• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickster

If Trump somehow manages to implement his 20% tariff on Mexico, I could legit see blue Texas in 2020.

Would it really need to take some major fuck up on Trump's part you think? Looking the results, Hillary did almost 2% better than Obama did in '12. Which stands in contrast to most states where she lost several percentages compared to the '12 election.

I see all this planning going into the next big march on DC for Tax Day and I can't help but feel that April seems too far away. After 3 months of Trump, are we really going to want to protest the release of his tax returns after what we've seen him do after one week? I feel like we're going to have bigger things to worry about by then.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
CNN reporting Gorsuch is the favorite for SCOTUS.

Just tell the people who mention it to go to hell. They are deplorable imbeciles, especially if they realize that it's the wrong thing to do since they are looking for an excuse to justify their lack of morality.

We shouldn't use evidence against these right wing monsters, we are past that. It does us no good.

I'm sure that mindset makes your dick hard but my dad who I never talk to about politics posted something from Infowars and I just wanted to gently guide him away from that nonsense.

I like how his Wikipedia article spends one paragraph talking about how he's for a strict interpretation of the Constitution, and the next talks about how he believes in a broad interpretation of religious freedom.

So... he's not really for a strict interpretation, he's a theocrat.

Pixieking

Banned

Wiki on Neil Gorsuch

Conservative, sided with Hobby Lobby, and against using courts for socially progressive causes like gay marriage.

On the flip-side
In writing his opinion for Gutierrez-Brizuela v. Lynch, Gorsuch postulated that the 1984 case of Chevron U.S.A., Inc. v. Natural Resources Defense Council, Inc., which gives federal agencies (and not the courts) the authority to interpret ambiguous laws and regulations, should be reconsidered

Something that removes power from federal agencies and gives it to courts is a good thing for the near future?

Dierce

The Great Negotiator

"No."
"ok."
He will probably just issue an executive order saying that prices will be negotiated and it will mean nothing. His base never cares when he lies to them and republicans in general couldn't be more content as they watch the entire world burn and suffer.

I'm sure that mindset makes your dick hard but my dad who I never talk to about politics posted something from Infowars and I just wanted to gently guide him away from that nonsense.
Search "obama iraq ban 2011" and you'll get some good sources including Foreign Policy magazine and Politifact (which should have more sources). Hope that helps.

Pixieking

Banned

Big differences between Trump and Obama on refugees

Channel 4 News is the real decent news program in the UK, btw. BBC can suck it, since they're caught between cries of Tory/Labour bias, and not wanting to upset the apple cart with regards to the License Fee. :/

Ogodei

Hardiman i could've seen them capitulating on, Gorsuch is literally worse than Scalia (although remember, Thomas is actually the far right end on the Court as it stands).

If McConnell has to nuke the filibuster for this, so be it, but it should not occur with a single Democratic vote (well, Manchin, but he's already made his bed).

With ALEX JONES I will head INFOWARS DC News Bureau & apply to be White House Correspondent for INFOWARS - I'm excited about the opportunity

https://twitter.com/jerome_corsi/status/826312990328758272

Feels like it been a month of this shit.

Alex Jones ‏@RealAlexJones
I don't drink fluoridated water! Neither should you!

C3fOCKZVcAAeDtd.jpg

https://twitter.com/RealAlexJones/status/826355595624251392

Wilsongt

Hardiman i could've seen them capitulating on, Gorsuch is literally worse than Scalia (although remember, Thomas is actually the far right end on the Court as it stands).

If McConnell has to nuke the filibuster for this, so be it, but it should not occur with a single Democratic vote (well, Manchin, but he's already made his bed).

Manchin just needs to change his D to an R.
It's clear WV Democrats are holder dixiecrats.

Chumley

Banned
With ALEX JONES I will head INFOWARS DC News Bureau & apply to be White House Correspondent for INFOWARS - I'm excited about the opportunity

https://twitter.com/jerome_corsi/status/826312990328758272

Feels like it been a month of this shit.

Can someone put me in cryosleep so I can wake up when this is all over. Please.

Every day is like a bad dream. I'm going to have to become one of those weird fuckers who go off the grid and stop paying attention to current events.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Can someone put me in cryosleep so I can wake up when this is all over. Please.

Every day is like a bad dream. I'm going to have to become one of those weird fuckers who go off the grid and stop paying attention to current events.

I am at that point but I can't stop. My girlfriend is calling me obsessed. Hence why I need to talk about it here or anywhere.

Cheers smokeymicpot, Bonen no Max'd and Pixieking. Slightly annoyed at myself for having poor google skills.

Anytime here to help. Sadly no one will listen.

Mother fucking trump. This is precisely what he said he would do during the campaign. That he would commit war crimes by having the families of terrorists murdered.

Orange fascist is no different than a terrorists. Fucking disgusting piece of filth.

...you do know that the dude's son was already killed by the previous administration, and that the press secretary excused the death by blaming it on his father, yes?

A large share of the american public simply does not give a fuck, so long as some sand niggers get killed way the fuck away from them. The same happens with torture. If they did, they'd seriously rethink all the droning nonsense.

If there is one thing that i welcome during Poppa's Trump administration, is not having to see democrats creating excuses for this shitstain of a policy.

Gorsuch wants to destroy the regulatory state using the court so I don't know think he should be supported.

Libertarians hate Gorsuch despite his hard-on for business because Gorsuch loves the police, lol.

bgbball31

Chao confirmed by the senate to be Transportation Secretary. 93-6.

Schumer, Bernie, Gillibrand, Merkley (D-OR), Booker and Warren all voted no on her.

Maledict

Manchin just needs to change his D to an R.
It's clear WV Democrats are holder dixiecrats.

Manchin votes with democrats most of the time. Whilst he absolutely is the right most democratic senator, he's also the left most republican by quite a way (not including Murkowski). Any republican elected from West Virginia is going to be far, far more right wing.

He's the best democrat we are going to get in that seat. Any republican would be far worse. Why on earth would we want him to change party?

Chao seems like, fine. I get the argument for voting for or against her and I don't think it matters either way.

Manchin votes with democrats most of the time. Whilst he absolutely is the right most democratic senator, he's also the left most republican by quite a way (not including Murkowski). Any republican elected from West Virginia is going to be far, far more right wing.

He's the best democrat we are going to get in that seat. Any republican would be far worse. Why on earth would we want him to change party?
Did you mean Collins? I think he's about the same as her in raw left-right voting.

Pixieking

Banned
...you do know that the dude's son was already killed by the previous administration, and that the press secretary excused the death by blaming it on his father, yes?

A large share of the american public simply does not give a fuck, so long as some sand niggers get killed way the fuck away from them.

The way to focus on this is, sadly, to not point out the "dirty foreigners" being killed, but rather the US servicemen giving their lives for a Commander in Chief who is wholly un-American.

Dierce

A large share of the american public simply does not give a fuck, so long as some sand niggers get killed way the fuck away from them. The same happens with torture. If they did, they'd seriously rethink all the droning nonsense.

If there is one thing that i welcome during Poppa's Trump administration, is not having to see democrats creating excuses for this shitstain of a policy.

Of course but the difference that I pointed out is that orange fascist got into power by pledging to do those things. So I can bet that more of this will happen and the right will not be outraged.

tbm24

It doesn't help when people view these seats as just numbers on a team instead of reps if their respective states and constituents.

Trickster

Schumer, Bernie, Gillibrand, Merkley (D-OR), Booker and Warren all voted no on her.

Interesting that pretty much the only ones that voted no of the democrats are the ones that are currently very high profile among democrats.

Possible that there's a strategy behind it ?

Gillary voting no to Trump's entire cabinet is going to get her so much love even though her votes aren't making a difference, lol.

It's a great political strategy though.

Maledict

Chao seems like, fine. I get the argument for voting for or against her and I don't think it matters either way.

Did you mean Collins? I think he's about the same as her in raw left-right voting.

Actually you're right, Collins is so far to the left I didn't spot her on the chart! Collins is more left wing than 5 democrats - tester, nelson, Donnelly, heitkamp and manchin.

So that's two republicans more left wing. Of course the other senator for West Virginia is smack in the middle of the pack for right wing republicans, but apparently that's better than having a democrat who votes with us most of the time or something?

Spicer just pisses me off every time he speaks. He's so fucking angry and fear-inducing. I don't know how many more of these press conferences I can even listen to. It's not like he says anything worth a shit.

UberTag

Wiki on Neil Gorsuch

Conservative, sided with Hobby Lobby, and against using courts for socially progressive causes like gay marriage.

On the flip-side

Something that removes power from federal agencies and gives it to courts is a good thing for the near future?

Not in the way they intend to use it.

Chevron deference is usually applied to protect pro-environmental rulings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom