• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
A bunch of billionaires are laughing their asses off about regular folks getting invested in professional sports. Opiate of the masses.

NeoXChaos

Lol OT Boston most racist city.

you can go to virtually any rural area in the nation and find the same kind of racist folks you would find in the South.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Actually, I'll be honest. I have no knowledge whatsoever about this particular type of sportsball, but why did we want New England to lose again? Cause their owner is a Trump guy? And what's this talk of Boston being racist?

mo60

This football game feels like a repeat of the election

It feels like a repeat of multiple elections in the past in Canada and the recent US one.

And like I said in that biggest choke thread in OT nothing will ever compare to the choke the Alberta Wildrose had to deal with in 2012. At least hilary was not up by like 5%+ a frew days before the election and proceeded to lose by like 9.5% what happened to the Alberta wildrose in 2012.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
2017-02-05.png

Reposted from the Superbowl Thread.

Screw you comey.

This continues to be the worst timeline.

Capella

Actually, I'll be honest. I have no knowledge whatsoever about this particular type of sportsball, but why did we want New England to lose again? Cause their owner is a Trump guy? And what's this talk of Boston being racist?

From my understanding the owner and maybe Tom Brady are and Trump loves them?
Not 100% sure as I really only know enough to keep up with a game and not about any sort of politics surrounding it.

No idea about Boston.

Because Brady (The Pats QB) is Friends with trump.

I'm a Dolphin fan and as much as I hate the Pats during the Regular Season I always root for the AFC.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Spygate, Inflationgate, Tom Brady and Belichick feel like unlikable creeps, running up the score, Boston fans in general being the most obnoxious ever, and they never lose.

Just the worst.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
They lost for like seven straight years in humiliating fashion every time.

Clearly it wasn't enough.

Speaking of humiliating losing years, screw the redsox too. Especially Kurt Schilling with his dumbass sock and Jonathan Papelbon with his dumbass dances.

That they're all terrible outside of sports too is just the unsurprising natural conclusion to their obnoxious personalities and actions.

It's nice to rant about something other than trump every once in awhile.

Trump's staff does not know how to turn the lights on in the White House.

WASHINGTON — President Trump loves to set the day’s narrative at dawn, but the deeper story of his White House is best told at night.

Aides confer in the dark because they cannot figure out how to operate the light switches in the cabinet room. Visitors conclude their meetings and then wander around, testing doorknobs until finding one that leads to an exit. In a darkened, mostly empty West Wing, Mr. Trump’s provocative chief strategist, Stephen K. Bannon, finishes another 16-hour day planning new lines of attack.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/05/us/politics/trump-white-house-aides-strategy.html

sangreal

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/senate-outlook-battles-threats-nuclear-options-234622

"I don't see how they sustain their anger and their lack of participation in the governing process very long and still come back in 2018. I just don't think it's an agenda for success," said Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn (R-Texas). ”So my hope is that once they sort of get over the fact that Donald Trump won ... they'll try to be more productive."

this quote.... I can't even

did I imagine the last 8 years?

The GOP managed to sustain 7 years of pure rage based on Obamacare, which is a policy that half of their base kind of likes.

We'll manage.

That The Onion, right? That's The Onion redesigned and redirecting to the NYT, surely?

Because Jesus H Christ, how are these people still alive if that's legit?

Trump's team are the dads who never ask for directions and end up wasting three hours going in circles (this analogy is set in the 1990s) while yelling at people that ask them if they're lost.

A bunch of billionaires are laughing their asses off about regular folks getting invested in professional sports. Opiate of the masses.
You could call every and any leisure activity humans indulge in the same thing dawg. It's not a good look for you to make a national event almost everyone watches into a class warfare thing

Pixieking

Banned
The GOP managed to sustain 7 years of pure rage based on Obamacare, which is a policy that half of their base kind of likes.

We'll manage.

Trump's team are the dads who never ask for directions and end up wasting three hours going in circles (this analogy is set in the 1990s) while yelling at people that ask them if they're lost.

Don't forget the "totally ignoring what the wife says, because women are inferior but I'll never overtly say that" sexism. :p

(Why am I adding a smiley to that, it's way too real. :( )

On the subject of sexism, anyone care to guess how quickly this light-switch news would've broken if it were a woman in the WH? Plus all those "Women don't know how to work technology" "jokes".

And, yeah, I agree - people aren't going to just bow-down and get on with their lives whilst Trump is in the White House. If he had made an effort at uniting the country, mayyyyyyybe, but certainly not now.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Given the current health crisis, opium is the opium of the masses?
Fitting that last year's Super Bowl advertised a drug for opiate-induced constipation.

Watching a game and enjoying it is fine, much like enjoying a movie. To me, however, getting invested in a team is a lot like caring deeply about Warner Bros' bottom line at the end of the year despite not being a TimeWarner shareholder. You're just cheering for a company that gives zero shits about you (and will leave its fans the second its city doesn't pay for a new stadium).

Fitting that last year's Super Bowl advertised a drug for opiate-induced constipation.

Watching a game and enjoying it is fine, much like enjoying a movie. To me, however, getting invested in a team is a lot like caring deeply about Warner Bros' bottom line at the end of the year despite not being a TimeWarner shareholder. You're just cheering for a company that gives zero shits about you (and will leave its fans the second its city doesn't pay for a new stadium).
This is really just an argument for socialized sports, I can endorse this.

I mean really though, it's an important part of culture. I don't give a shit about football because it's boring af but I don't think it's brainless to get invested in it. People have been fans of their team because their parents were fans, and their parents before them. You're cheering for them because it's fun. Watching sports is fun. Being part of a fandom is fun. It's a big spectacle that brings the nation together, mostly.

If the argument is just that cities should collectively own their sports teams though, that's actually not the worst idea.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...facebook-page.html?via=desktop&source=twitter

Trump posted a fake news story (on facebook) about Kuwait placing a ban on 5 muslim majority countries. Breitbart and infowars wrote their own stories.

The foreign ministry of the Middle Eastern country "categorically denies these claims and affirms that these reported nationalities ... have big communities in Kuwait and enjoy full rights," according to a Sunday morning report in Reuters.

As of Sunday morning, Breitbart, Infowars and the President of the United States have not issued corrections or amendments to their posts about the story.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Atlanta loss confirms we are in in the darkest timeline. The question now is not if, but when, the nukes start flying.

It's an Atlanta sports team. There could not have been another outcome to that game, regardless of timeline.

Though I'd jokingly referred to the super bowl as an election rematch for me emotionally, it played out in such a similar manner that I'm blank about it. No one specific thing Atlanta did in and of itself was catastrophic for the game, just as there's no sole answer for Democrats. But what's notable is that every single little piece of the Falcons (as with the Democrats), top to bottom, managed to fuck up in tiny individualized and unique ways that, only when combined, could do them in entirely. In other words, you could never orchestrate a collapse that badly even if you tried. It takes special circumstances for something truly memorable like that to happen.

Though I'd jokingly referred to the super bowl as an election rematch for me emotionally, it played out in such a similar manner that I'm blank about it. No one specific thing Atlanta did in and of itself was catastrophic for the game, just as there's no sole answer for Democrats. But what's notable is that every single little piece of the Falcons (as with the Democrats), top to bottom, managed to fuck up in tiny individualized and unique ways that, only when combined, could do them in entirely. In other words, you could never orchestrate a collapse that badly even if you tried. It takes special circumstances for something truly memorable like that to happen.

lol this is completely accurate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom