• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarv

If FFXV is good I will eat a large thing.

i9zyyap77jluebs3erby.gif

Given Clinton's age and the fact that she had a concussion there's nothing wrong with asking for medical records. McCain went through that in 2008 and it was fair game. But instead of simply asking for records and maybe tying it into some other issues Clinton has with transparency, Trump decided to do what he always does: fuck the chicken. Turning it into a giant conspiracy of bullshit. This man is unhinged, folks.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm personally not super enthused about TLG either, but I bet it does better critically than FF XV. Probably by a lot.

Saw this posted on facebook, can someone explain what the fuck it means, cause I can't.

Screen_Shot_2016_08_23_at_4_22_45_PM.jpg

I posted it somewhere recently (maybe here) that the GOP is a majority authoritarian party, and has been for some time. The Right talks a big game about freedom and whatnot, but what they really want is an armed Culture Police that can mandate that people have to behave according to the predominant culture of their childhoods (1950s America, specifically the rose colored version they saw on television).

Basically, Homer Stokes is still alive and well.

Patrick SvitekVerified account
‏@PatrickSvitek
Hannity asks if Trump would change laws to accommodate those that have "contributed to society."
TRUMP: "There certainly can be a softening"

ALL
OVER
THE
PLACE

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I disagree. There has never been a major presidential campaign that put forth the idea that the media and the system was responsible for a loss. SUPPORTERS of campaigns have said this, but Mitt Romney, shocked as he was, never said the system was rigged, never said there was an engine of falsity designed to squelch the voices of the defeated's supporters.

This is not the same. I've been around for much longer than "the" "90s".

Um...

My main concern at this point is if Clinton is capable of leading the country through the shit Trump has wrought, all the ignorance and hate and mistrust of every major institution of this country. We desperately need a leader like that.

Luckily Obama will have two months of speeches to help repair the damage, but we really honestly literally need the best President we've ever had to get America through to the other side of this, I think.

You don't say anything about Trump going down the "election is rigged" beat here. I don't consider the "ignorance, hate, and mistrust of every major institution" tied to the "rigged" argument; the former is a much more pervasive claim than the "stuff is rigged" bit.

Emarv

Speaking of embarrassing rpgs I thank god I live alone when I play Atelier games.

I remember seeing ads for those games in old EGMs and constantly afraid my dad would see them and be disappointed in me and I'd have to furiously explain they were just ads.

Same thing happened with Sailor Moon, tbh

Joeytj

Banned
@SopanDeb
Trump is right now polling the crowd at the Hannity taping on mass deportations.

Oh come on...

Lol, they are shit scared of going soft on immigration. But there's nothing they can't do that will NOT anger the Breitbart-wing of Trump supporters (which are most of them).

So like, I know what they're talking about because I read the article but this Tweet from 538 could be taken wrong

538 politics ‏@538politics 1h1 hour ago
How would you describe Hillary Clinton's campaign so far? No. 1 or No. 2?

I posted it somewhere recently (maybe here) that the GOP is a majority authoritarian party, and has been for some time. The Right talks a big game about freedom and whatnot, but what they really want is an armed Culture Police that can mandate that people have to behave according to the predominant culture of their childhoods (1950s America, specifically the rose colored version they saw on television).

Basically, Homer Stokes is still alive and well.

They can't understand people different from themselves. They're not capable that kind of thinking or empathy, and they fill that void with complete confidence in their view that people different from themselves are fundamentally flawed to the point that their existence is absurd. People different from them are the result of some wrongdoing, either by upbringing or by choice, and they are harmful to the correct natural order of things. Their inability to understand or have empathy is a source of frustration or exasperation, and even the intelligent ones among them seek out and latch onto any statistic, news story or spin that will reinforce their perceived righteous bigotry.

Boke1879

I'm thinking high seventies for XV and high eighties for TLG. TLG is like an Oscar bait title.

I think both games suffer from the same issue. Both were PS3 games. So they are rooted in last gen. With FFXV it's the engine the shit is clearly a pain to work with. Game will be good, but with a lot of missed potential which is why I say 75-80.

Same goes with the TLG. I think it's going to be pegged for it's gameplay. I think many critics will claim it's "Last gen gameplay" that hasn't really evolved. Both will be considered good but nothing amazing or special. The journey that led to these games being released will be more interesting than the games themselves.

That said I'm hyped for both.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think both games suffer from the same issue. Both were PS3 games. So they are rooted in last gen. With FFXV it's the engine the shit is clearly a pain to work with. Game will be good, but with a lot of missed potential which is why I say 75-80.

Same goes with the TLG. I think it's going to be pegged for it's gameplay. I think many critics will claim it's "Last gen gameplay" that hasn't really evolved. Both will be considered good but nothing amazing or special. The journey that led to these games being released will be more interesting than the games themselves.

That said I'm hyped for both.

Good games are good games though. GTA V is a decidedly last gen game that still did great when bumped up.

Wilsongt

Cher ‏@cher 23h23 hours ago
HEALTH BULLSHIT ABOUT HILL, HAS GOT 2STOP‼️SHE LOOKED GREAT SUN.& I KNOW SHE WAS HAVING A BLAST‼️
‼️NOTHING‼️WOULD MAKE ME LIE ABOUT THIS🙏🏻

Debirudog

This health thing is really much Hillary's opposition scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point. The more slimy and annoying thing though is trying to pin guilt on her based on these charity donors...None of which I find appalling but rather good.

So much bullshit.

disappointed at the AP too.

mo60

The internet Trump Chumps sure do love downvoting anything that's negative against Donald.

I expect both games to be shit. You don't spend that long in development hell and come out with an amazing product.
They love to post fake polls and manipulate online polls to.

Diablos

Clinton Foundation stuff isn't great.

And what's with these emails that the FBI didn't have? Anything major or is the media just hyperventilating?

Um...

You don't say anything about Trump going down the "election is rigged" beat here. I don't consider the "ignorance, hate, and mistrust of every major institution" tied to the "rigged" argument; the former is a much more pervasive claim than the "stuff is rigged" bit.

I disagree with that last line, especially on the right. We've got polling that shows only like 11% of Trump supporters (the largest group of one of the major parties) believe Clinton will win by getting more votes. We also (finally!) in some half-assed way have right wing media talking about how they've realized that they taught their audience to believe the whole world is lying to them about everything.

The Right no longer lives in reality. I agree that Trump didn't cause this though. Years of conservative media coddling did.

Clinton Foundation stuff isn't great.

And what's with these emails that the FBI didn't have? Anything major or is the media just hyperventilating?

There are no emails that they didn't have. There are emails she didn't turn over originally, but the FBI has them and have already gone through them

royalan

At this point I think the health conspiracies might be hurting Trump's numbers. I'd love to see some poling on it.

I mean, this baseless conspiratorial attack is the kind of thing that, if you're going to go with it at all, would be best as a lead attack. But it coming at the end of a series of weak attacks from Trump and his surrogates really only highlights how desperate it is. Especially when they don't have anything substantial to tie it to.

I'm reading up the "Huma is in the Muslim Brotherhood!" conspiracies and they all rely heavily on reports from Walid Shoebat, a guy who claims to have been a former Palestinian Islamic terrorist but whose story is obviously false according to Israel's records.

I don't smoke crack, movement conservatives took all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom