• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Trump being in charge of the drones, like with executive actions, will encourage liberals to be more circumspect about the powers granted to the executive.

As long as the legislature continues to abdicate their historical responsibilities the executive is going to have too much power. The US government can't just grind into decay because one branch of government refuses to do its job.

Is there any way the lack of enforcement of the court orders can be waved away, like as an accident or miscommunication? It seems to be very specifically on purpose, but I don't want to leap to conclusions.
Assuming the facts as laid out in those tweets are accurate? Not really. Executive branch reached out and subverted the enforcement arm of the judicial branch. That's not really something we can walk back from.

Pixieking

Banned
Assuming the facts as laid out in those tweets are accurate? Not really. Executive branch reached out and subverted the enforcement arm of the judicial branch. That's not really something we can walk back from.

*nods* Fair enough. Trying to find corroborating evidence to add to those tweets is a little difficult, just because the amount of stuff that's happening. But I'll keep on looking.

Breitbart Washington bureau chief Matt Boyle gets a question.

It never ends.

Was that when this journalist made this face?

bg6vzis.png

SpecX

More evidence that Dems in general took Obama for granted. He figured out how to win and you refused to learn from him. THEN you have the nerve to blame her loss on him not willing to grandstand during an election. Russia and then Comey did lots of damage, followed by Hillary's campaign being woefully inept and tone deaf. Not to mention the media was a complete failure in holding Trump accountable for anything beyond the Billy Bush tape. Obama not being more aggressive in response to the hacks wouldn't have done a fucking thing and even if it did Clinton's campaign has no room to criticize.

Fucking infuriates me how much everyone walked all over Obama. Let's see you get someone else elected to the WH before you talk shit on a two term Democratic President. If any other Republican won I'd probably register as an independent (and still vote Democratic) but it's important for my vote to help ensure this party gets back on track going up against Hitler Jr.

Oh that does explain a lot.

Agreed, could Obama have done more? Of course, but the loss wasn't his fault when the Clinton team spent so much time raising money and not trying harder to relate to the voter base. Obama came out in his campaign and had a clear message, Hope and Change. Trump did the same with his message, MAGA. I don't even recall what the Clinton message was. Yes Queen? I'm with her? What was she trying to drive? I'm not saying that not having a catchy message was the only issue, but she failed to capture the fan base in a way that would rally people to come out and vote for her.

She presented herself as very cocky during the debates with all the excessive smiling and laughing, she didn't relate with the poor/jobless victims with her big fundraiser parties in California with the extremely high entry price and high profile guests. At the end of it all, they were responsible for delivering successful messaging and rallying the base to get them to victory and they failed.

Like, if that thing about the US Marshalls is true, then... I guess Bannon won. He's caused a breakdown in the separation of powers, and it took him less than a month. Just needed one morally repugnant and sloppily put together executive order.

Even if Congress does impeach Trump, I wouldn't expect the administration to comply, at this point.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Like, if that thing about the US Marshalls is true, then... I guess Bannon won. He's caused a breakdown in the separation of powers, and it took him less than a month. Just needed one morally repugnant and sloppily put together executive order.

Even if Congress does impeach Trump, I wouldn't expect the administration to comply, at this point.

They will do what ever they want during that time. This won't end well.

Trump is gonna fire her by midnight.

You posted this yesterday at 4:33pm, Nostradomus. Any other predictions? Will he be impeached or are we all falling for the same flawed logic that told us he just can't win the election, leaving him untouched for 4-8 years?

What the fuck is Trump talking about? DNC spent hundreds of millions for cyber? No they fucking didn't. How can you be hacked but have a strong defense?

Pixieking

Banned
Agreed, could Obama have done more? Of course, but the loss wasn't his fault when the Clinton team spent so much time raising money and not trying harder to relate to the voter base. Obama came out in his campaign and had a clear message, Hope and Change. Trump did the same with his message, MAGA. I don't even recall what the Clinton message was. Yes Queen? I'm with her? What was she trying to drive? I'm not saying that not having a catchy message was the only issue, but she failed to capture the fan base in a way that would rally people to come out and vote for her.

She presented herself as very cocky during the debates with all the excessive smiling and laughing, she didn't relate with the poor/jobless victims with her big fundraiser parties in California with the extremely high entry price and high profile guests. At the end of it all, they were responsible for delivering successful messaging and rallying the base to get them to victory and they failed.

At what point does it switch from the candidate's duty to be charismatic, intelligent, empathetic and respectful, to the voter's duty to actually look at the issues, the policies, and the opponent?

Edit:
Foreign Policy Retweeted
columlynch ‏@columlynch 5m5 minutes ago

N. Haley tells reporters outside UNSC Iran's ballistic missile test "unacceptable." U.S. response unclear. She did not take questions

So apparently Trump and Bannon are planning more executive orders. Don't know if this will fuck me over because I plan on applying to have conditions removed on my GC this year, obtained through my wife. And this shit just seems to be changing willy-nilly. Never received any govt assistance though, I technically can't.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...omepage/story&utm_term=.2df316e89dfc#comments

It will fuck you over, given how we've seen the Muslim ban put into effect. They don't care for the actual text of the document.

I would care so much more about these "Trump voters love what Trump is doing!" stories if they were about Obama -> Trump voters, or people who were Obama -> Didn't Vote.

Barzul

It will fuck you over, given how we've seen the Muslim ban put into effect. They don't care for the actual text of the document.

God I hope not. It'd basically mean my adult life as I know it upended and me being separated from my family. Still going to follow the laws as they exist and send in my application, and whatever happens will happen. I'm midway through a Masters in "the cyber" too.

Dierce

Incoming brain drain

Of course they are going to restrict immigration from everywhere. Im seriously considering leaving now

It is not just about restricting immigration. It is about making immigrants or anyone that isn't white a second class citizen. This is full naziism.

Mirand

Looks like the stock markets are down again today. Curious to see how the markets continue to react from cascading chaos.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
At what point does it switch from the candidate's duty to be charismatic, intelligent, empathetic and respectful, to the voter's duty to actually look at the issues, the policies, and the opponent?

Edit:

Never. That's politics.

SpecX

Edit:

True and informed voters looked up what she represented and voted for her. Her team still needed to make sure the message got to the those unwilling to seek out more information and facts and I think this is where they failed. The media also didn't help when all I saw on the local news was her grand parties with Hollywood celebs which only helped drive more disconnect.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Can we just have an asteroid kill the human race now pls?

I mean, everyone in here made fun of the word "optics" before the election, but they were all wrong. Politics IS optics.

Optics matter for some people. They clearly didn't matter for Trump.
Optics matter if you Let them matter. If Trump had apologized he'd have been sunk. He didn't, so people let it all slide. We assume that the rules just Matter, but most social conventions have exactly as much sway as you let them have.

Ditto checks and balances, apparently.

Pixieking

Banned
Unfortunately it just missed.

Boo. :(

True and informed voters looked up what she represented and voted for her. Her team still needed to make sure the message got to the those unwilling to seek out more information and facts and I think this is where they failed. The media also didn't help when all I saw on the local news was her grand parties with Hollywood celebs which only helped drive more disconnect.

I mean, everyone in here made fun of the word "optics" before the election, but they were all wrong. Politics IS optics.

I don't know... The thing is, I'm in the middle of these two points. I think the onus ought to be on voters to educate themselves, but on the flip-side, I can totally appreciate how things appear, and how the disconnect of appearance and reality occurs.

White House is really leaky with these EOs. Did they not get Trump loyalists as staffers or what?

This is a stupid mike allen jerk-off piece.

Axios is politico in all but name. They grant anonymity for nothing and sell high priced subscriptions and advertising space for rubes

Those "launch partners", yuck.

So apparently Trump and Bannon are planning more executive orders. Don't know if this will fuck me over because I plan on applying to have conditions removed on my GC this year, obtained through my wife. And this shit just seems to be changing willy-nilly. Never received any govt assistance though, I technically can't.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...omepage/story&utm_term=.2df316e89dfc#comments

These seem ripe for court challenges, especially due process. And they'll also lead to protests nation white, larger than current ones, EVERYWHERE.

This has the chance to be their Prop 187 moment. The human interest in the video that will come.

White House is really leaky with these EOs. Did they not get Trump loyalists as staffers or what?

Trial Ballons, also could be legal reviewers slipping them out

Probably a sign of dissension, isn't it? I have to imagine some of the more "Establishment" Republicans aren't on board with everything that's going on, even if it's not necessarily for moral or ethical reasons (i.e. because they fear the backlash may hit the party)

tuxfool

Banned
These seem ripe for court challenges, especially due process. And they'll also lead to protests nation white, larger than

This has the chance to be their Prop 187 moment. The human interest in the video that will come.

Trial Ballons, also could be legal reviewers slipping them out

Don't fix this.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

If they were smart I'd assume this was all a way to figure out where the leaks are. Write up a bunch of EOs, pass them around, see what gets leaked, and repeat until leaks are found. But they're not smart so it's probably just people with actual souls and empathy leaking this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom