• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ughhhhh I tried not to get excited about the thing but I did anyway and got sucked in. Dammit.

So, my only piece of co fusion is, if this was something the agency heads gave(or didn't I guess?) to Trump to show him how bad intelligence looks, then what was McCain's involvement? Idk.

Wilsongt

There's nothing to get excited about. If both Obama and Ballsack have been briefed and shown this information, and nothing happened behind closed doors, nothing will happen now.

The only difference now is that the public now knows and Trump is furious about it because is microscopically fragile ego got hurt.

Sianos

Since McCain confirms that he submitted the intel to the FBI, it can't be true that the intel was generated internally to teach Trump some critical thinking skills, since McCain submitted it from an external source, the allegedly credible former M16 member.

Regardless of whether the report turns out to be true or not, I believe this NBC story is false or a misconstruance of some other document.

Okay, now I've had some time to sleep and actually read up on what's going on...

If the allegations were true or substantiated enough I'd like to think that Obama wouldn't be so stupid as to not disclose it in advance of the election. His legacy would be forever tarnished by complicity allowing a Russian stooge to take the presidency through his failure to inform the public of such a massive national security problem. So I think Occam's Razor would lead us to the conclusion that the report is just rumor/hearsay without enough substantiation.

I don't think I can ever watch this man again except through the lens of Stephen Colbert. Its the only way I can swallow it.

It's like swallowing terrible tasting medicine, except this medicine tastes and feels like acid. I need it mixed in with something else first.

dramatis

Okay, now I've had some time to sleep and actually read up on what's going on...

If the allegations were true or substantiated enough I'd like to think that Obama wouldn't be so stupid as to not disclose it in advance of the election. His legacy would be forever tarnished by complicity allowing a Russian stooge to take the presidency through his failure to inform the public of such a massive national security problem. So I think Occam's Razor would lead us to the conclusion that the report is just rumor/hearsay without enough substantiation.
Obama was not informed about these documents until December.

Dierce

Obama was extremely confident that Clinton would win and as a Democrat trying to play fair, didn't want to seem like he was influencing the election on his own by revealing such information (he could have forced the IRS to reveal orange shit's tax returns).

The report only scratches the surface, orange turd has done far worse than what we can imagine.

mAcOdIn

Since McCain confirms that he submitted the intel to the FBI, it can't be true that the intel was generated internally to teach Trump some critical thinking skills, since McCain submitted it from an external source, the allegedly credible former M16 member.

Regardless of whether the report turns out to be true or not, I believe this NBC story is false or a misconstruance of some other document.
No-one's said that the US Intelligence Community made up the claims, only that they compiled the "unverified" claims to show him the difference between what they consider verified evidence and unverified evidence and also as a point to show him what's floating out there about him.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Lower deductibles. That's an interesting and specific promise. Basically just remove the restrictions on what plans cover so people can go back to their useless shit?

sphagnum

Banned
It just occurred to me that every single president since 1992 has been viewed as illegitimate by the other side.

Clinton killed his enemies and had the media in his pocket.
Bush stole the election.
Obama was a secret Kenyan.
Trump is a Russian Manchurian candidate.

(But only two of these are true).

Wilsongt

It just occurred to me that every single president since 1992 has been viewed as illegitimate by the other side.

Bush stole the election.

Obama was a Kenyan and...?

Rubio was sticking it to to Trump. Grilled the shit out of Tillerson. I don't see him voting for him and if he does, he has no spine. Tillerson is so fucking unqualified.

Mike M

Nick N
And once Trump purges our intelligence apparatus, we'll never hear anything about possible links to Russia ever again : /

Dierce

And once Trump purges our intelligence apparatus, we'll never hear anything about possible links to Russia ever again : /

The CIA will go rogue, maybe we will see Kingsman happen in real life, with orange turd playing the role of Valentine.

Wilsongt

Are Rubio, McCain, and Graham becoming our moderate Republicans? Or have we been so knee deep in Republican bullshit that they are coming off as reasonable because they're not their normal, crazy selves?

Are Rubio, McCain, and Graham becoming our moderate Republicans? Or have we been so knee deep in Republican bullshit that they are coming off as reasonable because they're not their normal, crazy selves?
McCain was always moderate and only recently went crazy. It's not really unusual to see him moderate

Maybe Trump is giving McCain a chance to go back to how he was before 08

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Obama's idea about the moral arc of the universe bending to justice is bullshit. The moral arc of the universe bends to whomever pulls harder.

Obama's idea? Theodore Parker's ("I do not pretend to understand the moral universe; the arc is a long one, my eye reaches but little ways; I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. And from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice."), who went on to inspire famous speeches by Abraham Lincoln and later Martin Luther King who both used derivations of the phrase.

Know your civil rights history. :p

Wilsongt

This was a hoax started on 4Chan...as many readers have already noted. Is there anyone left with any credibility and integrity? Not the news media, not the intelligence services...

Oh Facebook...

Zereta

Nah.

But I think Russia is a particular line that no one else has the balls to cross apparently. And, bless them for it.

McCain, Graham and perhaps Rubio might be our only saving grace when it comes to stopping specific moves a Trump presidency can make.

Chuck Todd praising Trump's ability to deflect and make the media look disjointed

Fucking moron. Stop scoring this shit like it's a god damn ice skating contest.

Wilsongt

So the "4chan made it up" idea is becoming overwhelming acceptd by certain people and they are calling the release fake news.

God damnit this country is made up of some fucking stupid people.

studyguy

So the "4chan made it up" idea is becoming overwhelming acceptd by certain people and they are calling the release fake news.

God damnit this country is made up of some fucking stupid people.

Certain people being the disingenuous wing.
You're not going to convince those types. Just focus on the moderates who still deal with reason

Nah, he could certainly purge the top level folks, but he doesn't have the interest or ability to adequately clean out massive gov't organizations. The bosses can sweat, but the agents shouldn't really worry.

I suspect that'll be a feature of most scandals in the next 4 years under Trump; lots of rank and file DC government workers leaking shit left and right to make their hated boss look bad, and him not knowing how to fix the holes.

Bush stole the election.

Clinton was also only voted in due to Perot splitting the vote (this is not true but widely repeated).

Barzul

Obama should've tarnished any goodwill he had with both sides and forced in Merrick Garland precedent be damned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom