• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if something connecting him directly to the russia story releases.

Or the inevitable search warrants against Flynn find things that implicate Trump.

Here's who I think is going to be tied to Flynn:

- His Son (obviously)
- Carter Page
- Paul Manafort
- Rudy Giulliani
- Roger Stone
- Donald Trump

Here's who I think is going to escape this:

- Chris Christie (but he's fucked by bridge gate)
- Newt Gingrich (dude had enough disagreements with Trump that I think he's not part of the Russia stuff)
- Mike Pence (clearly wasn't in on the Russia stuff since he stayed firmly anti-Russia)
- Bannon and Conway (I think they are more part of the Robert Mercer wing of Trump's team)

This is a curious thing to say when all this screaming about economic anxiety is also, at its heart, an instance in which all that matters is money.

Or maybe it's because if they don't have the money they are worthless? I think you are looking at a symptom, not a root cause. People care about money for a lot of reasons, including the fact than having it and spending it it's a way in which they can quantify and manifest their worth to themselves and others as well. I have no citations for this though, just my opinion. But I think economic anxiety could be more an experiential phenomenon and not just having it or not. I think it's an interesting question that someone already must have tackled in some way. I need to do more research on it.

dramatis

Or maybe it's because if they don't have the money they are worthless? I think you are looking at a symptom, not a root cause. People care about money for a lot of reasons, including the fact than having it and spending it it's a way in which they can quantify and manifest their worth to themselves and others as well. I have no citations for this though, just my opinion. But I think economic anxiety could be more an experiential phenomenon and not just having it or not. I think it's an interesting question that someone already must have tackled in some way. I need to do more research on it.
No. I'm saying that there isn't only one particular perspective on considering how to ease the healthcare industry into a more ideal form. To view "you would blow up a pretty big industry that is responsible for a lot of the economic boom (and the decrease in wage inequality between men and women)" as "all about money" is being just as careless about the thousands of jobs within the current healthcare industry as you are so caring about the 'poor' working class.

I think you're the one who is too eager to cite your opinion as tackling the root cause, of course without consideration for all the consequences as long as you get what you want. Hypocrisy, like your name.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Or the inevitable search warrants against Flynn find things that implicate Trump.

Here's who I think is going to be tied to Flynn:

- His Son (obviously)
- Carter Page
- Paul Manafort
- Rudy Giulliani
- Roger Stone
- Donald Trump

Here's who I think is going to escape this:

- Chris Christie (but he's fucked by bridge gate)
- Newt Gingrich (dude had enough disagreements with Trump that I think he's not part of the Russia stuff)
- Mike Pence (clearly wasn't in on the Russia stuff since he stayed firmly anti-Russia)
- Bannon and Conway (I think they are more part of the Robert Mercer wing of Trump's team)

I honestly believe GOP kept Pence away from Trump because they knew the Russia stuff existed.

I honestly believe GOP kept Pence away from Trump because they knew the Russia stuff existed.

A little of that and a little of Pence never being someone that Trump ever wanted to be close with.

That's not good for them. If they knew what was going on and did nothing they could potentially be charged.

I don't think the GOP as a whole can't be successfully tied in court. Not even everyone in Trump's campaign is going to be snagged into this.

The people who are going to be hit are specifically Trump's inner circle. It's not a coincidence that they all have Russia connections.

Isn't that still very messed up that they abused the fact Trump was committing light treason just to get their person in with plausible deniability? All the perks with none of the mess?

No. I'm saying that there isn't only one particular perspective on considering how to ease the healthcare industry into a more ideal form. To view "you would blow up a pretty big industry that is responsible for a lot of the economic boom (and the decrease in wage inequality between men and women)" as "all about money" is being just as careless about the thousands of jobs within the current healthcare industry as you are so caring about the 'poor' working class.

I think you're the one who is too eager to cite your opinion as tackling the root cause, of course without consideration for all the consequences as long as you get what you want. Hypocrisy, like your name.

There never is to anything, you still have to take actions to improve it for as much people as possible. However, of all the reasons why something should or shouldn't be done everyone seems to be too eager to make the economic argument above all. This, I have an issue here. It's like we cannot assert whether something it's better, good, bad if not seen through the economic lens.

You have no idea what I want.
You only know what I write stop making false equivalences. Maybe I'm more aware than you that there aren't perfect solutions, only trade offs that aren't harm free but even being cognizant of that I'm making the argument that Health shouldn't be on the list of things in which we discriminate access because of money or industry. Also, please stop with the ad hominems, I think I haven't done that to you to receive that type of response, I'm here in good faith trying to talk about things.

It's not really going to matter. Pence after an impeached Trump, due to treason, is going to make him a lame duck president.

Liberals hate him and the Trumpers hate him. He only appeals to the middle of the road GOP. He'll have a piddly existence after the Democrats sweep everything in 2018 on the back of Russiagate and fade out after a 2-3 year presidency, doing nothing of consequence.

Wilsongt

Someone was waiting for a Greenwald hot take?

Greenwald told Tucker Carlson that there are Democrats hoping that an “unelected faction in Washington will undermine and subvert and destroy the legitimacy of Donald Trump’s presidency” before he even takes office.

He argued why elements of the intel community would oppose Trump and view him as a threat, recalling Dwight Eisenhower‘s famous warning about the military-industrial complex. And one of the big problems, Greenwald said, is how the media treats allegations from the intel community.

Necrovex

Seems to the new BernieBro thing to do is begin to attack Corey Booker...

Also the incoming tactic from the right. Looks like they are teaming up to sink him before 2020 even starts ramping up.

I'm a gigantic Hillary fan and I dislike Brooker. His stances towards charter schools and teacher unions are toxic to my future education career path. I'd never support him during the primary. If my choices were Brooker or Trump, Brooker would get my acquiescence vote (though I'd vote for Harambe over Trump).

Someone was waiting for a Greenwald hot take?

Source?

Not saying I don't believe you. I just want to be able to show this to some far left people that were recently defending Greenwald.

Seems to the new BernieBro thing to do is begin to attack Corey Booker...

Also the incoming tactic from the right. Looks like they are teaming up to sink him before 2020 even starts ramping up.

No it's not a Bernie Bro thing. Booker was basically kissing Rex Tillerson's ass during the hearing.

Booker is not the next Obama. The next Obama is Kamala Harris.

This is the actual Intercept piece that Mediate is talking about: https://theintercept.com/2017/01/11...-elect-using-unverified-claims-as-dems-cheer/

Pretty much explains the views some on the far left are holding atm. A lot of people are just repeating Greenwald's opinions verbatim.

Urgh, that's a terrible piece, Greenwald is more interested in a witch hunt of his fellow journalists than holding the powerful accountable.

And doubles down by going on Tucker Carlson. Useful idiot.

dramatis

There never is to anything, you still have to take actions to improve it for as much people as possible. However, of all the reasons why something should or shouldn't be done everyone seems to be too eager to make the economic argument above all. This, I have an issue here. It's like we cannot assert whether something it's better, good, bad if not seen through the economic lens.

You have no idea what I want.
You only know what I write stop making false equivalences. Maybe I'm more aware than you that there aren't perfect solutions, only trade offs that aren't harm free but even being cognizant of that I'm making the argument that Health shouldn't be on the list of things in which we discriminate access because of money or industry. Also, please stop with the ad hominems, I think I haven't done that to you to receive that type of response, I'm here in good faith trying to talk about things.
This was your sarcastic response to concern for jobs in the healthcare industry:
Yeah, all that matters is money, the right to health protection isn't worth all the money that this industry makes and how much money they are able to extract from other business and families with their ever increasing prices.
It's quite clear you were not thinking about jobs in the industry as anything of value to protect or consider when changing the healthcare system—you dismissed those workers as greedy.

So it is within your own words that you showed what you thought, not me writing ad hominems.

I find it quite hypocritical in many ways to promote the interests of the working class—but apparently only for specific working class, such as white people or people who aren't involved in the healthcare industry, because those are the only people who are apparently not "all about money" and that their economic woes take precedence over the civil rights and economic woes of minorities, or something like that.

They are excused from their own greedy desires, by your opinion:
But the workers in the healthcare industry are not excused.

You're valuing the 'economic anxiety' people by their worth in money. I think that betrays more about how you think of people. I think the value of those people is not in whether or not they have money, but in their labor. If they also want money, then it is also greed, regardless of how you want to dress it up.

JP_

Banned
That might be the case but if Trump goes down for this there's no way Pence escapes unscathed. Same with Pribius.

I don't believe in "there's no way" anymore. I think it's about 50/50 Trump and friends get taken down vs Trump is the new normal because republicans want to stay in power.

This was your sarcastic response to concern for jobs in the healthcare industry:

It's quite clear you were not thinking about jobs in the industry as anything of value to protect or consider when changing the healthcare system—you dismissed those workers as greedy.

So it is within your own words that you showed what you thought, not me writing ad hominems.

I find it quite hypocritical in many ways to promote the interests of the working class—but apparently only for specific working class, such as white people or people who aren't involved in the healthcare industry, because those are the only people who are apparently not "all about money" and that their economic woes take precedence over the civil rights and economic woes of minorities, or something like that.

They are excused from their own greedy desires, by your opinion:

But the workers in the healthcare industry are not excused.

You're valuing the 'economic anxiety' people by their worth in money. I think that betrays more about how you think of people. I think the value of those people is not in whether or not they have money, but in their labor. If they also want money, then it is also greed, regardless of how you want to dress it up.

I just see healthcare for all, more valuable than the healthcare industry as a profitable business. I also never even wrote working class anywhere in my posts, you're projecting what's not there.

Also, I think we are all prisoners of greed and a system that fosters interactions with the world through endless consumption and money. I don't consider anyone to be exempt from this epidemic, when is a core element of how we have organized our societies. You seem to presume the worst of me by thinking I don't excuse them from it, when one of my motivations in thinking about it it's how to best overcome this.

good, I want to see Trump and Pence go down in flames while Ryan has to deal with the disastrous repeal of Obamacare that takes down the whole party

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
good, I want to see Trump and Pence go down in flames while Ryan has to deal with the disastrous repeal of Obamacare that takes down the whole party

Pence will not go down. It was strategic for him to stay quiet and out of negotiations throughout the election.

Crocodile

You would think GAF of all places would know the dangers of overhype but guess this is a lesson as a collective we never seem to learn LOL. I see no reason to get hyped or start thinking of "dream scenarios" until Trump et al actually get indicted/charged with something.

Plinko

Pence will run in 2020, lose to a mediocre Democrat who will get crushed 4 years later by Neo-Reagan and history will repeat itself!

Neo-Reagan means Cruz, correct? Because you better believe he is secretly praying this Russia stuff sticks.

Wilsongt

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) has been trying for some time now to find a way to drug test those who need government assistance to afford food.
He signed a measure two years ago that would institute tests for the state’s food stamp program and a number of other programs that serve the poor. But states don’t have the authority to make such changes to the program, leading Walker to sue the federal government to allow him to move forward.

He seemed to gain new optimism, however, about his chances of success after Donald Trump was elected president. In December, he sent a public appeal to Trump asking him to act quickly and give his state the necessary authority. “We want your help as soon as possible,” he wrote in a letter. “We…are optimistic your administration will give states like Wisconsin the flexibility to provide the accountability the taxpayers demand.”

But this week, an Obama administration official made it clear that even if Trump were to support Walker’s request, he can’t do it on his own. Drug testing food stamp recipients violates current law, Kevin Concannon, undersecretary at the federal Food and Nutrition Service within the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) said in an interview with Wisconsin Rapids Daily Tribune, and it would require Congressional action to change that fact.

“The law clearly does not allow it,” he said.
After Scott Walker’s office sent a request to the USDA to implement the policy, Concannon said, “We consulted the legal counsels here and the law absolutely does not allow it.”

https://thinkprogress.org/usda-walker-food-stamps-drug-test-9863cc6500c#.ktth5ewfs

Disgusting. These people do all they can to denigrate the poor. Yet, poor whites will continue to vote for these jackasses.

Don't whites have a bigger problem with drugs than minorities? I thought I remember seeing that somewhere.

Much bigger problem with heroin now.

Doctors assume non-white people can't feel pain and thus only prescribed opioids to white people so now a fuckton of white people are addicted to heroin.

Once Mexico stops fighting the war on drugs to get back at Trump, white people will probably struggle more with drugs overall than non-white people.

I hate to say it this way, but Pence is probably clean when it comes to the Russia Stuff.

Remember that Pence was never close with Trump. It's the people who are in Trump's inner circle that are most likely to be tied to Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom