of script in this manner - no matter how many times his campaign insists that he's "new & improved!" - he adds evidence to the case she's making. With every odd or asinine comment, he makes her "bait with a tweet" line ring that much more true.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
If they really have a chance for the house, go for it. But if it's more of a pipe dream, making some inroads in these light red states might have more long-term benefits. Not to mention, Trump needs to be humiliated, not just beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom