• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does the chief of staff have to do with the SCOTUS?

I'm suggesting this will be Donald Trumps Supreme Court nomination. It was meant to be a quick joke, but I am working in a busy toll booth and didn't really flesh it out appropriately, resulting in a bad joke with poor context.

Please just kill me.

Edit: Wait, I read this wrong. Do please just kill me. It is so busy southbound today.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

ahahahahahaha.

obdJEpN.jpg

2lXkR8j.jpg

benjipwns

Banned
I thought he was a cobbler. I'll correct my records. That is, if he's still alive.
Actually, Box, there is something.

If you go into my quarters and examine the bulkhead next to the replicator, you'll notice there's a false panel. Behind that panel is a compartment containing an isolinear rod. If I'm not back within seventy eight hours, I want you to take that rod and eat it.

kess

So when you say "always" and "it's been" you mean "in progressive circles since the 1980s"?

Turkish immigrants were generally conservative leaning, and lip service was at least paid to Eastern Europeans and Cubans who were political refugees from Communist societies. Obviously these things shift.

DAT PIVOT

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 14m14 minutes ago
Crooked Hillary said loudly, and for the world to see, that she "SHORT CIRCUITED" when answering a question on her e-mails. Very dangerous!

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 3m3 minutes ago
Anybody whose mind "SHORT CIRCUITS" is not fit to be our president! Look up the word "BRAINWASHED."

What? GIrl...bye.

watershed

Banned
That's a really good idea for Trump. Instead of going after her weaknesses, make this about temperament, one of his most glaring weaknesses. This is one of the things that shows how tone deaf he is.

Bro, don't forget, Trump has one of the all-time best temperaments. One of the best temperaments in the world. Even better than his memory, which is first-class.

This is especially relevant to the post I quoted, which essentially argued "We know Trump is a good politician because he has succeeded where some thought he would fail." -- this is exactly what Taleb was warning against in terms of poor inference.

I'm saying I'm confident that his decisions have helped him succeed where others thought he would fail up to this point of the campaign. It's very impressive IMO. Edit: And as I said Taleb AFAIK has referred to Trump as possibly antifragile and a brilliant salesperson. He clearly may have transferable skills that have aided his campaign.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 3m3 minutes ago
Anybody whose mind "SHORT CIRCUITS" is not fit to be our president! Look up the word "BRAINWASHED."

What? GIrl...bye.
Trump has perfected the Republican art of taking valid criticism and going so far with it that no one takes it seriously anymore.

Dierce

I don't understand. Is there some strategy behind Clinton's campaign keeping the email nonsense alive? Can't Obama's campaign team take over? They were very competent and would never have resorted to self inflicted damage. All that Clinton needed to do is stay away for a few weeks but here we go again with the emails...

Holmes

I don't understand. Is there some strategy behind Clinton's campaign keeping the email nonsense alive? Can't Obama's campaign team take over? They were very competent and would never have resorted to self inflicted damage. All that Clinton needed to do is stay away for a few weeks but here we go again with the emails...
Well it's tough when it's all that reporters ask her.

Fuchsdh

I have actually posted sources in PoliGAF about how shaming does work, but I'm not going to go back and hunt them down because frankly this argument is INCREDIBLY STUPID and I'm tired of entertaining it. Social pressure, the threat of shame, and the promise of acceptance is literally how all people learn to function in society. This is absurdly basic stuff about how people socialize. "Shame doesn't work" is on the order of "earth probably flat" as far as I can tell, except it is possible you might not have traveled around the world before. You have definitely modified your choices because of shame before so maybe just consult your own lived experience.

Nothing like the "I can't be arsed to defend my position" attitude. Righto, enjoy wallowing in your self-righteousness. Can't wait until we bring back the stockades!

Iolo

Emails will be at least 45% of the three debates though. The debates are scheduled to be

Domestic policy
Emails
Foreign policy (and emails)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom