• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could easily destabilize the efforts of the Americans working together with the Iraquis against ISIS. That along with Trumps rants about the oil.

Pixieking

Banned
I have no good feelings towards people like you whatsoever, especially now, and I wish you'd stop wandering into threads to drop nothing but blind fucking skull crushing ignorance.

This fucking piece of work dropped into a recent Russia thread, called everything about the dossier report lies and that nothing Trump did before being sworn in can get him impeached, and then dipped out.

I am so infuriated at the influx of Trumpers on GAF now. I'm worried it'll only get worse.

I don't know, I think we handled them here pretty well. Replied to them with measured questions, pointed them to actual facts, and when they said they were all about "the feelings" I, certainly, put them on ignore.

Because, quite honestly, "there are none so blind as those who will not see".

Dierce

This could easily destabilize the efforts of the Americans working together with the Iraquis against ISIS. That along with Trumps rants about the oil.
Orange turd and his idiots truly believe that they can rule the world through intimidation. A mobster thinking he can run a country like he runs his criminal enterprise.

Pixieking

Banned
The Islamic State has been oddly quiet about Trump
An expert on Islamic State media said the group appears to be holding fire deliberately, at least for now. ”I think they're just waiting for the right time," said Charlie Winter, senior research fellow at the International Center for the Study of Radicalization at King's College in London.

The group may be waiting in part because social media channels frequented by hard-line Islamists are already awash with Trump material. ”He's doing enough damage without them having to add anything," Winter said. ”His comments on torture, his comments on Muslim people – people are talking about this already."

JP_

Banned
There needs to be some sort of hashtag like #theydontgetabreakfrompolitics (but shorter) accompanied by links to stories of people being victims of Trump's decisions.

Besides all the obvious feelings everyone is having I am especially mad at anyone who ever said "as president, Trump will govern differently" and "campaign rhetoric is just campaign rhetoric".

Wilsongt

Besides all the obvious feelings everyone is having I am especially mad at anyone who ever said "as president, Trump will govern differently" and "campaign rhetoric is just campaign rhetoric".

I'm pissed off at people still bringing up the Democratic primary during all of this mess.

It's scary how quiet the Republican Party has been while Trump has been on his path of destruction. The party is truly too far gone at this point if they won't even speak up when the writing is on the wall that Russia and Trump are connected. It is a shame because I truly cannot see the party ever changing if they are willing to go this far to be in power.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Where are all the assholes who said Ivanka and Jared were going to moderate Trump?

Lindsey Graham doesnt have a problem with this. There will be no republican pushback. What all the optimistic people about Trumps administration being in chaos miss is that republicans actually supprt him

At the very least, they aren't willing to break with him publicly

It's scary how quiet the Republican Party has been while Trump has been on his path of destruction. The party is truly too far gone at this point if they won't even speak up when the writing is on the wall that Russia and Trump are connected. It is a shame because I truly cannot see the party ever changing if they are willing to go this far to be in power.
Why would they speak up? They basically will get somewhat of a pass if they don't speak against his actions. If they do Trump will roast them using Twitter/interviews/etc. and they're afraid they'll get beat in 2018 by a Trump Republican.

It's pretty obvious what's happening. LOL at everyone who thought the congress would hold him accountable on anything when 90+% of republicans VOTED FOR HIM.

Dierce

Lindsey Graham doesnt have a problem with this. There will be no republican pushback. What all the optimistic people about Trumps administration being in chaos miss is that republicans actually supprt him

At the very least, they aren't willing to break with him publicly
This is completely right. 90%+ of republicans support what orange vomit is doing, they are all willingly accepting an extremist ideology.

antonz

Man, Priebus looks miserable.

By reports Priebus is trying to keep the sanity wheels from falling off but at best he is potentially a voice of some reason in a sea of insanity. I mean Historically his position in the White House is extremely powerful but this is not a traditional white house so Priebus likely has almost none of the power his position would typically have.

By reports Priebus is trying to keep the sanity wheels from falling off but at best he is potentially a voice of some reason in a sea of insanity. I mean Historically his position in the White House is extremely powerful but this is not a traditional white house so Priebus likely has almost none of the power his position would typically have.

Like I said before, Priebus is Trump's man servant. Just like Guiliani and Christie were his lackeys doing his bidding.

antonz

Like I said before, Priebus is Trump's man servant. Just like Guiliani and Christie were his lackeys doing his bidding.

Yeah Priebus was let in the door to try and seem like Trump was making friends with the GOP. Bannon and Miller have all the power in this White House. Those are the heads of the snake that need to be targeted if there's any hope for a modicum of sanity.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I never seen the show but

https://twitter.com/LegendsofCH/status/825460950144843778
WeD0tVH.png

I agree. He's probably the least influential COS ever.

kirblar

Please bookmark this for the next time anyone ever tries to reference his opinion on anything.
@TheFix

The difficulty in covering President Trump is lots and lots of people believe everything he does is not just bad and wrong, it's evil.

Diablos

Why do I have this feeling that when the ACA is gutted, part of the taxes to pay for subsidies will instead go towards the wall. It would have hints of populism, you see, because the wealthiest among us would be paying for it.

It plays right into Trump's strange populist line of thinking and poor rust belters will love it.

Update on town hall if anyone cares:

-turnout was huge, at least double what was at the last meeting
-people were a lot less angry with the party than the last meeting
-calls to action were "fill the environmental committee chairman's email to demand climate change be discussed at all" and "please don't be discouraged and give up when nothing happens"
-anything that gets done will probably be R-lite because lol Idaho
-stopping proliferation of guns is a losing battle so the battleground Democrats are choosing is funding gun awareness and safety campaigns and defending public lands for use by hunters/outdoorsmen
-medicaid expansion is probably dead since the ACA is leaving and we lost the state senator who was its biggest advocate last election
-one guy was super pissed about the gas tax

All-in-all, it was pretty encouraging to see so many people showed up. The median age was really old but there were some new younger people I didn't recognize from previous party events. I also think my state representative is depressingly wasted on this state, she's a young-ish Native American woman with really good speaking skills but she's probably at the peak of her political career right now unless there's a massive influx of liberal professionals into Boise to make it a purplish state like Montana. She could probably win an election in Montana in a good year.

Ogodei

BS in Finance, Minor in Econ. Tariffs redirect spending, making international markets less desirable. I'm not going to argue economics here, as I don't feel qualified. If I'm wrong, then Trump is screwed by his own policies, and it will work itself out.

Tariffs just raise prices, because then domestic producers need only undercut the foreign product by the barest of margins. The tariff has to be *very* judiciously designed to offset the price difference between domestic producers and foreign producers. Otherwise they just let domestic producers jack the prices and not have to worry about foreign competitors. It also lowers production worldwide because of comparative advantage.

They're only effective to prevent dumping, which is when a country subsidizes its exports with a specific eye to running foreign competitors out of business (at which point they can hike the price sky-high because now they have a near-monopoly), where a tariff can restore market equilibrium and negate the advantage of the subsidy.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Man the Oscars are going to be something this year.
The Oscars are already meritless, so they should toss that Best Actress trophy at Meryl Streep and let her talk for as long as she wants.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Trita Parsi Verified account
‏@tparsi

I want to repeat: Green card holders were handcuffed, their social media was reviewed, and they were asked their views on Trump
#MuslimBan

This is insane. This isn't America.

How are Republicans going to be in a worse position in the future?

A bit late, but the main reason the GOP wants to keep the filibuster is because of the outright ineptitude of the House GOP. Ryan will absolutely try to get a bill over to the Senate that wrecks Social Security and Medicaid/care and other things like that (which will screw them just like in 2006). Mitch is relying on the fact that Dems will hate this stuff too, and he's hoping that we'll filibuster it to stop it instead of forcing him to stop it.

If he has to stop it, then he (and others) are at risk of getting Cantor'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom