• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazmat

And all of these polls dont take into account the fact that he has no GOTV operation and doesn't even have a campaign office in some states. Good god.

Yeah, obviously I'm the only guy in the room that doesn't get it, but can someone please explain? Can't keep up with all the memes.

It was a quote from Romney at the Town Hall debate in 2012. They were talking about hiring women/equal pay.

"I had the chance to pull together a cabinet, and all the applicants seemed to be men… I went to a number of women's groups and said, 'Can you help us find folks?' and they brought us whole binders full of women."

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Trump always says that unemployment rate in Virgina doubled under Tim Kaine. I was very skeptical considering he got in 2013 when the economy was really picking up.

fredgraph.png

He could say that about pretty much every politician in the country at that time.

It was a quote from Romney at the Town Hall debate in 2012. They were talking about hiring women/equal pay.

"I had the chance to pull together a cabinet, and all the applicants seemed to be men… I went to a number of women's groups and said, 'Can you help us find folks?' and they brought us whole binders full of women."

BIND-THEM-COMP_8.gif

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Donald Trump declined to name any possible women he would name to his cabinet as president on Wednesday, instead naming his daughter Ivanka and the woman interviewing him as possible cabinet members.

“Well, we have so many different ones to choose,” Trump told First Coast News in Florida. Trump was speaking with Angelia Savage, who hosts The Chat on the channel; she previously worked for the Trump Organization. The Chat later aired the full answer to the question.

“I can tell you everybody would say, ‘Put Ivanka in, put Ivanka in,’ you know that, right?” Trump said. “She’s very popular, she’s done very well, and you know Ivanka very well. But there really are so many that are really talented people — like you, you’re so talented, but I don’t know if your viewers know that.”
He could only think of two women. One's his daughter. The other is former employee who happens to be asking the question. He has an amazingly narrow mind.

Man, I'm tempted to buy some Trump shares on PredictIt. He's not going to win, but I think he bounces back a bit. Could earn a little bit....but, at the same time....what if he doesn't bounce back? It's win/win for me...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
In retrospect, after Trump, getting on Romney for making a comment that really wasn't offensive at all, seems really petty...

Sarah Palin was smart enough to know we don't like Putin. I mean, she had to know that. She could see his house!
Get your facts straight! She could see him from her house.
In retrospect, after Trump, getting on Romney for making a comment that really wasn't offensive at all, seems really petty...
It wasn't really offensive. It was just hilarious and awkward in that "Romney can sound so awkward at times" way.
Chuck Todd is holding it, rubbing it all over his face and groinicological region.
This is my new favorite (fake) word.

Reid is wrong here:

“If you look at Georgia — Georgia, last re-elect for President Obama, he never stepped foot in Georgia, but yet he lost by about three percent. Georgia’s Hillary Clinton’s, and I’m glad she’s going to be campaigning there,” the Nevada senator told reporters here, noting that he also expects Clinton to campaign in Arizona. After introducing the Democratic nominee at a campaign rally held in an IBEW hall here, Reid also praised the campaign and super PAC’s decision to scale back advertising in Colorado and Virginia, which look to be trending Clinton’s way.

Obama lost GA by 7.82% in 12 and 4.8% in 08.

Reid is wrong here:

Obama lost GA by 7.82% in 12 and 4.8% in 08.
Maybe he was confusing it with 08.

In any case Bob Barr sponging up support in 2008 was pretty significant, Obama barely lost any support even without campaigning. GA is on its way to becoming a swing state, just needs a candidate who's willing to invest there.

Iolo

We'll all probably be diablosing soon enough, but this week is a massive relief after the crushing weight I was feeling on my chest over the last month.

If these numbers continue to hold through the Olympics and into labor day....I want to see what the media does. In the Internet/Twitter age, they've never had to cover a race that is in no way competitive. Are they going ot try and push a horse race when it may clearly not be? Or do they jump on the dumpster fire narrative. They've been leaning towards the latter, and Trump's been giving them material.

There's probably a one-in-three chance that Trump completely implodes because of being so far down this week and he never gets any closer to Hillary, who wins by the eight or ten points that I guessed back when this matchup became inevitable.

I hope we're living in the universe where that does happen...

ezrarh

They mail us the ballot in Colorado. All the trucks carrying the ballots from Denver would have to crash and burn for Hillary to lose this one.

Interesting if true. Could the dems start winning these groups in other elections besides this one.
https://twitter.com/conorsen/status/761334739391438848

It is interesting. I think a lot depends on Hillary's Presidency (if she wins).

If she's successful. She doesn't raise taxes. Things are relatively peaceful. We have movement on some issues (such as immigration, higher education, etc). It helps make the case "You know what, Democrats aren't that bad." IF we can tie the hateful rhetoric of the Trumpets to the party as a whole, it's going to be a hell of a lot harder for them to use subtle dog whistles.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Clinton needs to bring up the Trump Taj Mahal being closed because they refused to deal with the union in OH, NH and PA.

Even though it's a bit of a misdirect as it's no longer owned by Trump, it still carries his name and would DESTROY him in those states, in my opinion.

Image is everything.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
If these numbers continue to hold through the Olympics and into labor day....I want to see what the media does. In the Internet/Twitter age, they've never had to cover a race that is in no way competitive. Are they going ot try and push a horse race when it may clearly not be? Or do they jump on the dumpster fire narrative. They've been leaning towards the latter, and Trump's been giving them material.

hopefully they go the full Lindsey Lohan route.

Zeke

Arizona and Georgia please. Or drive the GOP nuts and make them defend TX.
I would love to see this! Have Hilary make stops in the RGV and along the border with stops in Houston, Austin, DFW and San Antonio. As a left leaning Texan this would make me so, so happy.

I think a number of elected Republicans will take a stronger stance against Trump after their primaries. If he continues off the rails further and these polling numbers stabilize we could see a strong heel turn away from him as we get closer to the election

Also side note, but documentaries for both sides of the campaigns are now my most anticipated piece of media in the coming year or two.

Balphon

Already spending his war chest wisely, I see. Come on over, Trump. Weather's pretty nice right now. Stay a while. Drop some money in our state. We'll certainly put it to better use than you ever could.

If any west coast state were going to turn red it'd be Oregon.

Trump is coming to Portland in that same trip. Panic!

Gattsu25

Banned
Is this image on the Huffington Post front page photoshopped?

G2jrFjF.jpg

I mean...either it's photoshopped or that is a smaller person's hand pointing, right?

In case anyone had final doubts on the Now-Cast but didn't want to check it, the swing from 1 week ago is 91 points. It's so much clickbait that it has almost half of an entire electorate worth of certainty up for grabs in any given 7-day period. It makes bitcoin look like a rock-solid investment with its mere 50-point swings at its most turbulent times.
I mean...either it's photoshopped or that is a smaller person's hand pointing, right?
Someone came up with actual statistics to show his hands are in the 15th percentile of all men before accounting for his above-normal height of 6'2". So really in the 5th-10th percentile. Science has proven them to be comically tiny. No photo will ever not look absurd to me. I don't question it.

mo60

In case anyone had final doubts on the Now-Cast but didn't want to check it, the swing from 1 week ago is 91 points. It's so much clickbait that it has almost half of an entire electorate worth of certainty up for grabs in any given 7-day period. It makes bitcoin look like a rock-solid investment with its mere 50-point swings at its most turbulent times.

The nowcast also has her barely losing to trump in some states like South Carolina that you would not expect to swing to the dems in this election which is weird.

The nowcast also has her barely losing to trump in some states like South Carolina that you would not expect to swing to the dems in this election which is weird.

If Trump actually lost by 10 points with Gary Johnson also taking a sizable percentage, some really unexpected states would flip.

Ophelion

If any west coast state were going to turn red it'd be Oregon.

Trump is coming to Portland in that same trip. Panic!

HEH. If you're going to flip Oregon, you're not going to do it by hanging out in fucking Portland. Again, there's good folk in Portland. He should spend a lot of money. I'm sure we'd all be more than happy to inject some of that fabulous Trump cash into our economies. We're not going to do anything for him for that money. But we'll happily take it off his hands. That's what we call the art of the deal, right?

Gattsu25

Banned
Someone came up with actual statistics to show his hands are in the 15th percentile of all men before accounting for his above-normal height of 6'2". So really in the 5th-10th percentile. Science has proven them to be comically tiny. No photo will ever not look absurd to me. I don't question it.
I mean, I heard the jokes and always assumed it was people just being petty but this picture was really the first time where it stuck out to me. That hand is much too small for the person wielding it. It's down the point where it looks photoshopped to me and I'm not even kidding about it.

Shrinking the picture down makes it stand out more:
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/G2jrFjF.jpg[/IMG]

mo60

Yeah, and Obama lost it by 9% in 2008 and 10.47% in 2012.

This election is really weird if a state like SC has a shot at going to the dems

I'm not really specifically thinking of SC though.

Yeah. There are theoretically other states that can flip in this election if a landslide occurred but it would be interesting if an 8%-11% win for hilary can potentially flip states like SC, South Dakota and etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom