• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Says who?

Harambe's ghost, who speaks to me in the quiet time when magic is real and the barrier between this world and the next breaks down before the rising sun casts the ghosts of the dead back beyond the veil so that we may safely walk the Earth once more.

You guys can laugh at Christie manservant jokes all your lives but he deserves a medal for destroying Rubio.
Christie died for our sins.

It was like in a movie where the villain's lackey has a sudden change of heart and suicide-kills the biggest threat.

I mean not exactly considering Christie is rolling with Trump now but eh.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
Also a Washington Post writer really phoning in an article. I swear he couldn't have buried that lede any deeper in there if he tried.

I saw you complaining about this in the OT thread. You're being silly. The story here is that 14,900 emails were uncovered during the course of the FBI investigation, and those will now be processed and released to the public.

The WaPo story began:

WaPo said:
The FBI’s year-long investigation of Hillary Clinton’s private email server uncovered 14,900 emails and documents from her time as secretary of state that had not been disclosed by her attorneys, and a federal judge on Monday pressed the State Department to begin releasing emails sooner than mid-October as it planned.

Which is exactly what's newsworthy here. You want to pretend the news here is what Comey said a month ago, which, as I said, is silly. It's August, not July.

hawk2025

mAUeTi.png

Something to think about.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I saw you complaining about this in the OT thread. You're being silly. The story here is that 14,900 emails were uncovered during the course of the FBI investigation, and those will now be processed and released to the public.

The WaPo story began:

Which is exactly what's newsworthy here. You want to pretend the news here is what Comey said a month ago, which, as I said, is silly. It's August, not July.

No, I'm saying the fact they're being released due to the lawsuit is the newsworthy thing. The Judicial Watch lawsuit, which is the entire reason this is happening, isn't mentioned until like half-way into the story.

thebloo

Cruz will be top3 in 2020. Mark it down. He and Kasich were the only ones to get out alive and Kasich is too fucking boring to win.

If Rubio had sat his ass out this time, he would have been a shoe-in for 2020. Maybe even gotten a clue by then.

Metaphoreus

No, I'm saying the fact they're being released due to the lawsuit is the newsworthy thing. The Judicial Watch lawsuit, which is the entire reason this is happening, isn't mentioned until like half-way into the story.

How is that the story? Who cares why the emails are being released? And how does the mention of a "federal judge" in the first paragraph not provide enough information to understand that this is happening because of a lawsuit?

thebloo

How is that the story? Who cares why the emails are being released? And how does the mention of a "federal judge" in the first paragraph not provide enough information to understand that this is happening because of a lawsuit?

So, what is the story? That during the 4 years of using an email she deleted some or not moved them between devices? And the FBI went through them line by line.

So, what exactly is the story? I'm not joking, what is the bad thing?

I think Kasich would have a good shot at beating Clinton. It's interesting to discuss in the sense that we're witnessing a very weird, one-in-a-generation race between Clinton and arguably the worst candidate in modern history (Trump). Take that away, give her a decent/sane opponent, and this would be an entirely different race. A lot of election metrics favor republicans, yet they nominated a completely un-electable candidate.

Hillary Clinton is one of the most disliked, least trusted candidates in recent memory. Running her against someone as calm and "likable" as Kasich would be interesting and create a very different election narrative (with the media fully on board for Kasich). I could see a 285 to 253 victory for Hillary, where Kasich carries Ohio and Florida.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think Kasich would have a good shot at beating Clinton. It's interesting to discuss in the sense that we're witnessing a very weird, one-in-a-generation race between Clinton and arguably the worst candidate in modern history (Trump). Take that away, give her a decent/sane opponent, and this would be an entirely different race. A lot of election metrics favor republicans, yet they nominated a completely un-electable candidate.

Hillary Clinton is one of the most disliked, least trusted candidates in recent memory. Running her against someone as calm and "likable" as Kasich would be interesting and create a very different election narrative (with the media fully on board for Kasich). I could see a 285 to 253 victory for Hillary, where Kasich carries Ohio and Florida.

The debates would have been interesting to watch considering some of the reports from female journalists who covered Kasich. He may have been able to keep his cool or it could have turned into the NY Senate race all over again.

Metaphoreus

So, what is the story? That during the 4 years of using an email she deleted some or not moved them between devices? And the FBI went through them line by line.

So, what exactly is the story? I'm not joking, what is the bad thing?

Who says it's a bad thing? The story is, as one perceptive poster recently noted:

14,900 emails were uncovered during the course of the FBI investigation, and those will now be processed and released to the public.

Debirudog

Hey, Poligaf, longtime lurker and newbie here.

I don't really have much to contribute to the Hillary vs. Kasich fantasy, but I had some friend who touted that he's a "true liberal" and that he would vote for Kasich over the "shill" apparently because he seems decent. He was a Berner so I didn't really try to argue with him.

I don't really like Kasich but if he was able to become the general republican nominee, I would be panicking 24/7 by now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I don't really have much to contribute to the Hillary vs. Kasich fantasy, but I had some friend who touted that he's a "true liberal" and that he would vote for Kasich over the "shill" apparently because he seems decent. He was a Berner so I didn't really try to argue with him.

I don't really like Kasich but if he was able to become the general republican nominee, I would be panicking 24/7 by now.

Kasich was really good at looking more moderate than he actually was. I'd go find that Full Frontal piece that covered his views on abortion, dude was a true believer in a moderate's suit.

The Freedom of Information Act is bullshit and you know it.

Trump delaying immigration speech, not happening thursday. How do i do this flip? How do i land this flop?
giphy.gif

Emarv

This is the most Berner thing I've heard in a while.

Remember Bernie people? Good times, good times...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom