• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geg

Was Georgia in there before?

Georgia's always been in there. I think it just automatically puts in any state that's at 80% or below. Pennsylvania went up to an 82% chance of Hillary winning it so it got taken out of it, and also why Arizona was out for a while because it was at like 85% Trump earlier

pigeon

Banned
Was Georgia in there before?

Upshot chooses the most competitive states automatically and updates that section of the site on the fly.

If it stays like this it's going to get pretty troll near the end. Hillary's face will just be up there no matter what you choose.

Holmes

Trump won't do or say anything about Hillary going to Georgia since Putin probably told him to ignore anything happening in Georgia.
lmao

Clinton needs to air ads in Georgia and Arizona now. I think running ads in Arizona would have the added benefit of shoring up support for Kirkpatrick as well.

Bowdz

Look at all the economics i give

Look folks, I'm the best at economy right? I'm the best at economy. And folks, the people we have now doing economy, their terrible folks. Absolutely terrible. They don't know what the hell they're doing. See, I went to the Wharton Business School, so I'm, which is like a really really good school, so I'm like a really smart dude okay? And I'm probably better and know more about the economists than anyone out there, bigly.

Oh my God http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/upshot/presidential-polls-forecast.html?_r=0

They took Pennsylvania out of the interactive model and put Arizona back in in its place.

Simply clicking Florida automatically gives her the win.

Here's some boner fuel:

fKQtNzK.png

Measley

Oh my God http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/upshot/presidential-polls-forecast.html?_r=0

They took Pennsylvania out of the interactive model and put Arizona back in in its place.

Simply clicking Florida automatically gives her the win.

PA was always fools gold. PA hasn't went Republican in almost 30 years. The media just like to pretend that it's in play every election cycle because it makes the race appear closer.

The real bad news for Republicans moving forward is that Va and Colorado are slowly becoming solidly blue states.

I dont think so. He's a wallpaper. Yesterday he was bemoaning the absolutely TERRIBLE GDP OMG AMERICA IS OVER numbers. I told myself UGH just wait till tomorrow to make a declaration at least? Ok even if the jobs report is bad, put everything in the context of 72 months of continued growth and new jobs???

The best pundit on CNN is The Axe.

I didnt mind him 8 years ago but he's gotten pretty bad recently. David Axelrod is their best one, along with Van Jones and Paul Begala, Gloria Borger and Dana Bash. Fareed Zakaria is still better than them all although hes not really a pundit.

Look folks, I'm the best at economy right? I'm the best at economy. And folks, the people we have now doing economy, their terrible folks. Absolutely terrible. They don't know what the hell they're doing. See, I went to the Wharton Business School, so I'm, which is like a really really good school, so I'm like a really smart dude okay? And I'm probably better and know more about the economists than anyone out there, bigly.

The fact that he uses the word "bigly" is one of the most offensive things about his campaign.

I mean other than the racism, Islamophobia, misogyny, etc.

Bowdz

I never would have thought we'd have a candidate so soon that made Dubya look like a Rhodes Scholar.

Lmao, I know right? Watching the clip of Bush responding to Cindy Sheehan's attacks against him was like watching Thomas Jefferson speak about American values. It is absolutely mind boggling to see how far the GOP has slid since Bush who is arguably one of the worst presidents of all time.

Oh please get PA out of reach. Nothing would make me happier than hearing that Trump has pulled out of PA, though I realize that won't happen because it's conceding defeat.

#I'mWithHer because #She'sWithUs

And also because

#HarambeWasn'tWithHer

DONALD J. TRUMP ON HILLARY CLINTON’S BAD JUDGMENT AND HER BEING UNFIT TO SERVE AS PRESIDENT

“Hillary Clinton and President Obama bear the direct responsibility of destabilizing the Middle East, having let ISIS take firm hold in Iraq, Libya and Syria, not to mention their allowing Americans to be slaughtered at Benghazi.
Clinton’s home email server that she lied to the American people about was a profound national security risk, and it should come as no surprise that her campaign would push out another Obama-Clinton pawn (who is not independent) to try to change the subject in a week when Clinton’s role in putting Iran on the path to nuclear weapons and this Administration being called out for sending $400 million in cash to the world’s largest state sponsor of terrorism is on every front page in the country.
Hillary Clinton has bad judgment and is unfit to serve as President.”
– Donald J. Trump

s-035755524ae3ec09a32b622941a0bbd4c864e157.gif

thefro

Holy Shit... this Politico article!

Politico said:
Amid widespread chatter that Donald Trump could drop out of the presidential race before Election Day, Republican insiders in key battleground states have a message for The Donald: Get out.

That’s according to The POLITICO Caucus — a panel of activists, strategists and operatives in 11 swing states. The majority of GOP insiders, 70 percent, said they want Trump to drop out of the race and be replaced by another Republican candidate — with many citing Trump’s drag on Republicans in down-ballot races. But those insiders still think it’s a long-shot Trump would actually end his campaign and be replaced by another GOP candidate.

“I’d rather take our chances with nearly anyone else than continue with this certain loser who will likely cost the Senate and much more,” said a New Hampshire Republican — who, like all respondents, completed the survey anonymously.

“The effect Trump is having on down-ballot races has the potential to be devastating in November,” added a Florida Republican. “His negative image among Hispanics, women and independents is something that could be devastating to Republicans. Trump’s divisive rhetoric to the Hispanic community at large has the potential to be devastating for years to come.”

Politico said:
“He is an egomaniac,” a Colorado Republican said. “There is no chance he would voluntarily exit the race.”

“He’s not going anywhere. His ego wouldn’t allow it,” a Virginia Republican added. “He'll dominate the news for the next three months, each day more painful than the last, finally lose, say it was rigged and get a new [television] show.”

I love that Sam Wang's latest blog post is basically "Well, I've pretty much automated the work of predicting elections, so if you guys don't mind, I'm gonna get back to the lab and finish solving the human brain."

Well, yes. I keep harping on her historically terrible favorability ratings, but Trump's are worse than Mondale and Goldwater's, too (and worse than hers). And neither of them had a prominent intraparty opponent refuse to endorse them at the election or have as much of the party establishment and the media against them. On the merits we should be expecting one of the most historically lopsided electoral outcomes. We've seen this happen before: a party gets taken over by extremists, nominates a candidate well outside the American mainstream, and gets crushed. 1984 and 1964 are the best parallels to this current election.

I don't think you understand the 1964 or 1984 elections at all.

First of all, Goldwater absolutely did have the Republican Party establishment against him. Much like this year, many of them reluctantly backed him once he was the nominee, but there's a reason LBJ ran an ad that was full of quotes from prominent Republicans bashing Goldwater.

1984 was by no means the Democratic Party "being taken over by extremists." Mondale was a former vice president who represented the established New Deal wing of the party. He had the backing of most of the party establishment and traditional Democratic interest groups against Hart and Jackson. If anything he represented the traditional wing of the party reasserting itself after outsider candidates had captured the nominations in 1972 and 1976. The problem was that he represented a coalition that was no longer viable in a national election. Mondale wasn't Goldwater or McGovern, he was Humphrey after 16 further years of erosion of the New Deal coalition.

Valhelm

contribute something
I've been told I'm nuts for saying this, but isn't the whole pantsuit think really sexist?

Like, women politicians have to "become men" to be taken seriously. Even at formal functions, American women politicians never really wear gowns.

So how much more of this before the senate approves Garland?

I've been told I'm nuts for saying this, but isn't the whole pantsuit think really sexist?

Like, women politicians have to "become men" to be taken seriously. Even at formal functions, American women politicians never really wear gowns.

I mean, do you think a loose fitting pants suit is more comfortable or a gown? If she worse dresses the right would make fun of her legs or some shit.

Time for Reince to legitimately look into how much they need to pay Trump to convince him to drop out.
This talk is premature. Besides, making Trump drop out (in some alternate universe) will be the biggest fuck you to the primary base that supported him through the thick and thin. Priebus understands this, which is why he's given Trump such a wide latitude.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Paying Trump to drop is not a legitimate option, guys.

sphagnum

Banned
This talk is premature. Besides, making Trump drop out (in some alternate universe) will be the biggest fuck you to the primary base that supported him through the thick and thin. Priebus understands this, which is why he's given Trump such a wide latitude.

It's a no win situation either way, but they've got to purge them at some point if they want to be able to win in the future.

Link

The Autumn Wind
!

@MacFarlaneNews:

Oh my. Intriguing.
That might be the interview from yesterday about how his endorsement isn't a "blank check."

More interestingly is the interview today where he mentions he hasn't spoken to Trump since the RNC.

I think Ryan has a specific deadline set up for his revoking of his endorsement based on polls at that time. I think the "blank check" remarks he's made at least twice is a message to the rest of the party. If the trend continues all Republicans will be given the go ahead to break officially from Trump without repercussions from the party.

Kind of off topic:

My mom found a letter I wrote to Hillary when I was like 7. It was for a school project. She also found one I wrote to her saying "The boys in my Alpha group are singing a song about naked ladies dancing. And I don't know why they think men would want to see that."

So, like, don't ask, don't tell amirite?

TS-08

That might be the interview from yesterday about how his endorsement isn't a "blank check."

More interestingly is the interview today where he mentions he hasn't spoken to Trump since the RNC.

That's what I originally thought, but "cancelling" is in quotes as if that's what Ryan said. I don't recall him saying that in the prior interview. I also assume the person tweeting used "specify" to show Ryan was being more clear on what he meant. Still not sure though.

Crayons

Banned
Kind of off topic:

My mom found a letter I wrote to Hillary when I was like 7. It was for a school project. She also found one I wrote to her saying "The boys in my Alpha group are singing a song about naked ladies dancing. And I don't know why they think men would want to see that."

So, like, don't ask, don't tell amirite?

oh my god

That's adorable!!

I remember one time in middle school a bunch of guys were looking at girls in swimsuits and I thought they were just pretending to like it to be cool or something

oh my god

That's adorable!!

I remember one time in middle school a bunch of guys were looking at girls in swimsuits and I thought they were just pretending to like it to be cool or something

True story:

I got some boys in trouble in middle school for looking at like a swim suit thing. They were like WOW ISN"T THIS AMAZING? and I was all "That pattern doesn't go with her skin tone."

And when I told on them, I actually criticized the outfit to the teacher. I remember saying "AJ and Joel are looking at pictures of women in very ugly bathing suits."

I didn't like AJ. Fuck AJ.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I don't kown if there have been polls recently to back it up, but Trump is coming back to Colorado next week. He was just here a week ago and Pence was here this week. Guess he thinks he has a chance.

Crayons

Banned
True story:

I got some boys in trouble in middle school for looking at like a swim suit thing. They were like WOW ISN"T THIS AMAZING? and I was all "That pattern doesn't go with her skin tone."

And when I told on them, I actually criticized the outfit to the teacher. I remember saying "AJ and Joel are looking at pictures of women in very ugly bathing suits."

I didn't like AJ. Fuck AJ.

hahaha

Oh adam, I empathize with you on a deep level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom