• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maledict

And even Politico is running the story that Colorado is out of reach for Trump already. Given that Colorado was the 2012 'tipping point' state for Obama that put him over the top that's got to be good news for Hillary.

CCS

Banned
And even Politico is running the story that Colorado is out of reach for Trump already. Given that Colorado was the 2012 'tipping point' state for Obama that put him over the top that's got to be good news for Hillary.

Trump has pretty much only one path open to him at this point, and it's barely viable.

Maledict

Yep - I'm just pleased because locking away battleground states this early generally indicates a big win. The same happened in 2008 when Michigan was put out of play for McCain before the final stretch.

watershed

Banned
I wish I had the confidence to consider any battleground state locked up but I think we're just too far away from November still. Is the entire GOP just going to pack up and go home and give up the GE? Well maybe that's already happening in different ways.

I wish I had the confidence to consider any battleground state locked up but I think we're just too far away from November still. Is the entire GOP just going to pack up and go home and give up the GE? Well maybe that's already happening in different ways.

They aren't going to pack up and go home, but they could well give up on the idea of winning the white house and just focus on holding onto as many seats as they can everywhere else. I doubt they're too far away from adopting that strategy. Things won't need to get much worse for that to become the approach I'd guess.

So the "top-secret footage" of the money for Iran Trump mentioned (and some assumed was part of the classified briefing) was actually footage of the hostages in Switzerland.

TRUMPSTER FIRE.

Maledict

It has happened before, but agree it's unusual. It means the data they are getting in their internals, voter registration efforts etc is so strong they are 99% sure of it. Given that Hillary has cash on hand, and is an incredibly risk averse politician, it says something that they are already leaving the state.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Gamechanger:

BTW, Megyn Kelly has become a voice of reason on Fox News.

My favorite part of Hannity's comment is that he obviously visualizes himself as Trump's coach, mentor, and guidance counselor.

watershed

Banned
They aren't going to pack up and go home, but they could well give up on the idea of winning the white house and just focus on holding onto as many seats as they can everywhere else. I doubt they're too far away from adopting that strategy. Things won't need to get much worse for that to become the approach I'd guess.
Yes this was the doomsday scenario even before Trump officially won the nom, to focus on down ticket races and give members the freedom to burn Trump if that's what it takes to survive. We are seeing some of this already. I guess it's just hard for me to imagine the Republican party saying ok Hillary, person we loathe, take it. Plus I just don't trust polls this far out.

Diablos

Ugh MSNBC still talking about Iran. Shut uppppp

Nice poll numbers. As previously stated I wish we could just wake up tomorrow and it's like Nov 1

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Ugh MSNBC still talking about Iran. Shut uppppp

Nice poll numbers. As previously stated I wish we could just wake up tomorrow and it's like Nov 1
On November 1 you will be Chernobylesque so watch what you wish for.

Like I said on the OT thread that was locked, I feel like I COMPLETELY misunderstood Gran Torino after the recent Clint Eastwood comments.

I had read it (well, back then) as a movie about an old man coming to grips with the reality and the struggle that a minority family faces in the country. It felt almost like an autobiographical movie. It felt personal.

Then Clint talked to a chair, of course, but that was easy enough to dismiss as a separate thing.

Now his recent comments explicitly referencing the movie... I must have completely missed its point.

Ha, my buddy and I got into a big argument about Gran Torino. He felt like it was about an old guy coming around to diversity and how it was possible to break the cycle of violence with nonviolence. I thought it was, at best, about dividing immigrants into "the good ones" and "bad ones," and how the immigrants who properly internalize this message get rewarded with classic American cars. With a side helping of "conservatives must teach liberal pussies not to be physical cowards." Given Eastwood's comments, I feel vindicated.

Measley

The media will continue to claim that PA, VA, and Colorado are toss ups until election day.

However this is a good thing. People need to think that there's a chance for a Trump presidency, and they'll come out in droves to beat him.

Guys it's waaaaay too early to start predicting landslides.

We're still over three months from election day and yes Republicans aren't just going to sit on their hands for over 90 days and cede the election to Hilary. They're going to fight tooth and claw to try to hang on to the House and Senate.

The GOP is going into the final 100 days at a significant disadvantage, but they're only down by 7-10 points in most polls. If they can chip away about 4-5 points in the next 45 days or so, then we still have a ball game.

The big thing for GOP is to stop the bleeding. That's why they're freaking out right now. They're trying to avoid having Trump's campaign go beyond the Event Horizon. But I don't think he'll reach the point of no return unless he keeps the current slide through August and early September, and ends up being 15-20 points down in national polls.

gcubed

johnson constantly at 8-9% and stein constantly at 2-3% is weird. will that hold up through the election? i have a feeling the johnson voters are republicans, which would make downballot voting look the same as always. of course, trump voters could be first-timers or one-time voters that don't care as much or know as much about other parts of the election.

Doubtful Stein pulls much beyond 1, I can see Johnson being GOP voters, which is going to throw off all the polling assumptions that like to toss around Dem +6 = y house seats, because it's not going to really be Dem +6.

Diablos

Happy birthday Obama. And Y2Kev. Pretty awesome that you share your bday with the Pres.

Miami-Dade begins aerial spraying to combat Zika. Can't wait for Alex Jones to tell us what's really in the spray.

Diablos

Newt's backpeddling is truly unbelievable. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall and heard the internal fueds in Trump's campaign over the past several days.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Guys it's waaaaay too early to start predicting landslides.

We're still over three months from election day and yes Republicans aren't just going to sit on their hands for over 90 days and cede the election to Hilary. They're going to fight tooth and claw to try to hang on to the House and Senate.

The GOP is going into the final 100 days at a significant disadvantage, but they're only down by 7-10 points in most polls. If they can chip away about 4-5 points in the next 45 days or so, then we still have a ball game.

The big thing for GOP is to stop the bleeding. That's why they're freaking out right now. They're trying to avoid having Trump's campaign go beyond the Event Horizon. But I don't think he'll reach the point of no return unless he keeps the current slide through August and early September, and ends up being 15-20 points down in national polls.

Most reasonable post in the thread.

My guess is the GOP soon decides the presidency is a lost cause and starts encouraging republicans to come out as anti-Trump.

Brinbe

Ooooh shit, goddamn @ that NH poll. I feel like there's more of that to come too. That's at least two paths to 270 locked down now. Assuming PA/VA/NM holds, NH or NV put her over the top. So great to see Trump having the predicted effect down ticket too. Dems'll be eating this Nov.

My favorite part of Hannity's comment is that he obviously visualizes himself as Trump's coach, mentor, and guidance counselor.

O'Reilly is always giving advice to Trump when he's on his show.

I bet everyone Trump talks to tries to give him advice or coach him, he's so inept. It probably drives him nuts and ends up making him push everyone away.

Teggy

Manafort and Pierson sitting in a tree...

kelly cohen
kelly cohen‏ @politiCOHEN_

paul manafort said on @GMA today that the “policies of obama & clinton” caused the “suffering” of khan family. humayun khan died in 2004.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

kelly cohen

paul manafort said on @GMA today that the “policies of obama & clinton” caused the “suffering” of khan family. humayun khan died in 2004.
I need the video of this

CCS

Banned

kelly cohen

Beyond parody at this point.

watershed

Banned

kelly cohen

I thought he was supposed to be Trump's reasonable advisor. Don't tell me he believes in time travel too. Or maybe this is what mailing it in looks like.

effzee

kelly cohen

See Pierson I can see making this mistake. Time and time again she has proven to be nuts and not really on her game. In fact I don't know how or why she was hired. What is she good at doing for her candidates?

But Manafort is supposed to be some political savant. Or maybe that only works in countries "electing" dictators.

My favorite part of Hannity's comment is that he obviously visualizes himself as Drumpf's coach, mentor, and guidance counselor.

Is there video of this? Or just that tweet from Fox News?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

There have been very few ads here in Colorado that I've seen. I've seen some for Clinton (Both Campaign and Pac), but I have seen none for Trump. That being said though, both Trump and Pence have made trips here in the last week. They seem to think they have a shot.

If I'm reading this right, they have the racial break down as

RACE. Which of the following categories best describes your racial background?
93% White
7% Non-white

And she's still winning. By a lot.

Also

Philadelphia 83% 7%

Philly you da real MVP.

Also

Dat gender gap doe

Female 58% 27%

Clinton is winning in the Northeast by 13, which is a welcome surprise. That's the region I live in.

What a great day!

That NH poll is way better than I could have hoped for.
It's Kev's birthday. (Happy birthday, btw)
And I got stitches for the first time in my life.

And it's 9am so we have time for Trump to do a lot of stupid shit. Don't let me down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom