• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zornack

I just realized that my bf's oldest nephew totally tried to pull a Trump on us today while we were school supply shopping. Like, we're both standing in the middle of the store.

Him: Adam, can I have markers?
Me: Not for school buddy, it says no markers. : shows him the list :
Him: It doesn't say that.
Me: Ya. It totally does. See? : shows him the list again :
: turns to my bf who is watching this whole thing :
Him: Adam said I can have markers.
My bf: Uh, no he didn't. He said you can't have markers.
Him: That's not what i heard.

I think we figured out who is cutting Trump's ads....

But why can't he have any markers? Markers are great.

Ophelion

How so? One candidate who is skilled at building relationships with elites and would be a historic milestone (if elected) stands between Donald and him becoming POTUS. He's excellent at politics for the most part.

He's excellent at rolling idiot teepers who can't call him on his shit because they're the diet coke version of him.

Is this new on 538? It's a pretty good visualization

Capture.PNG

As someone that lives in Arizona's. I'll do my part to turn AZ blue.

TheFatOne

It's pretty hilarious seeing Trump try to use the shit that has been said about him against Hilary. Subdued Trump is sad. No energy.

Joeytj

Banned
Is this new on 538? It's a pretty good visualization

Capture.PNG

I never thought South Carolina would be easier to turn blue than Texas, although both have been lacking quality polls for a while, but I bet a lot of pollsters are scrambling to find out what's happening in those red states (and others) after Trump's collapse and those Georgia and Arizona ones showing Hillary up.

How so? One candidate who is skilled at building relationships with elites and would be a historic milestone (if elected) stands between Donald and him becoming POTUS. He's excellent at politics for the most part.

How can someone be good at politics by giving his opponents tons of ammo and is known to burn bridges with his own allies and voter groups he needs to win? If he is elected he won't have have any allies and therefore get nothing down.

The best thing about Trump running is that, come November, he will go down in history as one of the biggest losers in the history of American politics.

I mean, if having a pathetic convention bounce, the most poorly received speech in (measured) history, the most poorly received convention in (measured) history, having the highest unfavorables in history, and having your own party wishing/praying/hoping they can get rid of you is being "good at politics".....

Thank fuck Hillary's bad at it.

mo60

The best thing about Trump running is that, come November, he will go down in history as one of the biggest losers in the history of American politics.

Sadly there will still be multiple presidential candidates that do worse than him in terms of the popular vote or the electoral college after this election.

I love how Trump is so damn cheap that he plays public domain classical music at his rallies.

Was going to make a joke about the crowd in Green Bay being laughably white, but then remembered that all Trump crowds are anyway. Fun fact: Attending a Packers game is considered racial diversity training in the area! Okay FINE, it's not that that white.
Yes it totally is.
You could make a drinking game out of spotting minorities while tailgating and not even end up buzzed after 3-4 hours unless you created a loophole for watching the away team bus going by on its way from the airport. Desperate times.
For those concerned with Paul Ryan:
Aww. Not like I had any expectations, but still, aww...

I mean, if having a pathetic convention bounce, the most poorly received speech in (measured) history, the most poorly received convention in (measured) history, having the highest unfavorables in history, and having your own party wishing/praying/hoping they can get rid of you is being "good at politics".....

Against unfavorable odds Donald procured the votes he needed with ease and beat Jeb Bush. There wasn't even a contested convention which a lot of people assumed. Even I doubted he would win outright with Lyin' Ted right there for awhile during the primary. He's definitely a good politician. Maybe better than he is at business. He's like Bernie coming up from ground zero except he won the primary whereas Bernie came up way short.

Am I being a super Hillary homer by not thinking the email address today was convoluted, complicated, etc? CNN has been harping about how she 'repeated' the lie when really she gave a detailed answer that is logical and you can follow. It's like they don't want her to answer it.

Joeytj

Banned
For those concerned with Paul Ryan:

Honestly, as much as I would love to see Ryan out of Congress or the Republican party destroy itself, a Ryan loss would've showed Trump supporters to be much more mobilized and numerous than what polls were showing. If a simple non-endorsement from Trump would've been enough to unseat Ryan in Wisconsin, then Hillary and the Democrats would be in much more trouble than polls show.

But, alas, Trump does seem to be really unpopular in the Wisconsin.

Against unfavorable odds Donald procured the votes he needed with ease and beat Jeb Bush. There wasn't even a contested convention which a lot of people assumed. Even I doubted he would win outright with Lyin' Ted right there for awhile during the primary. He's definitely a good politician. Maybe better than he is at business. He's like Bernie coming up from ground zero except he won the primary whereas Bernie came up way short.

kasha-david-sent-home-on-rupauls-drag-race-2015.gif

I mean, considering he's pretty terrible at business, I'm not sure that's a compliment.

Donald Trump is the personification of the insane wing of the GOP. He's now realized that the bat shit that works in the GOP primary doesn't work in the big leagues. He's bigly out of his depths.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Honestly, as much as I would love to see Ryan out of Congress or the Republican party destroy itself, a Ryan loss would've showed Trump supporters to be much more mobilized and numerous than what polls were showing. If with a simple non-endorsement from Trump would've been enough to unseat Ryan in Wisconsin, than Hillary and the Democrats would be in much more trouble than polls show.

But, alas, Trump does seem to be really unpopular in the Wisconsin.

Have we had any recent Wisconsin polls?

tmarg

Well, I can agree that he might be better at it than he is in business.

Donald Trump is good at identifying and working marks, ill-educated rubes who don't have the common sense nor the book smarts to know any better.

Now, I'm not calling TheLaughingStock any of those things necessarily, but I am saying that about forty percent of Republicans also probably hoard gold while waiting for the global economy to collapse on the advice of an advertiser that Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh pushes as "a guy who has the inside track on the REAL state of things in America." Not a hard group of people to swindle. Not impressed.

why would they listen to establishment sellouts like Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh when Ron Paul and Glenn Beck have been right this entire time???

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I love how Trump is so damn cheap that he plays public domain classical music at his rallies.

Was going to make a joke about the crowd in Green Bay being laughably white, but then remembered that all Trump crowds are anyway. Fun fact: Attending a Packers game is considered racial diversity training in the area! Okay FINE, it's not that that white.
Yes it totally is.
You could make a drinking game out of spotting minorities while tailgating and not even end up buzzed after 3-4 hours unless you created a loophole for watching the away team bus going by on its way from the airport. Desperate times.Aww. Not like I had any expectations, but still, aww...

Its shocking sometimes visiting north Wisconsin. And west Wisconsin. And really anywhere that's not where I grew up in the very southeast where my high school was like 20% hispanic and 20% black

ampere

Why are people so easily trolled in here? If you have to explain to someone that insulting a gold star family and white nationalism are bad politics, you are wasting your time

Its shocking sometimes visiting north Wisconsin. And west Wisconsin. And really anywhere that's not where I grew up in the very southeast where my high school was like 20% hispanic and 20% black

it's been pretty weird being in columbus after growing up in damn-near-majority-minority cleveland heights, i'll say as much

(i've never seen so many white people)

Are we sure that's what they're playing?

If you're watching on YouTube, for copyright reasons, a lot of streams pump public domain music over the licensed stuff.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
it's been pretty weird being in columbus after growing up in damn-near-majority-minority cleveland heights, i'll say as much

(i've never seen so many white people)

Holy fuck, this tangent got me looking up demographic stats and no wonder Boulder Colorado was so strange to me, black people are literally 0.9% of the population. I was genuinely shocked the first few weeks there at how homogenous it was, despite the fact that it was roughly the same size as where I grew up

He's bigly out of his depths.

That's possible. But no matter how much money you have...coming essentially off the street and ending up at this point in the campaign with let's say an estimated 20% probability of becoming POTUS is damn good. Time will tell what happens next.

In any event, I think it's very impressive and suggests skill at this line of work. Donald is a pretty good businessman. He certainly hasn't squandered all the opportunities he's been given like so many fortunate people do. His biggest negative IMO is that he's taken advantage of too many bankruptcies. I think politics is his calling tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom