• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Poking the environmentalist hive seems like a really poorly thought out idea.

A really good campaign against the GOP could be run using nothing but pictures of wolf puppies.
Eh... those would be cute, but it's probably better to focus on one of the incredibly few animals on the list that actually do create [some] problems for [some] regular people out there.

I picked wolves because like every country store I've ever been to had entire aisles of clothing featuring wolves, wolf memorabilia, statues, figures, cards, whatever. They seem obsessed with them. And bass for some reason? Those aren't endangered, though. And it takes a certain person to find fish cute (like me)

I greatly prefer mountain lions, but nobody seems like to like them.

"The Republicans want to kill me!"
070921-1043-57.jpg

KITTENS

Bald eagles would be better, IMO.

No longer endangered

Thanks to the endangered species act

I'd find "the GOP wants to kill puppies and kittens" with sad wolf pups and sad puma kittens pictures in a montage to be more effective, since explaining how the act helped the eagle takes too many words.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I picked wolves because like every country store I've ever been to had entire aisles of clothing featuring wolves, wolf memorabilia, statues, figures, cards, whatever. They seem obsessed with them.

I greatly prefer mountain lions, but nobody seems like to like them.

"The Republicans want to kill me!"
070921-1043-57.jpg

KITTENS
I just think wolves are one species where you will get some significant sympathy for eliminating restrictions. GOP will trot out some ranchers to do publicity tours talking about how wolves are hurting their small, traditional lifestyles. You don't want to enable that to be the trojan horse for dismantling or defanging the law entirely.

tuxfool

Banned
No longer endangered

Thanks to the endangered species act

I'd find "the GOP wants to kill puppies and kittens" with sad wolf pups and sad puma kittens pictures in a montage to be more effective, since explaining how the act helped the eagle takes too many words.

Ever see the pictures of that eagle that got shotgunned in the beak? Had to have a 3d printed replacement beak. They don't give AF about the real animals.

I just think wolves are one species where you will get some significant sympathy for eliminating restrictions. GOP will trot out some ranchers to do publicity tours talking about how wolves are hurting their small, traditional lifestyles. You don't want to enable that to be the trojan horse for dismantling or defanging the law entirely.

Well, let's see...

Otters are cute and harmless

Cranes are majestic

Manatees are derpy and silly

Beavers are hard working American industrialists

Frogs are cute

There's a bunch of endangered American butterflies

Cute animals will end the GOP!

I would probably vote GOP if they could just get rid of all the bird in the country tbh. I fucking hate birds.

Otters are too precious to put at risk though.

Slacker

Listening to Morrissey/The Smiths at the office today to take my mind off politics and O CRAP GUYS EVERY SONG IS ABOUT TRUMP. Morrissey is some kind of time traveling wizard or something. Just a few examples:

“I was looking for a job and then I found a job, and heaven knows I’m miserable now.”

“You shut your mouth, how can you say I go about things the wrong way? I am human and I need to be loved.”

“Bigmouth strikes again and I’ve got no right to take my place in the human race.”

“I started something and now I’m not too sure.”

“Close your eyes and think of someone you physically admire, and let me kiss you.”

“The whispering may hurt you, but the printed word might kill you.”

And perhaps the most relevant:

“The boy with the thorn in his side, behind the hatred there lies a bumbling desire for love.”

Bonus for Melania:

“You say ere thrice the sun done salutation to the dawn and you claim these words as your own. But I've read well, and I've heard them said a hundred times maybe less maybe more.”

Mirand

One of my workmate's Trump voting mother just learned that Obamacare is what allowed her 23 year old daughter to stay on their healthcare. Oops. Chock up another one for willful ignorance.

Teggy

Lolololol

Richard 🐸 Spencer‏ @RichardBSpencer

Tulsi Gabbard is brave and the kind of person we need in the diplomatic corps.

Also, someone is releasing secret recordings of the GOP retreat.

Now when people ask me why I'm afraid of birds, I'll just tell them that it's because they're dinos.

Lolololol

Also, someone is releasing secret recordings of the GOP retreat.
It's like, such a weird thing to see Nazis like Indians. At least the Japanese were on their side the last time they were big!

I know people say to ignore the crowd size and hand size to concentrate on the real issues.

But what if the press ONLY asks about these questions? I think it might drive him to the brink.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
For real, is this because Trump doesn't want people to think his hands are small or does he want to signal he thinks he has superiority over Obama?

It's the hand-size thing. I guarantee it. This is a man who leaked this headline to the NYPost:

2016-02-01-1454344968-3054335-newyorkpostcover-thumb.jpg

He's the one that called them up and got the story done. He wanted the entire city to know he gave it to her and she liked it.

Of course it's about the hand-size!

JP_

Banned
Re: hands

There's a chance abc tried to find a copy of the image and accidentally grabbed the shopped one. The camera cuts to a slow zoom of the image but I'm not sure it's actually the camera looking at the framed image vs editing in the image. Seems like a lot of work to get that shot for real so I'd assume they easily edited in an image instead.

And I'm on my phone, but in the thread they have screen caps and I'm not even sure the image abc aired is shopped

Edit:
Get ready to have trump camp play the victim again

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
It's the hand-size thing. I guarantee it. This is a man who leaked this headline to the NYPost:

2016-02-01-1454344968-3054335-newyorkpostcover-thumb.jpg

He's the one that called them up and got the story done. He wanted the entire city to know he gave it to her and she liked it.

Of course it's about the hand-size!

This is the same man who pretended to be his own PR guy. What do you expect honestly?

tuxfool

Banned

About people laughing at his hands? Probably not. One thing people have to do is worry less about this stuff, not only the initial reaction, but also how it is perceived either way.

Why do all these pro life people want to have a bunch of single mothers on wealth fare running around? Because that's what's gonna happen if you have a bunch of women having all these unwanted pregnancies.

tuxfool

Banned
Why do all these pro life people want to have a bunch of single mothers on wealth fare running around? Because that's what's gonna happen if you have a bunch of women having all these unwanted pregnancies.

That is precisely what they want. They also want them to be poor and for them to suffer.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

Because it doesn't go with their beliefs. How does it effect their daily lives? It doesn't. It won't ruin their lives if someone has a abortion or anything. Just want to throw it down our throats because God says no.

JP_

Banned
About people laughing at his hands? Probably not. One thing people have to do is worry less about this stuff, not only the initial reaction, but also how it is perceived either way.
John Lewis mistakenly said he had never skipped an inauguration and trump/spicer brought it up like 20 times so they could act like they were the victims in that exchange

tuxfool

Banned
John Lewis mistakenly said he had never skipped an inauguration and trump/spicer brought it up like 20 times so they could act like they were the victims in that exchange

They're perfectly willing to make themselves out to be victims on a whole bunch of things. But if they're not victims they're perfectly willing to parade themselves as righteous aggressors too.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
They're perfectly willing to make themselves out to be victims on a whole bunch of things. But if they're not victims they're perfectly willing to parade themselves as righteous aggressors too.

Of course because once the media picks up on it and they are wrong. Trump jumps on it like no tomorrow to prove his point that the media is evil. Example of this is the MLK bust.

AndyD

aka andydumi

That's just the thing, an adult White House would let this go. If it's fake, it's menial and the kind if internet satire thing that happens to all Presidents. We'll just have to wait and see what we're dealing with.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Trump Says Persecuted Christians Will Be Given Priority As Refugees. Who isn't surprised by this.

http://www1.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/ar...christians-will-be-given-priority-as-refugees

Also he is now sticking to the opposition party.
http://www1.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/ar...stream-media-the-ldquo-opposition-party-rdquo

PRESIDENT TRUMP: ”Yeah, I think the media is the opposition party in many ways. And I think that, and I'm not talking about all of them. I know people, like yourself, but I know people in the media that I have tremendous respect for. Respect them as much as anybody, so I'm not talking about everybody, but a big portion of the media, the dishonesty, total deceit and deception. It makes them certainly partially the opposition party, absolutely. I think they're much more capable than the opposition party. The opposition party is losing badly. Now the media is on the opposition party's side. And I actually said to myself, I say they treat me so unfairly it's hard to believe that I won. But the fortunate thing about me is I have a big voice. I have a voice that people understand. And you see it now. We're bringing back jobs. Ford is making a massive investment now in Michigan, General Motors is going to be making just magnificent investments, so many other companies are coming back in. But yes, the media is a disgrace, and they've called me wrong from the beginning. (The) New York Times has called me wrong from the beginning."

Speaking of the life march, who are the elected, pro-life Dems at the moment?

I feel like it's only Peterson and Lipinski in the House, Manchin and Donnelly in the Senate, and Edwards as a governor? And like, Bob Casey kinda-sorta-maybe-not-really?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Speaking of the life march, who are the elected, pro-life Dems at the moment?

I feel like it's only Peterson and Lipinski in the House, Manchin and Donnelly in the Senate, and Edwards as a governor? And like, Bob Casey kinda-sorta-maybe-not-really?

They need more. The democrats have to start grooming people for political campaigns in redder areas. We had this discussion before, but Bart Stupak won twice in red northern Michigan because he was pro-life. There are many, many pro-life democrats who are in favor of things like Planned Parenthood.

blackw0lf

Trump's android is highly insecure and should be assumed to be currently exploited by multiple foreign intel agencies

https://www.lawfareblog.com/president-trumps-insecure-android

A Galaxy S3 does not meet the security requirements of the average teenager, let alone the purported leader of the free world. The best available Android OS on this phone (4.4) is a woefully out-of-date and unsupported. The S4, running 5.0.1, is only marginally better. Without exaggerating, hacking a Galaxy S3 or S4 is the type of project I would assign as homework for my advanced undergraduate classes. It’d be as simple as downloading a suitable exploit—depending on the version, Stagefright will do—and then entice Trump to clicking on a link. Alternatively, one could advertise malware on Breitbart and just wait for Trump to visit.

Once compromised, the phone becomes a bug—even more catastrophic than Great Seal—able to record everything around it and transmit the information once it reattaches to the network. And to be clear even a brand new, fully updated Android or iPhone is insufficient: The President of the United States is worth a great many multiples of expensive zero-day exploits.

Based on the available information, the working assumption should be that Trump's phone is compromised by at least one—probably multiple—hostile foreign intelligence services and is actively being exploited. This would be exponentially more dangerous if he were carrying this phone into especially secure places. Security experts were rightly aghast to learn that Secretary Clinton kept her BlackBerry in her secure office in the State Department. This is far worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom