• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's not a new word. It was just less frequent (and therefore far less annoying) back then.

And I disagree entirely. Hillary's policies aren't better than Obama's since that doesn't mean anything. Better for who? Liberals. Her issue isn't "optics" making a legislative battle harder; the issue is that almost half the country hated Obama's policies, and therefore will hate Hillary's more. Optics has nothing to do with it.

This sort of thinking is why Sanders lost, and why Republicans do poorly with minorities. Never ever ever think that you're right, and the only reason people are voting against you is perception. That's tantamount to calling voters idiots, and while we joke about that as a nation, it's only sort of true. Minorities don't vote Republican because of the policies, not the wrapper that spews them. Sanders lost because people didn't like his proposals, not because of his demeanor. And Hillary won't win by 30 points because at least 40% of the country approves of Trump's policy proposals (few and vague as they are).

Care about representing the interests of a majority of voting Americans, and do the best you can while fulfilling those interests. Don't care about your "optics."
You're missing the point, or we might be talking separate things. By optics, I mean things like Bill meeting Lynch on tarmac a day before fbi statement. It was not illegal or anything crazy, but in the context of an ongoing investigation, the optics were horrible. Things like that have added up over the past 30 years. I'm saying Hillary will make a good president, whether the right likes it or not. Net sum of her policies will make everyones lives better. The right lives in a conservative bubble where the world is burning and Obama is having sex with ISIS in white house. Whatever. It will benefit them as well. But, in our political framework she has to do more than just explain why her policies are great. Americans dont vote for just policies but the person too, and if that person is tarnished a great deal, that person is no-buy regardless if the policies are good. I'm surprised anyone following American politics doesn't see that.

As for your last point, I already addressed this. I too wish it were as simple as two different candidates present policies and there's nothing but policy talk for 8 months. You personally might not care about optics, but average idiot american, who is largely uninformed about great many things, does (out of his ignorance, of course).

Literally the worst taste in everything
tumblr_nlr66zNVmP1rosb88o2_400.gif

Rum raisin ice cream is delicious.

plsdon'tcomparemetoAdam.

Ouch. :(

There's rum in an old fashioned?

>spits<

Like I got time to make an old fashioned. I need this alcohol in my veins.

Clinton is done with fund raising for a while hopefully. I hate that they do that for X days and give Trump all the media attention.

Time to go on the attack Clinton.

Piecake

Hillary Clinton and Paul Ryan don’t agree on much — but both are lending their support to an anti-poverty proposal that cuts across racial and party lines. The result: Billions of dollars could soon flow

While that may sound like the kind of Big-Government proposal Republicans typically hate, Clinton and the plan’s creator, Rep. Jim Clyburn (D-S.C.), have found the key to bipartisan appeal: a funding formula that will help millions of poor white voters who live in GOP-held districts as well as African-American voters who live in Democratic districts.
Story Continued Below

Speaker Ryan has effectively given his blessing, spurring the plan’s inclusion in several of this year’s bills to fund the government. Donald Trump, who recently began new outreach to minority voters, has yet to weigh in, effectively ceding the political benefit to his Democratic rival.

The math of the so-called 10-20-30 proposal is simple: At least 10 percent of a federal program’s funds should go to counties where 20 percent of the population has lived below the poverty line for 30 years.

Clinton, Ryan team up on anti-poverty plan

Well, one good thing might have come out of this Trump insanity. Republicans look like they might actually realize they need to do something for the people who vote for them instead of whoring it out for rich people and businesses

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Clinton, Ryan team up on anti-poverty plan

Well, one good thing might have come out of this Trump insanity. Republicans look like they might actually realize they need to do something for the people who vote for them instead of whoring it out for rich people and businesses

Ryan, like Boehner, realizes that at this point there's nothing to be gained by doing nothing anymore. It's a self-inflicted wound to placate people who will never be placated.

If the reason is not "I am lactose intolerant" then you might just be the only person on the planet with this opinion. How can you not like ice cream?!

It's too cold. I don't like things that exist in that weird void between licking/swallowing and chewing. I just don't see the big deal. If I want something sweet, I want something doughy or cakey. And, like, if I want a piece of apple pie a la mode, I just put a little milk on it with cheddar or something. I do the milk thing with cake too.

I'm not opposed to ice cream. I would eat it if someone offered it to me, but if I never had it again....I'd be fine.

You never cease to amaze me. Apple pie of all things...
That's not an Adam thing! A thin slice of cheddar melted on top of apple pie is delicious. So are grilled cheese with Gorgonzola and apple slices.
But.. They actually might.. *pukes*
Not in Hillary Clinton's America.
Milk on apple pie. All righty then.
Trust me on this. It's fucking delicious. So is Coke cake with a bit of milk on top. It's like a drizzle cake, but with milk.

Iolo

It's the sweet and savory thing. Like when you have a sausage biscuit and you put jelly on it? Or when you have fried eggs and you mash them into a doughnut or add a spoon full of apple butter to them. It's just the combination of flavors.

Holy God please stop now don't auuugh

Literally oh god

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom