• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I support DJT. Can I post in here from time to time? I dont post much in general and have only made a few political posts but i read this thread a lot. I'd like to post in here occasionally. Here's a post explaining my views:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=211289214&highlight=#post211289214

I will say the past week has been about as bad as possible....just awful. I'm ashamed and confused and angry all at once at this past week

Alright. What about the past week indicates Donald Trump has the experience, depth of knowledge, or temperament to be president? Is there any evidence of a steady, stable leader in there?

Hello,
I support DJT. Can I post in here from time to time? I dont post much in general and have only made a few political posts but i read this thread a lot. I'd like to post in here occasionally. Here's a post explaining my views:

I will say the past week has been about as bad as possible....just awful. I'm ashamed and confused and angry all at once at this past week

Feel free, we're all cool here, but there's no love for Trump, so don't take an attack on Trump as a personal attack.

Hello,

in the last thread i was called a misogynist because i criticized hillary. so....good luck?

Hopfrog

Hello,

Has anything that has happened in the past week convinced you to stop supporting him? If not, why not, out of curiosity?

Just reading the bit in your previous post about deporting illegal immigrants. You don't really need a degree in economics to figure out that deporting 11 million people would have a major economic impact, aside from the fact it would require so much money and so many resources as to bring about exactly the kind of government intervention in people's lives that conservatives so often decry.

That FL poll is great for Clinton, but ugh that gaudy Rubio lead. Still hope Democrats can turn it around, I think he's a much weaker candidate than people tend to give him credit for.

That F&M Pennsylvania poll shows a big lead for McGinty in the RV pool (up just 1 with likely voters), and the UNH NH poll just shows a big lead for Hassan. Take those with WI, IL and IN and Dems have 51 seats.

Grief.exe

We talk about the absurdities of Trump's social policies, but I don't think we talk about how bad his economics are.

He's promoting supply side economics gone mad with trillions of dollars on tax cuts to the rich that will have little to none real impact on job growth. On top in the trillions in tax cuts he proposes trillions in military budget increases and double Hillary's infrastructure plan.
The deficit is g going to get blown out of the water even with Paul Ryan's wet dream in austerity and middle class spending cuts.

Polling still shows he would do better with economy than Hillary despite having an economic plan that makes the Bush years look like baby's first oligarchy.

Hopfrog

We talk about the absurdities of Trump's social policies, but I don't think we talk about how bad his economics are.

He's promoting supply side economics gone mad with trillions of dollars on tax cuts to the rich that will have little to none real impact on job growth. On top in the trillions in tax cuts he proposes trillions in military budget increases and double Hillary's infrastructure plan.
The deficit is g going to get blown out of the water even with Paul Ryan's wet dream in austerity and middle class spending cuts.

Don't forget reviving protectionism and starting trade wars with any nation that even so much as looks at him funny.

That FL poll is great for Clinton, but ugh that gaudy Rubio lead. Still hope Democrats can turn it around, I think he's a much weaker candidate than people tend to give him credit for.

That F&M Pennsylvania poll shows a big lead for McGinty in the RV pool (up just 1 with likely voters), and the UNH NH poll just shows a big lead for Hassan. Take those with WI, IL and IN and Dems have 51 seats.

I kind of mentioned this before....

Because of the strategy we've taken in that the race is no longer Democrat vs Republican but Donald Trump vs Sanity, we've lost some of our leverage in tying non-cray-cray people to Trump. This is true if they haven't implicitly endorsed him, and maybe especially if they've been hyper critical of him in the past. Demographically Rubio has some advantages, especially in South Florida.

I'd like to think we can do better, but we have to tie him to Trump hard.

Grief.exe

Don't forget reviving protectionism and starting trade wars with any nation that even so much as looks at him funny.

Yes.

He wants to tariff commodities such as steel to the point where it makes American manufacturing viable.

That would likely have a cascading negative impact as many of our goods would be no longer competitive.

Trump's somehow managed to crash even more in 538s model

Nowcast
Queen 91.2
Trump 8.8

Polls Only
Queen 77,7
Trump 22.3

Polls Plus
Queen 72,6
Trump 27,4

oh shiiiiit.

David Paleologos
‏@davidpaleologos

Suffolk University Poll of Florida Likely Voters: Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump 48-42; in 4-way it’s HC 43, DT 39, GJ 4 & JS 3

Damn. Also, Jill Stein is not going to get 3% of the vote in Florida, so, hooray.

Sucks about Murphy, but I think there were a host of factors that made that a tough race. I also think Rubio has the ability to uniquely distance himself from Trump in ways that maybe other candidates can't because he did run against him (even if he's endorsed him now). Also, nothing about Murphy is that compelling as a candidate or as a person.

PBY

Banned
Hello,

Your rational holds so little water I'm not going to spend debunking the mountain of bullshit in that post. Just know you support a fascist racist asshole. When people in his party call him a sociopath, you know you fucked up.

That said - I don't want my disagreement to stop you from posting, I encourage you to stay and keep an open dialogue

Plus, Hillary will just have her pet Trump go after Rubio if the race is still tight.

"I don't need and never asked for your endorsement Little Marco"

NeoXChaos

Marc Caputo ‏@MarcACaputo 14m14 minutes ago
While Trump loses to Clinton by 6, Rubio crushes Murphy by 13 in Suffolk Poll. My guess: because Murphy=unknown. As a result, my guess 1/x
--

Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 40m40 minutes ago
Kyle Kondik Retweeted Charles Hancock
Prolly overstates the case but I've long thought that Ayotte was third-most endangered Senate R behind Kirk/Johnson

Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 40m40 minutes ago
The problem for Ayotte is that Hassan is a stronger challenger than Strickland/McGinty/Murphy

Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 35m35 minutes ago
Kyle Kondik Retweeted Susan Page
Really hard to see such a crossover vote for Rubio. Some? Yes. But not that much

Shaun Hundle ‏@shundle 31m31 minutes ago
@kkondik probably name recognition at this point and Hispanic Clinton-Rubio voters

---

Scott Bland
‏@PoliticoScott
Q on Suffolk & how to interpret meaning of Senate polls: Is Rubio (46%) running +4 over Trump (42%)? Or +19 over prez race (46-33 vs 42-48)?
Kyle Kondik ‏@kkondik 4m4 minutes ago
Kyle Kondik Retweeted Scott Bland
Interpreting it as the former is likelier much closer to what the diff will actually be in November

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Wait, that Florida poll has Rubio running against Grayson and Murphy? Is one of them running as an independent?

Chichikov

Hello,

Protip: you are definitely in a minority here, so expect a ton of replies to many of your posts (it's just that people are more likely to respond to a post they disagree with).
You don't have to answer to all of them, you'll burn yourself out. You don't even have to answer to any of them, it's not your job (though please, try to avoid enticing drive by posting with no follow up, that's a bit of a dick move).
But if you do decide to reply, don't pick the dumbest one just because it's easy, like, if 5 people explain in details why they think your tax plan is bad and one call you Hitler, I'd say ignore the dude with the Nazi hair trigger.

A motion has been placed upon the table to move the 2016 General Election to Tuesday. Pursuant to the rules of this convention, the chair reserves the right to suspend the requirement to second the motion and moves directly to a voice vote.

All those in favor say AYE

All opposed repeat the Constitution backwards, in Latin.

In the opinion of the chair, the AYES have it.

Motion is adopted.

Just reading the bit in your previous post about deporting illegal immigrants. You don't really need a degree in economics to figure out that deporting 11 million people would have a major economic impact, aside from the fact it would require so much money and so many resources as to bring about exactly the kind of government intervention in people's lives that conservatives so often decry.

If you really want to deport 11 million people you don't really care about the impacts. You just don't want them here.

Hello,

I get it

Kusagari

Name value is by far the most important thing in Florida. Nobody here knows who the fuck Murphy is. He needs to start spending money immediately once he wins the primary.

A motion has been placed upon the table to move the 2016 General Election to Tuesday. Pursuant to the rules of this convention, the chair reserves the right to suspend the requirement to second the motion and moves directly to a voice vote.

All those in favor say AYE

All opposed repeat the Constitution backwards, in Latin.

In the opinion of the chair, the AYES have it.

Motion is adopted.

W8yBpJg.gif

Tarkus

PoliGAF just wants to dispel this notion that Marco Rubio is actually a really good man and a great candidate.

East Lake

PoliGAF just wants to dispel this notion that Marco Rubio is actually a really good man and a great candidate.

Compared to Trump? Sure. Hell, if it were Trump vs Rubio I'd be knocking on doors for Lil' Marco.

Given nearly any other choice......naw. Naw mane.

ampere

Like, the lowest bar I'd have for my candidate is not making me ashamed. But, you know, that's me.

My lowest bar is not making it look like nuclear war is a real possibility of their presidency.

Anyone who cannot pass that cannot get my vote

Since most candidates pass that, acknowledging the dire importance of addressing climate change might be my second lowest bar

pigeon

Banned
Hello,

I mean, I'm glad that something is getting you to not support a white nationalist, but it's a little bit of a bummer that it clearly wasn't the fact that he's a white nationalist.

"We need to deal with illegals" has always been code for stopping immigration entirely and for harassing and detaining people of color.

Arguing that Trump isn't racist now, because he said a bunch of racist stuff in the past and you can come up with explanations for why all the racist stuff he did recently isn't that racist, is basically demonstrating how desperate you are to find a way to justify support for a white nationalist.

I'm not surprised, because I know these people exist, but I'm not sympathetic. You should not vote for a white nationalist. If you do, you are okay with people of color having their rights abridged. If your post is genuine, you should consider that. I'm not sure it is.

My lowest bar is not making it look like nuclear war is a real possibility of their presidency.

Anyone who cannot pass that cannot get my vote

Since most candidates pass that, acknowledging the dire importance of addressing climate change might be my second lowest bar

To be fair....

He acknowledges climate change. Just, you know, that it was invented by the Chinese and is a hoax.

But if you do decide to reply, don't pick the dumbest one just because it's easy, like, if 5 people explain in details why they think your tax plan is bad and one call you Hitler, I'd say ignore the dude with the Nazi hair trigger.
And I apologize in advance for it.

I does typings good sometime.

Sometimes I don't do typings no good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom