• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
John Harwood Verified account
‏@JohnJHarwood

Sen Cassidy to CNN: "universal health care is different from everyone being covered"

Yeah, OK.

Its such a fine line between reducing costs for the american people for heath care when their wages don't increase and when the heath insurance providers, pharma, etc have to show growth every quarter.

The GOP worked themselves into a corner.

On a side note, we need to demonize the word "insurance". Its a loaded buzzword that doesn't represent the reality anymore.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Yeah, OK.

The goal seems to be for them to be able to use "universal coverage" for whatever plan they come up with, so it can be spun as "broader than ACA", while not actually ensuring any coverage,a t least not affordable, so they can spit it as "we removed the evil mandate".

Pixieking

Banned
Reading the Washington Post's daily email, WorldView. Its editorialising-but-still-entirely-factual-reporting is pretty amusing, and on the nose.

The "people," when invoked by Trump and his camp, does not signify everyone in the United States. It means his supporters, the minority of Americans who voted him into office and see themselves uplifted by his brand of populist ultra-nationalism. Trump brilliantly (and probably unintentionally) summed up this tension on the campaign trail last year: "The only important thing is the unification of the people, because the other people don't mean anything," he said in May.

We're getting a clearer sense of who those meaningless "other people" may be in Trump's mind. It includes the tens of thousands of people adversely affected by the immigration ban, which in one fell swoop disrupted lives, separated families and shattered dreams. Some of these people are legal permanent residents of the United States. Others are American citizens with relatives and friends stuck in airports and caught in bureaucratic limbo.

I mean, this could easily be a DNC email/newsletter, or something written by Kander, Schumer or McMullin.

It's worth subscribing to, I think. :)

jmdajr

awesome for Texas!

20170211_WOC212_2.png

FyreWulff

I would never have guessed that red states would be screwed the most by a Mexico tariff.

Nebraska has a very large Mexican community (a large swath of Omaha has only spanish signage and Spanish versions of chains and large local businesses) and sits on the intersection of I-80 (coast to coast shipments) and I-29 (Mexico and Canada shipments). We are going to feel it a lot, as that chart shows.

There was some "fun fact" years back that 90% of all OTR semi trailers licensed to operate in the US will pass through Nebraska within a calendar year (counting only if they're picking up or dropping off freight here)

chadskin

#boycottbudwiser is supposedly trending on Twitter. And yes it's spelled wrong

The same people who get angry at "liberal outrage" and "PC culture" react the exact same way when something offends their sensibilities.

The difference being, of course, that liberals get outraged at racism/sexism, and conservatives get outraged at tolerance.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I like the side thread about the NY Trump thing. "It's 200 and in NY, it's a big deal". There are millions of people in that city alone.

Lol. That's maybe a big protest size for like Kansas City.

Maybe they're just suprised that the 200 people that voted for trump in NYC all are still engaged enough to protest.

So when does actual legislation begin?

Why does it seem like Paul Ryan and co. are sitting on their thumbs? Are they waiting out the media so when the actual Obamacare repeal happens, it's not as much of a circus?

So when does actual legislation begin?

Why does it seem like Paul Ryan and co. are sitting on their thumbs? Are they waiting out the media so when the actual Obamacare repeal happens, it's not as much of a circus?

The Obamacare early attention has them spooked for now, that and the call ins and protests over his cabinet.

Trump's address at MacDill Air Force Base: "somebody that endorsed me, that makes him a better friend of mine. If they don't endorse, believe me... it's never quite the same. You can talk, but it never means the same."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom