• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrea Tantaros Names O’Reilly, Scott Brown In Sexual Harassment Suit Against Fox
In the lawsuit, Tantaros’ attorney Judd Burstein describes Fox News as a “a sex-fueled, Playboy Mansion-like cult, steeped in intimidation, indecency, and misogyny.”

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kyleblaine...-brown-in-sexual-harrasme?utm_term=.lsZ83kzW9

You know I'm really not surprised if this is true. Wasn't O'Reilly already in trouble previously for making advances on a coworker?

Well, Priorities has been running ads with a negative tone. Hillary's had a split between a few ads building up her plans and the one showing Trump on Letterman. There are negative Hillary ads, but there are no positive Trump ads at all.

The ads I see the most of are the NRA one with Hillary wanting to take your guns, one that cuts between Bill and Hillary, one attacking Trump for making his shit overseas, the unqualified one she recently cut, and then the one with the city skyline saying how she's going to bring back our jerbs.

Iolo

If you read the other tweets about that Ohio panel, they were really really confused about a lot of things.

Irin Carmon ‏@irin 20m20 minutes ago

@Robbyismoi no, it wasn't a focus group, it was a group of women who are friends and made up of a demographic that could be pivotal.

Emarv

I know we already know this, but 2016 is a ridiculous year. Any other year and the Fox News scandal with Ailes and O'Reilly would be the biggest story of the month, if not season.

Urgh, why? Even the Dem candidate for Governor doesn't support her.

She's the titular head of the Democratic party. She made a pledge to have a paid staffer in all 50 states. I mean, it's probably some college kid working out of a dorm or something. Pays him in MacDonalds or something.

Link

The Autumn Wind
She's making a play for the House. Even just one or two districts being flipped in deep red states can be a big help.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The staffer is Bill Clinton.

FormalTatteredAphid-size_restricted.gif

Va Gov really going in on Trump over the African Americans comments on Andrea Mitchells show

Giving a +10 swing for dad, it still shows how strong her fundamentals have gotten in the state. Let's be real-Virginia is the first "southern" state where the urban+suburban cosmopolitan majorities have properly brought the rural voters to heel.

NC and GA are next to go in that same sequence.

"No longer a real Virginia!"

*moves to W. Virginia*

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You know you lurk poligaf too much when you see a thread in OT about North Korea's propaganda netflix program being called "manbang" and think of a joke involving adam booking a vacation.

He never left. He's a "progressive" bottom feeder leaching off of GOP talking points because his hate boner of Clinton is so hard it could cut diamond.
This guy is such a snake. Misleading his audience to think that an indictment with jail time was the only possible outcome of all this is very irresponsible.

Kid Heart

If you read the other tweets about that Ohio panel, they were really really confused about a lot of things.

I found this one rather interesting.

Irin Carmon Verified account
‏@irin

In their cumulative memory, isn't much difference between news content and paid advertising, which makes them skeptical of claims re Trump.

Thinking the news is just like paid advertisements sounds like something a conspiracy nut would say tbh.

Is or will there be a video of this?

It looks like because of the negativity of the ads they don't think it is real even if it is in on the news. I guess it would be hard to sway the people without showing more footage of Donald Trump saying what he is saying( even though they already do), perhaps unedited footage?

I think someone was right; a huge chunk of people do not really know what Donald Trump says or said and if first shown on the news, they may not agree thinking it is the media going against him. I don't know how you would sway people like that. It also confirms that I think it a lot to do with part of his personality, but also the very general and vague idea of making America great again crap. Everyone has their own idea of that which works for Trump, but it only really works for a certain population of people.

Maybe Clinton should have more positive videos of herself about pushing for specific proposals that appeals to different groups less about Trump. The negative ads may not work that much for long.

I found this one rather interesting.

Thinking the news is just like paid advertisements sounds like something a conspiracy nut would say tbh.

More like its ignorance. Since the negative ads are probably using the same content as news channels. Thinking about that, many negative ads have news scenes on them with Trump doing interviews or something like that.

Someone should ask trump why he's having a hard time "getting it up". When he goes crazy defending his virility, they should then sheepishly add in "I meant above 40% in a state poll".

+6 in Ohio. Double digits in VA, FL, PA. Down in NC with the state NC GOP in complete panic.

Rout is on folks.

sphagnum

Banned
There's not really a thread for this but it looks like the Kurds are now in control of Hasakah?

With Syria, Turkey, and Russia against the Kurds and Iran threatening to screw with the nuke deal if the US gets on Syria's tail for protecting the Kurds, I wonder how this is all going to turn out. The Kurds have been surging but I don't think they can hold against so many forces at once if it comes down to it.

There's not really a thread for this but it looks like the Kurds are now in control of Hasakah?

With Syria, Turkey, and Russia against the Kurds and Iran threatening to screw with the nuke deal if the US gets on Syria's tail for protecting the Kurds, I wonder how this is all going to turn out. The Kurds have been surging but I don't think they can hold against so many forces at once if it comes down to it.
There's no hope for Syria and serious, radical change needs to happen in the next 20 years. Iraq is a false country, Syria is a false country, and the Kurds needs their own country. Borders need to be redrawn to certain historical standards. Israeli apartheid needs to end so that attention can stop being drawn. We need to stop taking sides in Sunni-shiite proxy wars and sectarian violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom