• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Baker is supporting a legal challenge to the ban in MA. Not exactly surprising, though.

It's going to be interesting to see what the feeling is like here in 2018. He is popular, but there may be enough anger to just want to kick every Republican out.

Afrodium

Banned
Like I can't believe this motherfucker can say with a straight face that both sides of the aisle recognize that a Supreme Court confirmation is no place for political obstruction.

Donald J. Trump
‏@realDonaldTrump

If the ban were announced with a one week notice, the "bad" would rush into our country during that week. A lot of bad "dudes" out there!
---

But if Spicer says it's not a ban....

UberTag

Donald J. Trump
‏@realDonaldTrump

If the ban were announced with a one week notice, the "bad" would rush into our country during that week. A lot of bad "dudes" out there!
---

But if Spicer says it's not a ban....
It's the media's fault for holding the President's tweets at face value.

Now Spicer is dodging the question which is entirely about the language in Yates' dismissal - because, in his mind, AG' should be complicit with the President and not the law.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
They get their daily cookie as mandated by President Bannon.
We should consider it a blessing that InfoWars isn't skyping in to ask questions yet.

Breitbart’s Matt Boyle asks if the admin thinks there will be “more problems” with Obama admin holdovers in gov, asks how many exist

That was the question.

They will be in there shortly.

I look forward to the day when Spicer burns out and ODs on Dippin' Dots.

Seriously though, nothing about the last two weeks are sustainable. Not Trump, not Spicer, not any of it. The whole thing is going to explode soon.

SpecX

His eyes are bloodshot and the bags underneath are getting huge. I've noticed this on Trump as well. They keep this shit up and their health will get the best of them. I cannot recall any other President looking this beat down this early into their term.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
http://www.haaretz.com/us-news/1.768792

U.S. Embassy Reassures Israelis Born in Arab Countries on Trump's Travel Ban

The U.S. embassy in Tel Aviv issued a statement on Tuesday to clarify the status of visas held by Israelis born in Arab countries, in light of an entry ban issued by the Trump administration to nationals from seven Muslim-majority countries.

The embassy said that: “If you have a currently valid U.S. visa in your Israeli passport and were born in Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, or Yemen, and do not have a valid passport from one of these countries, your visa was not cancelled and remains valid."
It added that  Israelis born in any of these countries may still apply for U. S. visas.

kadotsu

Banned
His eyes are bloodshot and the bags underneath are getting huge. I've noticed this on Trump as well. They keep this shit up and their health will get the best of them. I cannot recall any other President looking this beat down this early into their term.

5 day work weeks will do that to ya!

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

Keep it up Trump. Rage all day and cry like a bitch all night until your blood pressure soars and an aneurysm ruptures in your brain. I'll dance a merry fucking jig.

http://www.haaretz.com/us-news/1.768792

U.S. Embassy Reassures Israelis Born in Arab Countries on Trump's Travel Ban

The U.S. embassy in Tel Aviv issued a statement on Tuesday to clarify the status of visas held by Israelis born in Arab countries, in light of an entry ban issued by the Trump administration to nationals from seven Muslim-majority countries.

The embassy said that: “If you have a currently valid U.S. visa in your Israeli passport and were born in Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, or Yemen, and do not have a valid passport from one of these countries, your visa was not cancelled and remains valid."
It added that  Israelis born in any of these countries may still apply for U. S. visas.

Doesn't this more or less confirm that it's a religious ban and will be a big help in getting it shot down in the courts?

What a fucking mess.

@CharESilver
Reports from LA that US Marshals are refusing to enforce fed court orders against CBP. They've been instructed to take orders from US Atty.

‏@CharESilver
Just spoke w/ an immigration atty in LA. Told me that no one is receiving service of process of 3 court orders that apply to LAX: NY, MA, LA

@CharESilver
After a man was deported from LAX in defiance of the NY/MA court ordered stay, an LA court issued a TRO against the CBP/DHS

@CharESilver
Now CBP/DHS in LAX have three court orders that it should be in compliance with, but no agency has acknowledged these orders.

‏@CharESilver
Wouldn't be necessary except when CBP deported the man they showed they may not comply with court orders.

‏@CharESilver
So imm. lawyers went to US Marshal, the enforcement branch of judiciary, asking them to serve orders to CBP, but they refused...

‏@CharESilver
... saying they were instructed by Office of the General Counsel to await instruction from the U.S. Attorney’s office.

@CharESilver
So lawyers went to US Atty. US Atty office was about to accept the proof of service on behalf of CBP/DHS, but were abruptly called away...

‏@CharESilver
... When they came back they informed immigration lawyers they could not sign.

‏@CharESilver
They did not inform the immigration lawyers who instructed the US Atty office not to sign.

‏@CharESilver
Immigration lawyer says they do not know if CBP has continued to deport people, but they are continuing to detain people.

Amanda Terkel ‏@aterkel 6m6 minutes ago
Sean Spicer says blocking Merrick Garland was different, bc it came in the ”fourth term." So that was okay.

I guess I missed the third and fourth terms of Obama's presidency.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Sean Spicer says blocking Merrick Garland was different, bc it came in the “fourth term.” So that was okay.

So 4th term means shit? That makes no fucking sense. Assholes all of them.

Ogodei

Trump is 70, overweight, doesn't exercise, and doesn't seem to sleep all that much (given the timing of his tweets). The only thing he has going for him health-wise is being a teetotaler.

That combined with constant anxiety over being hated, and there's a nasty brew for you.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
C3hW_DdXUAE1AzV.jpg
CNN gives no fucks when their A game is on.

UberTag

Sean Spicer says blocking Merrick Garland was different, bc it came in the “fourth term.” So that was okay.

I'm sure he'll have another excuse when a SCOTUS judge drops dead in Year 7 or 8 of Trump's administration where said action by the Democrats will be constituted as treasonous.

Because, hey, hypocrisy = WIN. That's the core value of this administration.

I went to Google News to see what's going on in the world, and it was stories about Dumbass Trump's executive orders after another, until I realized Google has a whole news category dedicated to Executive Orders.

Wow.

Pixieking

Banned
Whelp, that's game, everybody. Democracy was nice while it lasted.

Is there any way the lack of enforcement of the court orders can be waved away, like as an accident or miscommunication? It seems to be very specifically on purpose, but I don't want to leap to conclusions.

Diablos

More evidence that Dems in general took Obama for granted. He figured out how to win and you refused to learn from him. THEN you have the nerve to blame her loss on him not willing to grandstand during an election. Russia and then Comey did lots of damage, followed by Hillary's campaign being woefully inept and tone deaf. Not to mention the media was a complete failure in holding Trump accountable for anything beyond the Billy Bush tape. Obama not being more aggressive in response to the hacks wouldn't have done a fucking thing and even if it did Clinton's campaign has no room to criticize.

Fucking infuriates me how much everyone walked all over Obama. Let's see you get someone else elected to the WH before you talk shit on a two term Democratic President. If any other Republican won I'd probably register as an independent (and still vote Democratic) but it's important for my vote to help ensure this party gets back on track going up against Hitler Jr.

Because Nancy Pelosi has a town hall at 8pm on CNN
Oh that does explain a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom