• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mo60

So the mandate means nothing I guess.

If hilary wins this election she will get the senate which is still really important. If it ends up closer to some of the historic elections in the last year or so that I watched the house will fall most likely.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
So, I'm reading the 538 chat thing and they brought up something interesting.

If Hillary flat out apologizes (again) for the emails, and something else negative comes to light, that may be more damaging than sticking by your original apology and story. I think this actually makes a lot of sense, in a way.

The whole chat is interesting enough, but it proves that Harry is the best person at 538.

I was about to link to it, because they definitely do not mince words in that chat - they're pretty blunt and introspective about the whole thing.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/has-the-hillary-clinton-campaign-been-lucky-or-good/

Harry's quote also implies that Clinton maybe knows/fears/is worried that there is probably way worse shit potentially in there (which makes sense based on the WaPo story originally about why the separate email acct came about) - which is why her answer may be so consistently shitty w/r/t the whole topic (and is also why everyone in the DNC is super panicky about whatever potential wikileaks may have). If she is afraid that there is something else not good (which...w/r/t 30k emails, I think most people would be worried) - then you don't want to do what Weiner (something she knows due to the personal connection) did and self-destruct that way.

But, I keep pointing out to them that there's Trump, and basically, even if Clinton's national favorability goes down because she likes self-inflicting wounds on herself / the DNC is still radically incompetent, her (state based) voting numbers tend to remain stubborn in spite of small national swings, because people really just hate Trump even if they hate Clinton, and people in swing states may be thinking about their presidential votes more carefully than folks not in swing states.

thebloo

I don't know if anyone posted this here yet, but the NYT recently released an article about the chances of clinton winning in a landslide in this election
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/24/us/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-polls.html?_r=0

The article has almost no substance. A bunch of what-ifs based on nothing and comparisons to Perot, whereas Johnson is far from being that popular.

Is there any basis for people voting against her because polls show her winning?

Joeytj

Banned
Saw this posted on facebook, can someone explain what the fuck it means, cause I can't.

Screen_Shot_2016_08_23_at_4_22_45_PM.jpg

I think it means that, nobody cares about flooded areas of Louisiana where white people live? Even though there are plenty of black people there too?

And they think that the National Guard and good samaritans are all white?

Don't asks us to decipher Crazy Racist Speak.

Debirudog

Ah, I remember reading about democrats hating Johnson and being even more controversial than Clinton. Accusations of being called a corporate sellout

Look how that turned out domestic-wise.

If hilary wins this election she will get the senate which is still really important. If it ends up closer to some of the historic elections in the last year or so that I watched the house will fall most likely.

My main concern at this point is if Clinton is capable of leading the country through the shit Trump has wrought, all the ignorance and hate and mistrust of every major institution of this country. We desperately need a leader like that.

Luckily Obama will have two months of speeches to help repair the damage, but we really honestly literally need the best President we've ever had to get America through to the other side of this, I think.

Forget JRPGs. I want to know whether or not each candidate has played all-time great RPG Fallout: New Vegas, and if so, which faction they decided to back.

Though, thinking about it, Hillary is obviously NCR because she believes that the bureaucracy is an imperfect thing, but that it is the best way to bring about peace and, ultimately, freedom.

Trump is Legion. He'd totally be for enslaving the browns and using military force to terrorize locals.

Gary Johnson would be for an independent New Vegas. He'd totally overlook that practically, there would be no one to protect Hoover Dam and that the Fiends would just use their missile launchers that they are legally allowed to own to terrorize the poors. He'd just be like, "Hey, that's what the Followers of the Apocalypse are for - if people need health care or safety, they should look to charity."

Dr. Jill Stein is too dumb to get out of Goodsprings, I'm sure.

Harambe would stop playing after he found Jacobstown and the Super Mutants accepted him as a fellow outcast that is Too Good for this Sinful Earth.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
My main concern at this point is if Clinton is capable of leading the country through the shit Trump has wrought, all the ignorance and hate and mistrust of every major institution of this country. We desperately need a leader like that.

Luckily Obama will have two months of speeches to help repair the damage, but we really honestly literally need the best President we've ever had to get America through to the other side of this, I think.

The hate and mistrust of each other and major institutions is something that has been happening since the 90s - Trump is a symptom of what has already happened, not the creator. I mean, if you are under the age of 35...your view of politics tends to start around middle school / high school, which means you've basically seen close to 20 years of obstruction and a system (government and corporate) that cares far more about winning than the consequences associated with the mentality. Unsurprisingly, people growing up in that era basically don't trust anyone.

mo60

Things will definitely be chaotic after the election no matter how much hilary will win by. I think the main thing people in the US need to do is to make sure hilary wins by a huge enough margin that trump probably won't be justified in using the election was rigged arguement.

The hate and mistrust of each other and major institutions is something that has been happening since the 90s - Trump is a symptom of what has already happened, not the creator. I mean, if you are under the age of 35...your view of politics tends to start around middle school / high school, which means you've basically seen close to 20 years of obstruction and a system (government and corporate) that cares far more about winning than the consequences associated with the mentality. Unsurprisingly, people growing up in that era basically don't trust anyone.

I disagree. There has never been a major presidential campaign that put forth the idea that the media and the system was responsible for a loss. SUPPORTERS of campaigns have said this, but Mitt Romney, shocked as he was, never said the system was rigged, never said there was an engine of falsity designed to squelch the voices of the defeated's supporters.

This is not the same. I've been around for much longer than "the" "90s".

Forget JRPGs. I want to know whether or not each candidate has played all-time great RPG Fallout: New Vegas, and if so, which faction they decided to back.

Though, thinking about it, Hillary is obviously NCR because she believes that the bureaucracy is an imperfect thing, but that it is the best way to bring about peace and, ultimately, freedom.

Trump is Legion. He'd totally be for enslaving the browns and using military force to terrorize locals.

Gary Johnson would be for an independent New Vegas. He'd totally overlook that practically, there would be no one to protect Hoover Dam and that the Fiends would just use their missile launchers that they are legally allowed to own to terrorize the poors. He'd just be like, "Hey, that's what the Followers of the Apocalypse are for - if people need health care or safety, they should look to charity."

Dr. Jill Stein is too dumb to get out of Goodsprings, I'm sure.

Harambe would stop playing after he found Jacobstown and the Super Mutants accepted him as a fellow outcast that is Too Good for this Sinful Earth.
I never got into Fallout. Not my cup of tea.

I never got into Fallout. Not my cup of tea.

I actually get that. Fallout and Fallout 2 are tough to play in modern times if you didn't play them in the late '90s. Those old CRPGs would all benefit from being remade in 3D.

Fallout 3 and 4 are Bethesda's idea of Fallout, which is more about pew-pew in a giant post-apocalyptic theme park. I won't go so far as to say that 4 is a bad game, but it is a bad RPG.

New Vegas melds the awesome RPG elements from Fallout and Fallout 2 with fun 3D open-world gameplay and is the king of all Fallout games and also the king of all RPGs maybe, I'd have to think about it, but I'm leaning toward crowning it.

impirius

"But President Kimball and Caesar are both awful candidates, and my #1 issue is legalizing Jet"

I need an article about Ol' Uncle Joe sharing a first beer with Nephew Tim and teaching him about women, asap.
Brianna Keilor is doing WORK on CNN about the Clinton health stuff.
That woman has been ruthless (in the best way) like no other on the big networks seems willing to be lately.

agreed, although i bet they give her an afternoon slot and bump everyone else around once Ashleigh Banfield leaves. (and get rid of terrible Carol Costello while we're at it)
Its funny because Erin Burnett's show is "out front", and it starts with images of her being in hard hit places. In the show itself she just sits in her comfy chair and lets people say whatever the fuck they want and leave. At least Cooper flies to places like Baltimore after civil unrest or to Beirut when something flares up in ME. He also got Drew Griffith doing good honest journalism. God I hate Burnett. She is probably worse than Wolfy.

I just got my D:OS 2 early access warning in my email yesterday for backers. Best PC RPG I have played in the last 5 years.

Ohhh man I played this on the PS4 and had no clue a second was coming on PC. I wonder if it will come to console or be available on iMac.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I can't believe people in here are excited for FF XV.

Have you not learned anything?

Paches

Ohhh man I played this on the PS4 and had no clue a second was coming on PC. I wonder if it will come to console or be available on iMac.

I am sure it will come at some point to consoles, it was received well I think? Apparently 2 was previewed well at Gamescon just recently, probably still a good number of months out, but yeah, really excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom