• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump is only +2 among white people in that poll.

PLUS TWO.

I know it's probably off but I mean...

Trump is definitely down by quite a bit right now. This really does have the potential of becoming a MAJOR wave election thanks to him.

And now with the news Melania might not even have immigrated legally. holy shit.

Looks like the bounce is closer to a double digit than earlier predicted. Only need NBC/WSJ poll to confirm that.

Well, I'd argue that the bounce is probably 6-8 points from the convention.

But that depends how you want to define "convention bounce."

Do we count Trump's spat with the Khans as part of the convention?

I think what we're seeing is a convention bounce + a post-convention Trump meltdown leading to further poll erosion. Which is actually more important because it's better than a traditional bounce.

Trump is only +2 among white people in that poll.

PLUS TWO.

I know it's probably off but I mean...

Trump is definitely down by quite a bit right now. This really does have the potential of becoming a MAJOR wave election thanks to him.

And now with the news Melania might not even have immigrated legally. holy shit.

I think +2 is probably way too generous, but this is like the third or fourth national poll that's had the white vote under double digits, I believe. He's getting the white, non-college educated (male) vote. BUt that's it.

TopDreg

Obama's comments on Zika make me so angry at the Republican congress for bunching Zika bills with a ton of irrelevant other things. Like, would it really piss off their voting base if they just voted a Zika bill in? It's that bad for their image?

jiggle

tumblr_llefn6TC8Z1qbs5kvo1_r1_500.gif

So looks like 40% is no longer trump's floor in polls
Can he go below 30%

Taniel
Taniel‏ @Taniel

If CO & VA off, main Trump paths:
1—lose PA but sweep NV/IA/NH/OH/NC/FL (throws it to GOP House)
2—win PA & "only" need OH/FL/NC among above

So basically, if polling is stable for Hillary we'll be able to wait for PA to be called an then go to bed.

What were the states to watch in recent presidential elections?

2000: FL
2004: ?
2008: OH
2012: ?
2016: PA (potentially)

DasRaven

And we're expecting good unemployment news tomorrow from July.

Pretty soon, that "terrible" 1.2 GDP growth number will be another missed opportunity for the GOP nominee.

Piecake

Well, since my thread isnt getting much traction I thought I'd post it here since I think a lot more people should see it.

In 1943, Marion Konishi Takehara graduated as the valedictorian of Amache Senior High School, in Colorado. Amache was an internment camp for Japanese Americans that were forced to relocate from their Pacific Coast homes following the attack on Pearl Harbor and Executive Order 9066.

Last month, at 91 years old, she returned to Amache for the first time since she was a teenager. As a part of the annual Amache Pilgrimage, Marion gave her commencement speech for a second time.

Written while living as an incarcerated teenager, Marion’s words epitomize faith in the human spirit. Faith such as this drowns out those who promote fear and insecurity and instead fosters the progress and positivity that lies ahead.

https://medium.com/@meraiko/japanes...ope-in-america-during-bfb1bd6f8db5#.skwb7h97r

read the speech at the link

I'll admit, I cried.

If Trump somehow pulls off a sub 40 number in the election...

I don't see how the Dems don't win pretty much every contested Senate seat and maybe 1 or 2 surprises and then win a massive number of House seats.

I don't think split ticketsv are as likely as some may think. You're going to see a lot of moderate Republicans/leaners stay home on election night.

Turnout will be down among them and Hillary will walk in with maybe as maybe House members as Obama did...

But until we're close I'm not going to start to get actually excited about that. Just looking at the hypothetical.

Piecake

At a North Carolina town hall Thursday, among the toughest questions Republican vice presidential nominee Mike Pence faced came from an 11-year-old boy.

“I’ve noticed you’ve been softening up on Trump’s words and policies. Is this going to be your role in the administration?” the boy asked Pence as the crowd erupted in laughter

Young boy to Pence: Are you Trump's apologist?

Don't know if this was already posted before, but lol!

CCS

Banned
That Georgia news...

If we win there, I'm naming my firstborn Hillary. Or making my brother name his Hillary. Whichever.

Obama's comments on Zika make me so angry at the Republican congress for bunching Zika bills with a ton of irrelevant other things. Like, would it really piss off their voting base if they just voted a Zika bill in? It's that bad for their image?
I got news for you. Its Obama and the democrats who torpedoed the bill! Read this oped by Paul Ryan in USA Today

Drop the politics, put health first
Paul Ryan said:
Unfortunately, when this plan went to the Senate for a vote, Democrats derailed it. This was despite months of calling for action, and even voting in favor of that exact funding level just weeks prior. They blocked our plan not once, but twice — a blatant ploy in an election year. Because of their actions, this funding is in limbo. It shouldn’t be.

For its part, the White House turns a blind eye to all this. It demands more funding while sitting on unspent funds. It calls for more aggressive mosquito control while Senate Democrats block that authority. It points fingers at Republicans, knowing full well that Senate Democrats are being obstructionist.
Those are the facts. We need the White House and Senate Democrats to drop politics and put the public’s health first. We hope for a change of heart, and soon.

avaya

What were the states to watch in recent presidential elections?

2000: FL
2004: ?
2008: OH
2012: ?
2016: PA (potentially)

There is no state to watch. It's a 285 EV lock-out for the Dem candidate, VA joins the Blue Wall. Reality is clear that Presidential elections are solely about Democrat GOTV efforts, the Republican party is now irrelevant.

There is only a watch for how much over 332 EV will she get. I think she will be bounded at 394 EV tops. Range EV from 332 - 394

332 Obama 12
+15 North Carolina
+11 Arizona
+1 Omaha
+ 16 Georgia
+ 10 Missouri
+ 6 Utah
+ 3 Montana
= 394 EV top-end

Guys.

If the polling is like this to an extent where Hillary is up 6-14 points a week or two after labor day...

it's going to be time to start donating to Dems all around the country, not Hillary. I'll spend some money to guarantee some extra senate seats and definitely some House seats.

Darrell Issa is going to lose, people. It's going to happen. Republicans in California are staying home on election day.

In 2 weeks, someone here (not me) needs to make a list of House races that will become up for grabs (that aren't right now).

The sad part was that it was the second best performance by a Democratic presidential candidate in the five elections between 1972 and 1988 and the gap between second and third is significant.

Yeah man but then the Dems became a party of neo-liberal, corporatist sellouts. So whose the real loser here?

avaya

Guys.

If the polling is like this to an extent where Hillary is up 6-14 points a week or two after labor day...

it's going to be time to start donating to Dems all around the country, not Hillary. I'll spend some money to guarantee some extra senate seats and definitely some House seats.

Darrell Issa is going to lose, people. It's going to happen. Republicans in California are staying home on election day.

In 2 weeks, someone here (not me) needs to make a list of House races that will become up for grabs (that aren't right now).

More money should also be spent to accelerate voter registration and sign up if that's still possible in a bid to catalyse the ongoing process of Red states turning blue. I want purple Texas 2024. True Blue Texas 2032.

In all seriousness, the loser dynamic is starting to kick in for Trump.

But that puts pressure on the Clinton campaign to not fuck it up.

Guys.

It's funny you say that. On MTP Daily yesterday they said if it's still polling high for Hillary like that after Labor Day, the race is over at that point.

http://www.msnbc.com/mtp-daily/watch/trump-allies-plot-intervention-737651779547

TheFatOne

I mean, he kind of danced around and hinted at it...could be the case.

Yea that took me by surprise. Essentially just said that if you had confidential briefings you shouldn't talk about what you saw. I'm sure someone in the media will pick up on that, and start trying to pester Trump about it.

Guys.

That feels like my job.

Emarv

More money should also be spent to accelerate voter registration and sign up if that's still possible in a bid to catalyse the ongoing process of Red states turning blue. I want purple Texas 2024. True Blue Texas 2032.
Texas will be purple within 10 years. I have faith!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom