• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so here's the thing, there are no good Republicans. The strategy for 2018 shouldn't be to flip Republicans but to make them too ashamed to come out to vote.

C37YYhqXAAYTQgi.jpg

Disgusting.

I actually don't know if Clemson is any better than Alabama.

Just as much racist shit goes on at that campus than at Alabama. (See: Tillman Hall).

I actually don't know if Clemson is any better than Alabama.

Just as much racist shit goes on at that campus than at Alabama. (See: Tillman Hall).

I mean, they're both schools in the Deep South.

But Alabama is the New England of college football (expect far more dominant) so they are the team everyone roots against.

I wouldn't call Alabama the New England of college sports.

They are dominant yes, but they haven't been caught in any cheating scandals. Plus, their fans are pretty mild (just look at the cfb-gaf Alabama fans).

Hell, anecdotally speaking, Clemson fans are bigger asses than Bama fans.

If you want a New England equivalent at the college level, that would be Penn State making the championship game.

They are dominant yes, but they haven't been caught in any cheating scandals. Plus, their fans are pretty mild (just look at the cfb-gaf Alabama fans).

If you want a New England equivalent at the college level, that would be Penn State making the championship game.

Yikes, I hate the pats but nah..

Pop pls..

Rutgers is the New England of College Football... /s

Chichikov

Super mild, yes.

V4fNrVR.gif

For the record, in my experience Bama fans do not have a higher concentration of awful people than any of your big, football-as-a-religion programs out there. But that still put them far far far away from being "pretty mild".
In any case, Saban is the devil. Belichick is the devil. Story checks out.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
That over 45 versus sub-45 contrast is still surprising

chadskin

@realDonaldTrump:
Any negative polls are fake news, just like the CNN, ABC, NBC polls in the election. Sorry, people want border security and extreme vetting.

omgggg

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 5m5 minutes ago
More
I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it. Some FAKE NEWS media, in order to marginalize, lies!

All the news about Bannon is starting to get to him

gaugebozo

Clemson is an ACC team even though they're in the Deep South.

It gets confusing, South Carolina is more "South" than Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Missouri, but well....
Conferences don't make sense. Rutgers and Nebraska are in the Big Ten which has 14 teams.

Super mild, yes.

V4fNrVR.gif

For the record, in my experience Bama fans do not have a higher concentration of awful people than any of your big, football-as-a-religion programs out there. But that still put them far far far away from being "pretty mild".
In any case, Saban is the devil. Belichick is the devil. Story checks out.
As a Michigan State fan, I can confirm Nick Saban is the biblical figure known as the devil.

@realDonaldTrump:
Any negative polls are fake news, just like the CNN, ABC, NBC polls in the election. Sorry, people want border security and extreme vetting.

omgggg
Swear to fucking Christ if the polls blow it again in 2020 and predict a Trump loss only for him to pull it out again, I don't know what I'll do.

All the news about Bannon is starting to get to him
Do you think he goes home every night and writes in his diary about how mean everyone is to him?

Soooo between trying to ram through a travel ban on Muslims, being miles away from the next election, and the President literally blaming the next terrorist attack on a judge, it is currently entirely in the Trump administration's interest to allow an al Qaeda or ISIS-influenced terrorist attack on domestic soil.

Soooo between trying to ram through a travel ban on Muslims, being miles away from the next election, and the President literally blaming the next terrorist attack on a judge, it is currently entirely in the Trump administration's interest to allow an al Qaeda or ISIS-influenced terrorist attack on domestic soil.

Yep. I have zero faith that if this current admin received Intel on a possible attack that they would do anything to thwart it. They stand to gain too much from one.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
NYT article (fake news) makes it sound kinda lonely. He's in the White House without his actual family...

Wilsongt

I wonder how many people got their panties in a bunch when Gaga sang her line dealing with gays, bis, and transgender individuals

Pixieking

Banned

Yes and no...

Yes, because the administration so obviously wants to go down the route of African and South American dictators - fascist, authoritarian, suspension of rights, removal of undesirables, suspension of elections.

No, because they've done such a dumb-ass job of concealing what they want, if the US goes down that route, I think it'll motivate people into rioting, armed uprising, violence in the streets.

Certainly it depends upon how bad the (at this point inevitable) attack is, but I don't think a majority of people will go silently into accepting a Draconian rule. Especially not when you have a number of intelligence, former intelligence and foreign-policy experts saying this. There's too much evidence pointing to Trump and his administration fomenting hate for them to get away with all this scot-free.

Nah, he's a (probably black) dude whose voice is too high and mellow to be actual Barack Obama. Barack's voice is deeper, and tends to have a mild quiver into it.
This voice actor occasionally dips into that deeper range (but relaxes into a higher, smoother range, often), but never gets the quiver.

@realDonaldTrump:

omgggg

this is a fake tweet though, right?
I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. That shit better be fucking fake.

NYT article (fake news) makes it sound kinda lonely. He's in the White House without his actual family...
Not to be callous, but he's probably used to it tbh. All his adult kids are off doing their own thing and he clearly doesn't give a shit about Melania.

Swear to fucking Christ if the polls blow it again in 2020 and predict a Trump loss only for him to pull it out again, I don't know what I'll do.

Do you think he goes home every night and writes in his diary about how mean everyone is to him?
If anything I'd expect them to probably overcorrect in their sample demographic weightings and likely voter screens.

Glad the Pats won as a lifelong fan, but part of me was okay with an ATL win since I know they'd bail on visiting Trump. No way the Pats pull a stunt like that.

dramatis

All he needs is CNN to be with him at night, and the NYTimes in the morning

A man so self obsessed is only lonely because of his ego, not because he has no family with him.

Why would they? It's legit news

Because 1) a tweet is not a statement and 2) why is the media playing his game, where he knows his tweets dominate the news? Don't report on his tweets, ask for a statement from the WH and 3) by reporting on his tweets, it allows his tweets to reach a far larger group of people than it should.

What can I say, I disagree it's a statement and I don't think the media should promote his tweets, especially if it's whining about fake news or some crap like that.

Media is not some sort of WH echo chamber.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'd love to know if there is video of him ever actually saying the word "marginalize." I'm not sure he wrote that.

What can I say, I disagree it's a statement and I don't think the media should promote his tweets, especially if it's whining about fake news or some crap like that.

There was a much better argument for this while he was a candidate, especially early in the primaries.

But now it's really no different from any other public statement a President makes. If it were 1993 and Bill Clinton was saying this shit into a microphone every day, it would get reported.

The breakdown is with Trump and his aides and handlers.

He's the president of the United States, everything he says is news and carries weight. If his tweets were simply "I love my wife, isn't she amazing" type stuff it wouldn't matter. Instead his tweets tend to preview his worldview, upcoming policy, and his anger with established norms of American democracy. All that is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom