• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't tell if I should feel dirty reading this :p

tumblr_mcxnsajO051qed5st.gif

People in Louisiana burst into tears when they find out they can enroll in Medicaid

Fuck every Republican governor and legislature that stopped this.

avaya

If we're in this blowout scenario I cannot imagine how she doesn't win Indiana.

I dunno, I have a nasty feeling that Indiana is trending demographically towards a more West Virginia style situation given the large proportion of non-college educated white voters in the state (saturated Republican base). Spillover from Indianapolis growth, Chicago Metro and Gary may turn it but Indiana was almost certainly a fluke result in 2008 (auto industry collapse imminent).

That demographic is the key to Dem margin in every state by the way, the correlation between % Non-College educated white voters and the Dem margin during 2012 was -0.7, which is huge. Stripping out New England and it's normal Dem lean the correl is over -0.8.

This little factoid is incredibly useful in predicting which states will move towards Dem in a wave since the non-college educated white voter is the hardcore social values/issues based Republican making up the Trump base and is incredibly inelastic.

Obama always makes an effort to answer Qs in an all encompassing way, carefully and thoughtfully addressing all aspects and angles. Imagine Trump answering this terrorism Q.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Obama always makes an effort to answer Qs in an all encompassing way, carefully and thoughtfully addressing all aspects and angles. Imagine Trump answering this terrorism Q.
I don't know what that would be like, but some people are saying it would be awful. You tell me. You tell me.

Joeytj

Banned
Arizona and Georgia please. Or drive the GOP nuts and make them defend TX.

There's even a possibility that Trump won't see this as a sign he is losing key battleground states, but that Hillary is bluffing OR, he actually thinks he can do the same and go to Washington, Oregon or New York and make a play for them.

Wow, that would be the best scenario for Democrats.

Jeels

Arizona and Georgia please. Or drive the GOP nuts and make them defend TX.

More stops to Houston please! :)
Would be amazing even if dems didn't win it. If they are willing to gamble CO and VA (I doubt they will lose them) to put money in AZ and GA, I think it's worth the risk, since electorally they are fine.

This would kill me.

Trump puts effort into New York -> Hill doesn't bite on his bait.
Hill puts money into Texas-> GOP freak out.

The GOP could not allow us to be competitive in Texas. Like, they would lose their collective shit. It would be damaging of the highest order. Like, Armageddon.

Donald Trump declined to name any possible women he would name to his cabinet as president on Wednesday, instead naming his daughter Ivanka and the woman interviewing him as possible cabinet members.

“Well, we have so many different ones to choose,” Trump told First Coast News in Florida. Trump was speaking with Angelia Savage, who hosts The Chat on the channel; she previously worked for the Trump Organization. The Chat later aired the full answer to the question.

“I can tell you everybody would say, ‘Put Ivanka in, put Ivanka in,’ you know that, right?” Trump said. “She’s very popular, she’s done very well, and you know Ivanka very well. But there really are so many that are really talented people — like you, you’re so talented, but I don’t know if your viewers know that.”

Like, the proper response is to say of course we're going to consider women along with men for cabinet positions but it's too early to start thinking about that when I have an election to win.

But uh...what the fuck is Ivanka qualified to do in a cabinet position? Seriously?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Brett LoGiurato @BrettLoGiurato
Obama got in a brutal zing of Trump while denouncing his ‘rigged’ claim read.bi/2ap6ySx pic.twitter.com/9VqnusNtJj

Media preview
4:56pm · 4 Aug 2016 · TweetDeck

CpDAcaRWYAAAniI.jpg

Emarv

+9 is huge. And it corroborates the other huge polls as being close to the margin of error rather than outliers.

It's true, all of it.gif

Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn 37s37 seconds ago Washington, DC
It is not clear that Trump is outperforming Romney among white working class voters anymore, as he was pre-conventions

hahaha.

+9 is huge. And it corroborates the other huge polls as being close to the margin of error rather than outliers.

It's true, all of it.gif

Almost all the national polls having Clinton around +4 to +6 have Juy 27-30 included in the data...but everything after that is basically 8+

And Nate Cohn explained the USC Poll's bias earlier today. And that poll is going to continue to get worse for Trump as the days go on. It still doesn't include night 4 of the DNC or anything with Khan!

Like, the proper response is to say of course we're going to consider women along with men for cabinet positions but it's too early to start thinking about that when I have an election to win.

But uh...what the fuck is Ivanka qualified to do in a cabinet position? Seriously?

Not to mention I think I heard it is illegal to give cabinet positions to family members.

-----------------------------------------------

Speaking of Texas, when was the last time we had a poll from there? I'm always seeing places like NY, CA, WA, and even red states like KS and MO being polled but Texas seems to be a big state that hasn't had one in awhile or at all.

John HarwoodVerified account
‏@JohnJHarwood
Trump ad tries to make viewers think HRC says "we are" raising taxes on middle class by putting words on screen. she actually said "aren't."

Oh My God.

What a campaign.

Springtime for Trump. I'm telling you. Are we 100% certain Mel brooks isn't wearing a Paul Manafort mask!?!?!?

Just pointing this out:

The NBC Poll:

75 White
12 Black
6 Hispanic

It was 72/13/10 in 2012. There's no way in hell the Hispanic vote is going to be 6%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom